Author Topic: Clonehead's custom figures #2  (Read 111514 times)

Offline darknsour

• Captain
Re: Clonehead's custom figures #2
« Reply #405 on: February 15, 2011, 04:43:58 AM »
Those look amazing together!!

Hell they look amazing apart!!

If this was a set from Hasbro it would be thier biggest seller!!!

Great work Clint!! Tamer you are one lucky dude for having this set!!!

Rich

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #406 on: February 15, 2011, 04:52:09 AM »
pure dope!!
those troopers are amazing, mind blowing, exceptional.... I love the  paint jobs and camos, they are just wonderful.

Offline artilarytrooper321

• Commander
  • take that techno-union ship down men
« Reply #407 on: February 15, 2011, 05:12:42 AM »
awesome

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #408 on: February 15, 2011, 05:53:23 AM »
He is sure a master of all things customs in my opinion!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #409 on: February 15, 2011, 06:15:43 AM »
Shawn, what am I going to do with you? Can you give us an idea of how long ago each one of those figures was made? I know that the gm gunner fig was some years ago. It's nice to see them on display like that with fiala's figure. I'm going to have to get moving on this current figure as you are deserving of a good tease.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #410 on: February 15, 2011, 06:19:44 AM »
Wow, I know that Galactic Marine Mod was some years ago and the first custom I got from you. Boy was I tickled that day too. I want to say that was four or five years ago?

Then, we started this place up about three years ago and that is when I got the great Driver.

Then, you messed up and made a snow camo mando and I had to have one of those too. I want to say that was two years ago. Wow, the more I think on it I might be able to add one more year to all of those. It has been awhile!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #411 on: February 15, 2011, 03:58:53 PM »
Well I need to double my efforts to make this current one really worth while so it can warrant a spot in your display area.

I have been filling orders all day so I didn't get much time to work on this one today but I did manage to fill the screw holes on his legs and get some more of the base coat of paint on the body. I made an effort to widen out the union of the joints at the knees, shoulders, and elbows to help with the paint rub factor while posing this figure after painting.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #412 on: February 15, 2011, 05:40:50 PM »
Oh yeah, looking good Clint and all it would need to get a prime spot in my collection is simply knowing you made it my friend.  We have sure been through some interesting years. I can't wait to see what the next few bring. Besides, I am always gonna be harassing you for some custom or another. Its half the fun!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #413 on: February 16, 2011, 10:02:26 AM »
these are stunning masterpieces Clint
the camo is phenomanel
Shawn my friend, you're a lucky man

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #414 on: February 16, 2011, 10:12:03 AM »
these are stunning masterpieces Clint
the camo is phenomanel
Shawn my friend, you're a lucky man

I pinch myself every day!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #415 on: February 16, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »
how did you widen the unions?  Sand paper or with an exacto to trim the edges?  that is a technique that I have yet to master and my paint work would probably benifit from it greatly....

filling the holes of the screws in the legs is a debate I always come to when working on a figure, on one hand having them filled makes it look more professional... but on the other if I ever go back and work on the figure again, or need to change something mid-build then I am stuck with those parts permenantly...
of course on this project you are technically stuck with those parts anyway, you know that your going to use them, and your not going to work on this figure again after you finish it... so it only makes sense to take that next step and fill in the holes!

I'm excited to see this coming together.  I can't wait to see that kama that you make for it and the cammo you put onto it.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #416 on: February 16, 2011, 12:39:53 PM »
how did you widen the unions?  Sand paper or with an exacto to trim the edges?  that is a technique that I have yet to master and my paint work would probably benifit from it greatly....

filling the holes of the screws in the legs is a debate I always come to when working on a figure, on one hand having them filled makes it look more professional... but on the other if I ever go back and work on the figure again, or need to change something mid-build then I am stuck with those parts permenantly...
of course on this project you are technically stuck with those parts anyway, you know that your going to use them, and your not going to work on this figure again after you finish it... so it only makes sense to take that next step and fill in the holes!

I'm excited to see this coming together.  I can't wait to see that kama that you make for it and the cammo you put onto it.
I used the x-acto to trim the edges and widen the part of the arm or leg piece that swallows the joint during regular motion. Then, to make the paint stick a bit better the mechanical part of the joint that gets swallowed, I cut some shallow slits in the plastic prior to painting. I still need to trouble shoot this action to see if it worked but today, I have been working to get the base tan color applied to the rest of the armor. I had debated about cobbling together some plates to put onto the front of his upper legs and may still do that. I guess after I get this base coat down, I will start on making the kama and putting those detail lines down where they are needed to the armor. I'll try to get a pic up later.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #417 on: March 02, 2011, 03:21:18 AM »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #418 on: March 02, 2011, 06:35:21 AM »
That really is a top honor, daddy! I am humbled and proud to be featured on your site.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #419 on: March 02, 2011, 01:43:03 PM »
We have that up on the fp too. Nice work Clonehead and Darth Daddy!