Author Topic: super articulation services  (Read 15219 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: super articulation services
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »
maybe we can negiotiate some body parts or accesories  ;) ill pm

Darth Neo, I sent you a PM back, but just for clarification for everyone's sake...

Pretty much ALL the original star wars figure is used in these processes.  Even the discarded legs are pretty severely chopped up.  I use almost every tiny detail from the boba fett legs for that figure, as well as the same for the others.  For instance the feet of the at-at driver figure are the original figure's feet.  The knee pads on the snowtrooper were cut off the original figure's legs.  doing this basically destroys the original star wars figure's leftover parts.

As for the gi-joe parts, the chests and arms and head are usually left intact... but I do use them for other customs so at this time I'm not willing to trade them for anything...

AND since I am basically doing this service for free I am keeping the spare parts from any figures you send me to use as "payment." 

I appreciate your interest in it though. 
I have thought about doing a darth vader btw.....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 10:38:54 AM »
What do you think about doing a holographic super articulate Vader. I would love to get one where I could re-enact that pose he has with this hands on his hips when he demands a report from Veers in the walker. Remember that screen shot? I still have not yet been able to get my hands on my figs from you as they are at the post office and will be so till I get back to work tomorrow. It is drivng me nuts.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 12:53:13 AM »
What do you think about doing a holographic super articulate Vader. I would love to get one where I could re-enact that pose he has with this hands on his hips when he demands a report from Veers in the walker. Remember that screen shot? I still have not yet been able to get my hands on my figs from you as they are at the post office and will be so till I get back to work tomorrow. It is drivng me nuts.

I honestly have no idea how I would do a holographic vader... the ONLY figure in the gi-joe line that comes close to the holographic style is the blue Wraith figure:

and those figures were so rare that I never ever saw one...  

BUT... now that I look at the holo vader:

After carefully looking at both figures I don't think I could come up with a good combination of both to make a decent looking holo vader that was screen acurate...  I could kit-bash the two together but I don't think it'd be worth it....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:54:55 AM by spudafett »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 05:56:25 AM »
Thanks for considering it. I don't know why they won't give us a super articulated holographic one. I could already see the vintage card this would come on with the screen shot of him talking to Veers in the holo projector. Dang, I was hoping you could find something that would work. Why won't hasbro take thier super arty vader mold and use holographic plastic?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »
Thanks for considering it. I don't know why they won't give us a super articulated holographic one. I could already see the vintage card this would come on with the screen shot of him talking to Veers in the holo projector. Dang, I was hoping you could find something that would work. Why won't hasbro take thier super arty vader mold and use holographic plastic?

tamer... if you can find those two figures I would be willing to give it a shot.  It might be a LONG SHOT... but I'd give it a shot.  It's not something I'm willing to give a guarentee on though, and I think I'll have to do ALOT of dremel work on the vader figure to make it work... so the transparent nature of the plastic may become even more opaque....

I'm going to pm you about it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2010, 09:13:52 AM »
If I keep whining long enough maybe someone will make it for me.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 09:39:58 AM »

next thing you know you'll be wanting your holo figures to flicker like an old tv set being filmed by a camera......    ::)

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 08:45:13 PM »
Would we know anyone who could make such a thing???

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2010, 07:40:19 AM »

next thing you know you'll be wanting your holo figures to flicker like an old tv set being filmed by a camera......    ::)

Hey Sounds Great!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 03:18:42 PM »
hey guys....

since there realy wasn't much interest in this as I thought there might be I'm recending the offer to do these figures for folks.  I just don't have the time for it anymore.  Work (and life in general) has bogged me down and its taking me months to get simple projects done for other people. 

I'm leaving up these parts lists and will be happy to offer any help in the way of advice for anyone wanting to undertake one of these projects.  I may even add future recipes if I ever do any more SA-SW stuff.

but as for right now, please do not message me about doing these for you.  thanks.