Imperial Community > Imperial Break Room

mein greebles!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

JDeck:

--- Quote from: Tamer

And to the front page as well. Thanks for the info!
[/quote ---  Yeah, pleasure's all mine. There's tons of stuff you can do with greebles. Ship making, ILM used hundreds of Tamiya kits to make their ships. Diorama accessories, I've made tons of machines and things using model parts. Any kind of technology can be created using kitbashing , your imagination is the limit.  the Tamiya 88 is the best kit if you want tons of parts. The ship, aircraft and armor kits provide neat parts but mostly just the body, the 88 is nothing but little parts.
 I started mocking up some of the parts to make a crane like mechanism. With a few modifications I was able to make the crane operable with elevation and traverse. Tamiya 88mm gun pieces in grey, AMT AT-ST in white. I just need to add detail parts to make it more sci-fi. That's only 6 of the 200 parts available with the kit plus 2 from the AT-ST kit and a couple of pieces of plastic tubing. Had I completely scratch built it, this would have taken several hours. With the model parts it look less than an hour.
--- End quote ---

JDeck:
     I was able to get a bunch of the Metal Earth Star Wars kits pretty cheap on ebay. I got them because they are basically photo etched parts. They might be a little thicker than photo brass, but the difference is negligible. Each kit has two sheets full of different shapes, and they are pretty well detailed concidering the thinness of the sheets. Works great for detailing panels, and they can be bent fairly easily.

Tamer:
So you are using them to detail the inside of your Shipyard, really cool effect. I have the AT-AT version of this, but never put it together.

Tamer:
Here is a link to the metal earth kits on eBay if anyone has the same idea:

eBay Metal Earth Kit Links

JDeck:

--- Quote from: Tamer on January 22, 2017, 06:34:22 AM ---So you are using them to detail the inside of your Shipyard, really cool effect. I have the AT-AT version of this, but never put it together.

--- End quote ---
   Yeah im using these parts to detail the interior of the hangar bays. It is 1/14000 scale.   It's impossible to get this kind of detail with a scribing tool.
   The metal earth kits on their own are pretty cool though, nice detail. Only problem is not bending them, or getting a kit that isn't already bent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version