Author Topic: AT AT parts please!!  (Read 9331 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: AT AT parts please!!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 07:58:40 AM »
I am anxious to see how these turned out.  Having those pieces would be cool to do some blown up walker scenes. That is if you believe walkers can be blown up.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 09:03:34 AM »
I do believe that with enough fire power, a walker might be blown up but I thought he was refering to a battle damaged gunship.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 11:47:07 PM »
I want an ATAT like this proto that was made in 85-86 to help revitalize the line but was never produced.
I found this image in a folder full of unproduced protos and designs at theswca.com.
As a custom, this beast wouldn't be too hard to make and appears to be sporting the cannon from the vintage Death Star playset.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:50:05 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 06:00:20 AM »
That is exactly what I was talking about! I would love to see this bad boy. Hey Clint, if I send you a walker, you think you could pull this off?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 08:52:30 AM »
That is exactly what I was talking about! I would love to see this bad boy. Hey Clint, if I send you a walker, you think you could pull this off?
Anything is possible, my friend! I was thinking of trying a smaller version with one of my ATAT walker model kits.
I love the weathered look of this one.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:57:12 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 10:02:24 AM »
I think Wayne showed me that pic a few years ago. I have been salivating hoping to get something like this, but alas a custom guy I am not. We can only hope this new supersized walker will get off the ground!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 10:03:06 AM »
I think that I just had an epiphany about this. What if you were to use the cockpit with gun from the Clone Wars ATAP and converted it to be a rotating armored turret for our flatbed ATAT? I wonder if someone could photo shop those two together to see how it would look.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 10:05:26 AM »
I think Wayne showed me that pic a few years ago. I have been salivating hoping to get something like this, but alas a custom guy I am not. We can only hope this new supersized walker will get off the ground!
Cabinets, customs, whats the differance? You may be a custom guy and not know it, Shawn.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 10:16:14 AM »
Cabinets, customs, whats the differance? You may be a custom guy and not know it, Shawn.

wood I can do a bit as long as it is not too small a dimension. This fine detail stuff I just don't have the hands for trust me!

Now your ATAP idea is quite interesting. I bet it would look good. I am not sure I have the photoship skills to do that though. Pat might!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 10:36:08 AM »

wood I can do a bit as long as it is not too small a dimension. This fine detail stuff I just don't have the hands for trust me!

Now your ATAP idea is quite interesting. I bet it would look good. I am not sure I have the photoship skills to do that though. Pat might!
My photo shop skills are the same way, buddy. I could pull it off but it might take a couple of hours of trial and error.
I would be better off trying to sketch it.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 10:44:49 AM »
I believe Stenhunter has some photoshop skills as well. Perhaps he would help us crop together an image.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 10:49:53 AM »
I believe Stenhunter has some photoshop skills as well. Perhaps he would help us crop together an image.

Matter of fact I was taking some time right now to look at his goodies and came to the same conclusion. This is an interesting idea Clint. I would love to see it happen!

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 04:40:49 PM »
Hey Clint, Im just now catching up on past post Iv missed... I have made molds for those parts for the turrets but couldnt finish the castings with the resin I have. I tried but the resin base was no good from sitting. Will get them to you shortly, I havent forgot. Also those ammo pouches and pistols & holsters as well!
"Magnificent Aren't They"

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 04:52:06 PM »
I have a bunch of  the big single and small double pouches. Also on the atrt driver gun strap I molded the bullets and the I believe its a detonator...mabe??  Have plenty of everything but holsters and pistols, may have a few Ill have to check on them to be shore.  I have to ship out some items for ebayers tomorrow so Ill send you what I have for now and get the rest to you when I get more resin.
"Magnificent Aren't They"

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 05:17:29 PM »
Much obliged, John. Like I said, there was no coupon in the paper this week but there will be next week I'll bet.
  I can pick up some resin next week for you if you need.
The pistols are easier to come by now as there is one in every legacy legends gear locker, now. The holsters are the part that I was really looking for though and the other stuff sounds great to me. I will have to fix you up with my latest castings when I send the resin.