Author Topic: Clonehead's custom figures #2  (Read 111502 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's custom figures #2
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2011, 07:55:25 PM »
Looking awesome Clint! That kama is something! I am shocked how good the styrene bent at the bottom, it looks great! How easy was it to apply and what glue did you use? This is shaping up soooooo nicely!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2011, 09:20:32 PM »
Looking awesome Clint! That kama is something! I am shocked how good the styrene bent at the bottom, it looks great! How easy was it to apply and what glue did you use? This is shaping up soooooo nicely!
Well, it was a semi tedious task but like you, I was surprised by how easy that styrene was to manipulate. I would cut one end of the strip to the right angle if necessary "like in the front at the top where it met the stock belt at an angle" then with a bit of super glue, I would glue that starting point in place keeping the closer remaining length at a close angle where it would need to be fixed when I got to that point. I would work in about 1/4 inch increments tacking a small area, curing it with accelerator, and moving the next length into place and tacking again. It was kind of like spot welding a piece of weldment. I would have a small puddle of superglue and a small puddle of accelerator on the work bench and had a scrap of resin flash for each medium handy. As I held the section of length in place with my fingers, I would apply a fraction of a drop of glue to bond both the styrene and the edge of the kama and then I would dab a bit of the accelerator to the same area. When one tack was cured, i could bend the next loose length of styrene to conform to the kama edge shape and then tack again. Once I got to the end of each run, I would trim and test fit the dead ends of styrene and then glue and accelerate into place. I had always done this in the past with strips of typing paper but felt that the styrene would offer a more uniform width and poke out a bit more for a bit more of a presence.

mate he is looking awesome!   can i make one observation   (please dont kill me !)  is that i think the kama is a touch too long,usually its no lower than the knees  (unless that's what your going for mate  ,then its all good  :)  )
Thanks Jay, you are right that this one is too long to be a standard arc kama. I had meant to mention when I was trimming this to length that I meant to leave it longer and like Jedimerc said, I was probably intending to make it look like the bottom of just the infantry long coat that some of the ww2 German soldiers wore. I did do alot of armor modeling in the past and it was their uniforms that I most admired. Kind of a cross in between that and the long tails of a trench coat or duster. I thought that the longer length might look better with the long sandtrooper rifle that I intend to equip him with.  I do plan on doing a more traditional cw arc figure in the future and will leave that figure's kama short like it should be. I will probably use a Rex fig as the base and leave his stock kama just to repaint.

Great kama work, Clint!  Definitely a nice looking figure you have going on here!
Hey Pat, I haven't seen you in this thread for a while. did you catch the RC figure that I finished a few pages back?

WOW!!!

The Kama looks Great!!!

The color, the trim is AMAZING!!!

I can't wait to see what is next for this camo guy!!!

Great work!!!

Rich
TY rich, I am getting closer to wrapping this one up, buddy.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I have finished applying the trim to the kama and will shoot some update pics after I paint up the trim. After that, I will paint and install his holsters and pistols.

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2011, 09:46:26 PM »
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #303 on: February 03, 2011, 10:02:02 PM »
Gotta wait till tomorrow, Mike. I am going to hit the sack. First thing tomorrow, I am going to test drive my new molds and then, it's back to work on this guy.

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #304 on: February 03, 2011, 10:19:39 PM »
That camo job is efen great with all the add ons this is gonna be one bad ass mofo!!!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2011, 08:16:46 AM »
I am not into TCW figures much, bow the details on this are really wowing me. On the front page, I couldn't wait until the final shots.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2011, 11:30:17 AM »
thanks guys. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, I would have waited Shawn but as I have more orders to fill and the weekend is here, I may not finish this guy till next week. Anyways, I have a slight update. I did finish that tedious trim work to his kama and painted the trim that same light ghost grey color which was the body base color and the color on his utility belt. I now need to touch up the kama where it meets the trim and at all of the glue points where the kama meets his utility belt. After that, It will be time for the two resin pistol holsters to go on.

It's getting closer.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #307 on: February 04, 2011, 11:33:18 AM »
 :o  :o  :o this guy rocks!!! excellent outfit and camo - whoohoo, you are the man !!

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #308 on: February 04, 2011, 11:42:09 AM »
Amazing clint, great work!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #309 on: February 04, 2011, 11:55:23 AM »
mate  once again you prove to us  why you are a master customiser
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #310 on: February 04, 2011, 12:27:20 PM »
This is really starting to turn into a trip into the amazing Clint. That double shoulder pauldron really works on this figure.

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
« Reply #311 on: February 04, 2011, 01:01:16 PM »
great clint
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #312 on: February 04, 2011, 01:22:41 PM »
the master we bow too !! I'm making no sense cause I'm high on this custom

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #313 on: February 04, 2011, 02:47:52 PM »
It's a work of art!