Author Topic: My Custom Figures (Republic, CIS, Imperial, Criminals, and MORE!)  (Read 117703 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Custom Imperial and Rebel Forces!
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2019, 05:01:37 PM »
Excellent work on your Captain Fordo, mate! His modified armour looks awesome - really like that mod on his left forearm! The dart adds some more coolness to him! Not sure which modification you did on the belt/holsters though...did you cut some parts off the holsters so that the blasters go deeper into them?

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2019, 09:38:34 PM »
Excellent work on your Captain Fordo, mate! His modified armour looks awesome - really like that mod on his left forearm! The dart adds some more coolness to him! Not sure which modification you did on the belt/holsters though...did you cut some parts off the holsters so that the blasters go deeper into them?

Just added a second holster. His phase II armor only has one holster for some reason? I know it was like that in the show as well, but it never made much sense to me considering he's always duel-wielded.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2019, 01:43:06 AM »
Well, I should've noticed that - especially because I currently work on TVC Fordo...pretty embarassing.
On the other hand it speaks for your excellent job! Your mod is that brilliant that I didn't even detect it. Looks awesome and now your Captain Fordo is definitely one unique masterpiece of a kind!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 06:01:34 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2019, 04:19:18 AM »
You are taking a great figure and making him even greater. Love that wrist dart blaster.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2019, 06:25:00 AM »
I don't have anything special to add that wasn't already said.  But you've done and awesome job and all the little details are great.  All you figs are that way.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2019, 06:39:03 AM »
I don't have anything special to add that wasn't already said.  But you've done and awesome job and all the little details are great.  All you figs are that way.

Thanks!  ()rr
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2019, 12:58:22 PM »
Got Darman Skirata Finished up!

3 out of 4, Omega Squad.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2019, 07:48:36 AM »
Another nice one. You are really doing great work on these. Makes me want to go back and read the novels.

Off to the front pages.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2019, 09:25:30 PM »
Another nice one. You are really doing great work on these. Makes me want to go back and read the novels.

Off to the front pages.

I know you might be crunched for time, why not consider the audio-books? That's the only way I "read" anymore...  ;D

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2019, 11:04:40 PM »
Fordo turned out really excellently! And Darman looks spot on. Your commando squad is shaping up beautifully! The weathering on these figures is brilliant.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2019, 02:13:07 AM »
I just love your custom project of the Old Republic/Clone Wars era! Darman looks excellent! You did an amazing job on the painting and weathering! I really like the initial design of Omega Squad!
Now, the squad is almost complete! When I looked online for pictures of them I could hardly find anything except for your reference of Republic Commando Targets.
And I wonder how Atin is going to look like. The only other reference is this one here on the forums of rebelscum:

https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1072651&page=7

So are you going to give Atin a green design, too?
And to be honest, I think your Suqad looks better. Definitely an improvment! I hope Hasbro will give us more RCs. By the way tunghori listed the Clone Wars Boss for $12.99 yesterday. You could also send him a message and ask if he got the realistic style TLC/SOTDS commandos. You never know what he still got under his counter.
Also yesterday a loose set of Delta Squad from 2010 was sold for 55€ on ebay.

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2019, 02:45:29 AM »
I have the audible app, but think I am up to pay for it. Might be a good idea if I would use it enough. I will think on it.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2019, 04:42:23 AM »

Fordo turned out really excellently! And Darman looks spot on. Your commando squad is shaping up beautifully! The weathering on these figures is brilliant.

Thank you, Starchaser! This has been a very fun project and I can't wait to have it all wrapped up. Each commando does feel like their own person and I'm happy I accomplished that!

I just love your custom project of the Old Republic/Clone Wars era! Darman looks excellent! You did an amazing job on the painting and weathering! I really like the initial design of Omega Squad!
Now, the squad is almost complete! When I looked online for pictures of them I could hardly find anything except for your reference of Republic Commando Targets.
And I wonder how Atin is going to look like. The only other reference is this one here on the forums of rebelscum:

https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1072651&page=7

So are you going to give Atin a green design, too?
And to be honest, I think your Suqad looks better. Definitely an improvment! I hope Hasbro will give us more RCs. By the way tunghori listed the Clone Wars Boss for $12.99 yesterday. You could also send him a message and ask if he got the realistic style TLC/SOTDS commandos. You never know what he still got under his counter.
Also yesterday a loose set of Delta Squad from 2010 was sold for 55€ on ebay.

- Philipp

Thanks for the feedback as always, Phillip! I'm not sure how I'll handle Atin just yet but I do have some ideas. I'll also be starting a Republic Gunship project soon too. My vintage collection bird is going to have a fully crewed ship with amazing details. My vintage collection of pilots arrives today and hopefully I'll have my bird here by the weekend.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2019, 06:27:50 AM »
Holy smokes, so you're going to customize your TVC Republic Gunship?!  :o That's gonna be daggone!
Can't express how excited I am for this!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2019, 09:12:12 AM »
Holy smokes, so you're going to customize your TVC Republic Gunship?!  :o That's gonna be daggone!
Can't express how excited I am for this!

Yes - I plan a number of upgrades: weathering, enhanced crew bay, with grab handles for troopers to latch onto. I'll also consider some other ideas I'm thinking of. This gunship is going to be decked to the nines... I'm just waiting for the seller to ship. It's been in pre-shipment for 48 hours.