Author Topic: Tamer is finally getting a Driver Costume  (Read 126523 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Tamer is finally getting a Driver Costume
« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2013, 07:35:12 PM »
Love the update! great to see what you look like and at last you got some snow! Which helps set the scene! I told you you would need a bigger AT AT! Ha ha ! But You seemed tobe making  the best of it you could! ;)
Mind you if the drivers really were that big they wouldnt need AT AT's! It reminds me of the Pacific Rim trailers Ive seen! LOL! :)

Glad you liked the scene. That walker will just have to do till I can get one in my size.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love this one!

Figured some folks could see the humor in that like me. Thanks for the comments.

I agree, that looks like a Front Page pic to me.
Like the mantamer set up.

Thanks Clint. I think the nice thing is now that I have the whole custom on it I can see what I need to do to bulk it up (just bubble wrap) in some areas. I am also kind waiting to position the arms when I get my e-11. I was smart enough to cut some holes in the joint sections so I could get back to them to change up the pose if I wanted. I kinda like the standing pose, but think raising a blaster willl look a little cooler. Thanks for putting it on the front page.

I am also in touch with a 501st member in my area who thinks I am pretty well there for entrance into the 501st. I need to get myself a white bacalava head covering (I bought black like a dope) so you can't see the back of my noggin, but that is just a quick ebay or amazon order. There are some events this fellow has where I can support some local charities so thats cool too.

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #226 on: March 06, 2013, 08:29:22 PM »
wooow that is a great AT-AT Driver custome  :o :o :o  "watch your ass rebels" hahahhahahahahahhahaaha   

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2013, 05:19:19 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love this one!

Awesome me and Lucas loved this one this morning!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2013, 05:56:00 AM »
wooow that is a great AT-AT Driver custome  :o :o :o  "watch your ass rebels" hahahhahahahahahhahaaha   

Thanks Pablo. I never did find any power generators  yet either.

Awesome me and Lucas loved this one this morning!

Thanks Chad. Like I said on Facebook, I could easily see you two doing SW or JOE Costumes. I saw that cool Ghost Costume that looked pretty much there for Lucas the other day.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2013, 07:31:44 AM »
 Fantastic pictures...I love this costume !!!  Spot on 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2013, 07:50:30 AM »
Fantastic pictures...I love this costume !!!  Spot on 

Thank you. I ordered myself a white head cover last night so I won't see my noggin.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2013, 07:57:10 AM »
AWESOME! This is so cool Shawn! Love seeing a plan come together. You covered the 2 issues I saw, head wrap and add some bubble wrap to the mantamer! HAHA!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2013, 08:53:04 AM »
AWESOME! This is so cool Shawn! Love seeing a plan come together. You covered the 2 issues I saw, head wrap and add some bubble wrap to the mantamer! HAHA!

Amen Spry. Already have a black head cover, but bought a white one last night off of amazon. They say you can't go wrong with Under Armor so I am trying one out.

And I have no doubt I will have to remove the costume from the mannequin to take more back pics so I plan on beefing up the Mannetamer then. Wish a few of you guys lived closer and we could have a bubble wrap party. Glad I have you guys around online, but man it would be cool to have a few of you closer.

Spookymufu

« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2013, 09:06:08 AM »
I saw a mani made out of duct tape wrapped around the guy, then he was cut out and the duct tape shell was stuffed and the costume was fitted. You just have to be in the pose you want when they wrap you in tape.

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2013, 11:56:24 AM »
This pic made me smile  ;D

It looks like you had a great time out in the snow. I also like the mannetamer. That has to be so cool just to walk by and see your costume on display like that. It's nice when you can make your dreams reality.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2013, 01:03:16 PM »
I saw a mani made out of duct tape wrapped around the guy, then he was cut out and the duct tape shell was stuffed and the costume was fitted. You just have to be in the pose you want when they wrap you in tape.

I have seen folks do that on FB, but bubble wrap is tons easier and as I will no doubt be trooping in this every once in awhile I plan on beefing him up a bit in the chest and arms. I also made sure to leave holes in all the joint areas so I can re-position it without much trouble. That stand really supports it well too.

This pic made me smile  ;D

It looks like you had a great time out in the snow. I also like the mannetamer. That has to be so cool just to walk by and see your costume on display like that. It's nice when you can make your dreams reality.

Barry I have been waiting for you to show up. And yes, it is pretty cool to have it in my Tamer Cave. And yes I agree with you on making your dreams reality, just like you and your awesome room size Battle of Hoth Diorama. How cool it would be to get a shot of my costume in that room!

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2013, 07:20:35 PM »

Barry I have been waiting for you to show up. And yes, it is pretty cool to have it in my Tamer Cave. And yes I agree with you on making your dreams reality, just like you and your awesome room size Battle of Hoth Diorama. How cool it would be to get a shot of my costume in that room!

You've always got an open invitation to R1bb1t Ranch, Shawn! I am r1bb1ted for your pleasure (that didn't sound right).
Anytime you're down in Alabama, swing on by! I actually live in a small rural town called Empire. Before that, I lived in a small town called Republic. As I child, I once lived in a place called Alliance. My current county is called Walker (as in Imperial...). All of these towns are in Alabama, and it was just random that I've lived in these SW sounding towns. True story.
So, come on down, and I'll leave the light on for you!

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #237 on: March 08, 2013, 08:53:01 AM »
LOL. That will be on my bucket list for sure.

Strange coincidence all those SW towns and counties. I think something interesting is happening there.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #238 on: March 16, 2013, 05:47:07 PM »
Well I decided to apply for the 501st as I found a very nice member who is relatively close and I was able to make some fairly easy corrections to make this just a bit better (would have been quicker if I hadn't had my knife incident).

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #239 on: March 16, 2013, 07:04:59 PM »
Well I decided to apply for the 501st as I found a very nice member who is relatively close and I was able to make some fairly easy corrections to make this just a bit better (would have been quicker if I hadn't had my knife incident).

Wow! Good luck with the application, the 501st is a great organisation. They'll be lucky to have you!

Costume looks awesome as ever.