Author Topic: Clonehead's custom figures #2  (Read 111426 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: Clonehead's custom figures #2
« Reply #360 on: February 09, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »
Clint this custom is really great. And the HangarBay'd image is just icing on the cake. Now all we need is an image created by Stefan.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #361 on: February 09, 2011, 06:29:44 PM »
All I can say Clint is that that ARF is rockin' and Jules work makes him look even more rock on!  Thats why you guys are the masters!!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #362 on: February 09, 2011, 06:34:13 PM »
Clint, this is one of your best figures to date.  Absolutely phenomenal.  I love the camo and your skill at highlighting the sculpted features of the accessories and features always amazes me.

The HB image is great as well!

I couldn't help but eye that figure laying down in the background of your shots.... it sure does look familiar ;)

Offline von reinhardt

• Evilive
  • Commander
    • bountyhunterreinhard
« Reply #363 on: February 09, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »
This is sick! very nice, i love the image as well....great job.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #364 on: February 09, 2011, 08:48:47 PM »
Thank you all so much, kind shipyarders. I really appreciate your praise. Thank you, Jay. You are the CW figure king in my opinion and I always marvel at your work.

yes Tom, an image from Stephan would be cool.

Devin, are you serious? How can I have taken 6 months off from working on custom figures and come back to turn out two of the best ones yet? That's just weird. Thanks, buddy.

That figure in the background isnt the one that you sent me but is a legacy atat driver which I had originally planned on making the base for my next figure. Interesting you should think that though as you will see in a couple more posts.

As promised, I took a few more shots of the "Sgt Shady" figure

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #365 on: February 09, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »
Now I will show some shots saying goodbye to a figure that I made for Tamer some time ago.
This is the second snow mando that I did which is just a repaint of a non arty jango figure but has a paper meche cape and a custom extra mixed helmet. He is also guarding that mixed snow gunner helmet that I made for another figure that I made for tamer and fixed the antenna for him a couple of weeks back. I will ship these out tomorrow, Shawn but will hold onto the snow camo veers to pose with the other gunner figure when I finish it.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #366 on: February 09, 2011, 09:03:57 PM »
Mike, here is a few more shots of that cape. There should be some production shots of it in my 1st custom figures thread.

Now in that last shot, Devin, I have opted to re customize that super arty snowtrooper figure that you sent me starting off by using the now somewhat common hollow saga atat driver helmet with the rots visor casting. A design that I originally seen Psyclone use on a cool looking figure.  My plan is to give this guy a cool paint job and some other alterations and then come up with a killer mounted gun for him to operate, say from the lowered side of the new bmf atat walker..............

By doing this, I am initiating the first move in my favorite game that I like to call "Tease the Tamer"

"We all know how Tamer loves anything to do with atat drivers or snowtroopers" By the time I get done with this figure, I plan to make poor Tamer loose sleep over the whole thing. "tee hee"
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:05:35 PM by Clonehead »

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #367 on: February 09, 2011, 09:14:06 PM »
WOW !!!!!!! after seeing that my blood pressure pills are now useless that is epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #368 on: February 09, 2011, 09:19:29 PM »
heck yeah!  I'm excited to see the results of this project.  I know your probably not used to painting the joe style hip joints so be careful of paint rubbing around the joint... you may need to take the legs apart (using the screw in the thigh) and then sand down the top of the thigh that fits into the waist's sockets...  I don't know how much paint your going to add but if you add more than a layer or so you'll start getting rubbing issues in that area.

ya know what... I might just get in on this game as well.  If your doing a "camo" version of an AT-AT gunner then I think I might throw together a standard snow-deco side gunner.  I have the same parts for making that visored at-at driver helmet and I believe I also have the perfect gun for making a side-mounted big-at-at gunner's post.... 
HMM.... I've been dying to customize my B-at-at too so maybe this will get me started on that project!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #369 on: February 09, 2011, 10:00:39 PM »
heck yeah!  I'm excited to see the results of this project.  I know your probably not used to painting the joe style hip joints so be careful of paint rubbing around the joint... you may need to take the legs apart (using the screw in the thigh) and then sand down the top of the thigh that fits into the waist's sockets...  I don't know how much paint your going to add but if you add more than a layer or so you'll start getting rubbing issues in that area.

ya know what... I might just get in on this game as well.  If your doing a "camo" version of an AT-AT gunner then I think I might throw together a standard snow-deco side gunner.  I have the same parts for making that visored at-at driver helmet and I believe I also have the perfect gun for making a side-mounted big-at-at gunner's post.... 
HMM.... I've been dying to customize my B-at-at too so maybe this will get me started on that project!
Thanks for the tips on the joe hip joints. I may have to sand down a bit as you say. I like your idea of doing a similar version of the same figure at the same time but doubt that I could keep up with your breakneck pace. "you know how slow I am doing up figures" My plan is to do this figure in a desert camo scheme using a pattern like the one I used for that cw "shady" gray camo clone and while his gun mount is meant to place on the platform of the lowered side of a bmf atat walker. I am planning on building a tripod mounted gun that could be placed else where as well.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #370 on: February 09, 2011, 10:30:47 PM »
all of this sounds very promising...   You might not be able to keep up with my pace but mine probably wouldn't hold a candle to your paint apps!  The time and quality work you put into your customs always shows in the end... something I should probably work harder on!

either way, I can't wait to see something that I put together get the expert treatment from your paintbrush!

Offline artilarytrooper321

• Commander
  • take that techno-union ship down men
« Reply #371 on: February 10, 2011, 04:54:26 AM »
HHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

holy crap

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #372 on: February 10, 2011, 05:45:03 AM »
haven't been online in a few days to see your progress: Sgt. Shady looks awesome!  Such great work on the accessories for these AT-AT drivers; those capes & cloaks are just one of the reasons why your threads are always a stopping point for me! 

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #373 on: February 10, 2011, 08:19:17 AM »
OH YEAH!

Looks good to me!

After your last kama and that great trim, I am wondering what one of those would look like rather than the soft good version that came with the snowtrooper, but the softs goods ain't bad either.

I am telling you that cape with hood for the Snow Mando is just great too. Wow, I am starting to get excited. Nice work Clint. Ofcourse I couldn't keep this off the front page.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:38:34 AM by Tamer »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #374 on: February 10, 2011, 08:31:41 AM »
Oh yea, that AT-AT GUNNER IS LOOKING AWESOME!