Author Topic: Clonehead's custom figures #2  (Read 111416 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's custom figures #2
« Reply #375 on: February 10, 2011, 09:44:30 AM »
Tamer, you read my mind about the kama. I will have to figure out a way to keep it from restricting the super arty legs of Spuda's modified snow trooper, though.
  Spud, Is that belt glued into place or can I just slice it to remove the soft goods kama?

I  will do my best with the paint, buddy. I'm thinking that the armored parts will get the camo and the under garments will get a darker off color. some kind of olive perhaps. We will just have to see how the colors go together.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #376 on: February 10, 2011, 10:00:38 AM »
Sounds like a heck of an idea on all parts to me. I love how your last TCW paint job turned out too. Man, that helmet turned out great. I remember when we thought it wouldn't look very good and then Psyclone worked his one figure in and then you gave it another looked and it turned out great. I would be cool to see someone with a full size costume that had a vizor this way.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #377 on: February 10, 2011, 10:05:24 AM »
Sounds like a heck of an idea on all parts to me. I love how your last TCW paint job turned out too. Man, that helmet turned out great. I remember when we thought it wouldn't look very good and then Psyclone worked his one figure in and then you gave it another looked and it turned out great. I would be cool to see someone with a full size costume that had a vizor this way.
I'll bet that you would proudly wear one of those, wouldn't you buddy? Got some running to do now but perhaps I can get a little paint on this figure this afternoon. It's the pattern of camo on that CW figure that is to inspire the paint on this figure. Not the colors but the pattern.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #378 on: February 10, 2011, 10:07:29 AM »
I was hoping you would say that about the paint job. That last camo ap was nice.

Offline darknsour

• Captain
« Reply #379 on: February 10, 2011, 11:41:58 AM »
Hey Clint;

This next project you have comming up looks cool!!

Do you sell that custom helmet and if so what is it called so I might order a few.

Does it come nubbed and hollow??

Thanks
Rich

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #380 on: February 10, 2011, 11:57:37 AM »
Hey Clint;

This next project you have comming up looks cool!!

Do you sell that custom helmet and if so what is it called so I might order a few.

Does it come nubbed and hollow??

Thanks
Rich
that one is hollow, Rich. That's the modified hollow saga atat driver helmet with visor and counts as two
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:20:06 PM by Clonehead »

Offline darknsour

• Captain
« Reply #381 on: February 10, 2011, 11:59:36 AM »
Thanks!!!

Stand by for a order real soon!!!!

Thanks
Rich

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #382 on: February 10, 2011, 12:28:21 PM »
Tamer, you read my mind about the kama. I will have to figure out a way to keep it from restricting the super arty legs of Spuda's modified snow trooper, though.
  Spud, Is that belt glued into place or can I just slice it to remove the soft goods kama?

I  will do my best with the paint, buddy. I'm thinking that the armored parts will get the camo and the under garments will get a darker off color. some kind of olive perhaps. We will just have to see how the colors go together.

to be honest I think I glued it in place....  I believe that cod piece is also glued in place. :/  I didn't realy build it expecting you to re-paint it.
If you wanted to... I could make you a second version and then NOT put it 100% together so that you have the parts to re-paint, I'm sure we could work out a fair deal for it. 

if you want to try and tackle taking that one apart then I would suggest to just cut through the belt and peel it off slowly...  you'll wind up ruining the belt but I'm sure you could find a replacement.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #383 on: February 10, 2011, 02:23:03 PM »
Rodger that. I will see if I can get it off there. I would take you up on your offer but am ready to get to it. yeah, I seen the cod piece was glued on and think alot of it might get covered anyway by this new multiple ammo pouch that will wrap around his front.

We will see how it goes.

Rich, understood buddy. Just let me know.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #384 on: February 10, 2011, 02:26:13 PM »
if your re-painting it anyway then pulling off the belt and cod-piece shouldn't matter, after all the only thing it will damage SHOULD be the paint.  You will probably wnat to lightly sand any areas of super glue that are left there... and you may have to use an exacto to cut off the soft goods kama as I used super glue to secure it as well.

good luck, let me know if you hit any huge snags.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #385 on: February 10, 2011, 06:40:47 PM »
Incredible work clint!

Offline artilarytrooper321

• Commander
  • take that techno-union ship down men
« Reply #386 on: February 11, 2011, 05:06:31 AM »
looks great

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #387 on: February 11, 2011, 07:35:54 AM »
Thanks dudes. A quick little update:
I managed to make a slice on the belt to remove it and took off the soft goods kama and the cod piece. I had to x-acto some of the glue off of the belt and the codpiece and belt and will get em back on later along with a paper meche kama like I used on the arc arf figure. "need to get to making that piece"

I shaved off some of the seam lines on the legs and might fill the screw holes with resin. I did some test painting trying to decide which colors to use for a base coat. I am kind of trying to use a color scheme like the us soldiers are seen wearing during desert storm and have decided to use this pair of camo pants as a guide for pattern and color. On his armor, i have tested three different colors of tan. On his forearm armor, I used a model master light tan which I thought was too warm and wasn't very user friendly as far as how it adhered to the plastic. on his chest armor, I have used a pactra dark tan which is too dark for the base coat but could work for one of the accent colors in his camo. one his shoulderpad, I have used a lightened version of the same color which i mixed with a testors acryl flat white. I believe that this is the color that I will use as the base color of his camo armor. It is a bit darker than the light color on the pants but we will make it work. On the underlayer of his arm, I have used a model master olive drab and then kind of softened the transition from it to the tan by liberally drybrushing the lighter tan color over it. I kind of like how in desert storm alot of the troops had olive drab belts and gear equipped with their desert camo fatigues and although it is kind of a weird mix, it worked visually so I am going to kind of emulate that same color scheme on this figure rather than make his undergarments a brown like I have in the past.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #388 on: February 11, 2011, 08:16:08 AM »

This is the second snow mando that I did which is just a repaint of a non arty jango figure but has a paper meche cape and a custom extra mixed helmet. He is also guarding that mixed snow gunner helmet that I made for another figure ...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
look at the cape, the camo - oh i so live this, again an outstanding job!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #389 on: February 11, 2011, 08:22:55 AM »
As I happen to be a DesertStorm Veteran I think your camo and color choices are perfect.