Author Topic: Tamer is finally getting a Driver Costume  (Read 126498 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Tamer is finally getting a Driver Costume
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2012, 04:04:23 PM »
Looks great to me Serg. I just got an email last week, I think it will be anytime now they ship it out.

I way one day go after a LAWS too.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2012, 05:10:32 AM »
Thanks. :)

Good news! Congrats. Did you order the under-suit from them too?
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2012, 05:50:57 AM »
your gonna be sooo stoked when it arrives Shawn! on an different note i bought one of those Angry Birds Star Wars blind packs yesterday and guess what i got ?....thats right..a piggy AT-AT driver!! instantly thought of you Shawn lol
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2012, 05:56:57 AM »
Thanks. :)

Good news! Congrats. Did you order the under-suit from them too?

Yes, I think all I will need to get at this point besides the blaster (working on a DD thanks to WB) is maybe some type of neck seal (not sure about that yet) and will need to sew the webbing (my wife is gonna handle that) and I should be good to go. I already have the boots and the gloves ready (need to mount the comm chip on the left glove I believe) and I believe I am ready.

your gonna be sooo stoked when it arrives Shawn! on an different note i bought one of those Angry Birds Star Wars blind packs yesterday and guess what i got ?....thats right..a piggy AT-AT driver!! instantly thought of you Shawn lol

I might have to check that out. I see they also have some type of AT-AT Game, but that one doesn't appeal to me. You usually can't go wrong with a walker or driver though.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2012, 06:16:54 AM »
I wanted to get the MC comm pad but is not that accurate either. The one from Laws is also missing the 5 clear buttons/pads as seen here:

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2013, 02:08:00 AM »
I forgot to say that if you make a Doopydoos E-11 blaster you should consider having the Hengstler and cylinders removable since in ESB they were not present on E-11 blasters (and have an M-19 scope as opposed to the M-38/M-40). Or try to get a Pugman Stormtrooper blaster which is molded after a screen used ESB stunt blaster - if interested in one PM me.
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2013, 04:45:16 AM »
Love all these references. I sure hope it can be used by someone else down the road to create their own set of armor. And yes Serg, if I can get my costume sorted, I would definitely be interested in acquiring as close as possible to TESB accuracy. I didn't know there were any differences.

Also as an update I did get my armor in from MonCal (farawaycreations) and am for the most part very pleased. They were some shipping damages so of course I was a bit disappointed there, but I am in communication with them to get it fixed. They have been easy to work with so far.

There is still a lot of things left to do with the finished armor like attaching the front and back armor and shoulder bells, making straps to attach said pieces, adding snaps and assorted velcro to the front and back armor and shoulder bells, attaching the comm pad to the left glove, attaching the E Harness (got a good lead on that one though) and ofcourse getting those damages fixed. I am getting closer though folks. Hopefully by springtime I will be good to go. I hope I don't drive you all crazy with certain questions till I get this put together.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2013, 06:19:18 AM »
Good to hear about this. Sorry about the small issues I'm sure they can be fixed. Show us some pics as soon as you can please! :)

Here is the Pugman ESB E-11 Stunt Stormtrooper blaster made from an original screen used stunt blaster. This is a rough blaster, with a lot of imperfections, but it is EXACTLY like the screen used, no idealizing or cleaning on it. I love itand wil lget one as soon as budget allows it.

Here's a cool publicity pic from ESB of stormtroopers arresting Leia with an ESB 'stunt' blaster... just like the one that these replicas are cast from:

More pics in this thread: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=8243.0
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2013, 08:30:17 AM »
Awesome review Serg.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2013, 07:45:47 AM »
I just got my set of at-at driver armor (long time dream) and the greeblies on part of the breather box are glued on cock-eyed. I will include a picture:

I need to get those two black greeblies off so I can glue them on straight. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:19:14 PM by Tamer »

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2013, 07:49:17 AM »
As I already said yesterday by PM I would ask Cal what is the best way to do it. Anyway on my Laws AT-AT armor the mesh beneath the 2 black square greeblies is metal, so they might be easy to remove if necessary. Is your mesh metal too? Did you gently try using a small scredriver underneath? I'm sure they are only glued in place, no use of screws or anything else. But be careful not to damage the mesh. BTW from what i see from the pic above it seems only the top black one is glued wrong.
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2013, 08:43:04 AM »
Well I couldn't stand it so Serg I did just that. One of em actually popped off with just me wiggling a bit so it was perhaps good I did this anyway. And no the mesh doesn't seem to be metal. I did use a screwdriver on the other one and have them sanded. And the one wasn't horrible, but still had to come off so I could glue the other one back on straight. Now to just glue em back on which I think I can handle. Of course the superglue I had in the house was dried up so my wife is out picking me some up. Gotta hand it to her she has dealing with my fixating on this this week. So problem one squared away and I will put up more pics once I get it glued back on.

Now to just get the red back on the tusk that was knocked off:

and I will be back on the track to getting this assembled. I have about half talked myself into trying it.

And yes I have contacted Cal (emailed on Monday and even tried a phone call last night) but haven't heard anything yet.  I was hoping to hear from him so I could at least get what paint color he was using on that red tusk so I can try and match it. I guess he is just busy? :'(
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:49:43 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2013, 11:31:43 AM »
Before I forget, I found two awesome Youtube Videos of folks that have added light to their breather boxes. I am thinking about trying to find someone to do this to mine!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »
I fixed it!

Guess its time to order my parts and supplies to get the rest of it sorted.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2013, 02:17:41 AM »
Congrats on fixing it, told you is not a big deal :) Now get some masking tape and some red paint and simply paint the tusk again with red.

If you look in the link below you'll see my lighted chest box too, it makes a big difference:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7848.msg150310#msg150310

Also do not forget some people are still in vacation and might only come back on 7th January or so.
My collection
Trade Feedback