Author Topic: Upgraded Hasbro 1:6 Han Solo and Luke X-Wing pilot  (Read 120719 times)

Offline YakFace

• Commander
Re: New Republic T-Wing Pilot
« Reply #570 on: June 24, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
Wow really cool pilot! What's the helmet from?

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #571 on: June 24, 2012, 05:28:18 PM »
Great looking pilot!!

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #572 on: June 25, 2012, 02:54:21 AM »
Hi again folks!

Thanks for the kind words (and FP) re my pilot! I thought I'd go for a blue flightsuit as it is something that I don't think we've seen in the SW verse so far?

Found a spot in the cottage that seems to act as a natural lightbox so here's a few more pics and some better shot of his lid...

The head and legs are from a ROC Duke, the body and arms are a 25th BBQ and the chest box and leg straps are from the Snowspeeder Zev. The helmet is from a Green Lantern Hal Jordan pilot figure....

Finally, here is an early WIP shot of my next holiday custom, Ben Skywalker...

WB Out!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #573 on: June 25, 2012, 05:06:15 AM »
Wow, looks great. I really do like those flaming rebel symbols. Time to get Ben some front page treatment too.

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Mandalorians wear the finest armor blood can buy"
« Reply #574 on: June 25, 2012, 06:32:18 AM »
Very cool customs man... I could've never pulled off anything like this had I been away from my workbench... - pretty slick!
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #575 on: June 25, 2012, 07:07:54 AM »
I like Ben Skywalker. Well done.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #576 on: June 25, 2012, 07:55:23 AM »
Blue pilots... I love the idea of that.  Very well done!

0/

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
Re: Ben Skywalker - Jedi Knight
« Reply #577 on: June 25, 2012, 10:01:41 AM »
Thanks guys! The Internet is a bit shonky here - so I hope that this next update works...

Here we go again folks!

I'm not a big reader of the EU, but I love the idea of Luke having a son - so here's my take on Ben Skywalker Jedi Knight. 

I also liked the idea of have the NJO reclaiming the Clone Wars Jedi badge - so hence the emblem on his tunic!

I thought that Ben might make use of a blaster and a saber, just like Luke in ESB. I also thought that even though his father is the Grand Master of the NJO, Ben might have a humble nature, hence the Tattooine style leg wraps...

WB Out!!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #578 on: June 25, 2012, 10:43:28 AM »
Both of these new figs are cool, but especially diggin' the blue suit pilot. He needs a wingman!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #579 on: June 25, 2012, 12:51:03 PM »
Very nice!  I typically have a hard time getting past the idea of River Phoenix when that young Indy head sculpt is sued, but you made it work pretty nicely here. 

I particularly like the robe coloring here: enough color variation to make it interesting, but still quite subdued...a nice touch.

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #580 on: June 25, 2012, 06:13:50 PM »
Ben is becoming a character to watch out for in the novels.  With parents Luke Skywalker - Jedi Grand Master and Mara Jade Skywalker - Former Emperor's Hand and cousin Jacen Solo - Darth Cadeus, how can you not be a very complex person.  I like the idea of doing a custom of him now.  Nicely done.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #581 on: June 25, 2012, 06:49:34 PM »
Ray both of these customs are super well done. I really love that Pilot in blue! Great parts choices with just enough SW bits to make it work. That color blue is beautiful, what brand and color is that? Ben is awesome as well, love the emblem on his tunic.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #582 on: June 25, 2012, 10:50:51 PM »
wow, exciting stuff, well done!! I am with Luke and especially love the pilot :)

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #583 on: June 26, 2012, 02:19:50 AM »
Day three and time to unleash my third custom! But first off, cheers yet again for the nice words you left!

@DO - wingman? I'm going to build his bird first! And I'll be using a lot of the parts you gave me!!

@JM - thanks re Ben, I find it a challenge to make Jedi characters interesting to paint - too much brown and cream!

@Mungo - cheers matey  - hope that you like the finished figure!

@Chewie - thank you - looks like JM has pulled off some awesome blue pilots too!

@JMinstrel - thanks for the info buddy - I plan to do a Mara and older Luke too!

@ Tamer - cheers as always Shawn! I produced the helmet decals myself as per the ones on your 'Polish' Driver

@Art - thank you! I wanted to capture a SW feel but slightly different with the pilot!

@LE the paint is Vallejo (sp?) Ultramarine Blue, with a dark MIG wash and then a lightened version of the same blue drybrushed on the top!

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
Re: Vacation Custom 3 - SOTE Lando in Imperial Guard Armour
« Reply #584 on: June 26, 2012, 02:23:26 AM »

A lot of you already know that I'm a HUGE Shadows Of The Empire fan. Well back in the day when Kenner produced the rather limited line of figures I was always gutted that Lando got stiffed - I mean Xizor got two figures and even the naff POTF2 Leia Boussh got rereleased for the line!!

Well here's my apology to ole LC. Here is my Lando in Coruscant Guard Armour. I used the same approach as my earlier SOTE Luke.

Hope you enjoyed him...

WB Out!!