Author Topic: Clonehead's custom figures #2  (Read 111408 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Clonehead's custom figures #2
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »
Well Clint I can see you made the right choice for a gun for this guy. Mounting that launcher below the rail gun is brilliant. Awesome firepower for an awesome custom. This one ranks right up there at the top. I will say top 3. I don't know that you ever will beat that Fox you made. Still shaking my head over that one.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2011, 05:05:52 PM »
Clint I would hate to be a droid going up against this fellow. That gun adds so much more intimidation to the RC. Great job.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2011, 05:14:45 PM »
Clint, it's Gundam meets StarWars. Awesome application of parts and the paintwork is simply perfect! I always love the way you put your customs together...

Offline jediwolf69

• The Lost 513th
  • Captain
  • the force well be with you always!
« Reply #183 on: January 17, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »
WOW!!! Really cool dude, I like the hi res pic with the helmet on. Looks like his ready to rock 'n' roll.

JW

try not, do or do not, there is no try.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2011, 07:08:40 PM »
Well Clint I can see you made the right choice for a gun for this guy. Mounting that launcher below the rail gun is brilliant. Awesome firepower for an awesome custom. This one ranks right up there at the top. I will say top 3. I don't know that you ever will beat that Fox you made. Still shaking my head over that one.
top three, really? The other two would be Fox and the camo atat driver, I would imagine. I am having a ball with this one,, that's for sure. Thanks for your praise, buddy. you know that to me, your opinion is important. Wait till I do another atat driver...............that one is going to have your name on it.

Clint I would hate to be a droid going up against this fellow. That gun adds so much more intimidation to the RC. Great job.
thanks alot buddy. I am glad you like him.

Clint, it's Gundam meets StarWars. Awesome application of parts and the paintwork is simply perfect! I always love the way you put your customs together...
Praise from the master, your opinion I hold in high regards indeed, Jules. Sorry this one took so long.

WOW!!! Really cool dude, I like the hi res pic with the helmet on. Looks like his ready to rock 'n' roll.

JW
Thank you Wolf! It's Sprywalker who eggs me to post the high res stuff from time to time. rock and roll is right. I want it too look like this guy can lay down the law.

Offline gwest

• Lieutenant
« Reply #185 on: January 17, 2011, 07:22:15 PM »
Your work is just incredible, but that gun you created CHANGES the the definition of "AWESOME" !!!

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #186 on: January 17, 2011, 07:54:09 PM »
wow..im speechless

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #187 on: January 17, 2011, 08:01:51 PM »
Awesome clone.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2011, 08:09:44 PM »
haha yea you know I love those crispy pics! I forgot to comment on how bad ass that gun is. You really pulled it together at the end with parts that would logically do the job. The paint work is very nice on it as well.

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2011, 09:50:47 AM »
Awesome"RC"

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #190 on: January 18, 2011, 12:40:33 PM »
....  ;D love it

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #191 on: January 18, 2011, 01:55:38 PM »
Thanks again for your wonderful comments. I am searching for the componants to the final greeblies to add to the mini gun but haven't had any luck finding exactly what I am looking for today.

Been filling some parts orders but I did find the time to tackle one little project that I had been putting off.
  Years ago, I made this snow camo gunner clone figure for Tamer that had a mixed resin helmet that had the front half of a galactic marine's helmet and the back half of a jango Fett's.  "how many years ago was that, Shawn?" Well Shawn had an accident and broke the rangefinder off of the helmet and sent it back to me for repairs.

Using a 1mm drill bit, I used my pin vise to bore receiving holes in both the rangefinder part and the base for it molded onto the helmet. I then chose some fine craft wire and cut a length to superglue into the rangefinder's new receiving hole. After trimming the length and test-fitting some, I superglued the other end into the receiving hole in the rangefinder's mount on the helmet. A little touch up painting was preformed "not pictured" and the helmet was as good as new.

What i find interesting about this little chore is that upon close inspection of the helmet, I was blown away by my perception of what I thought passed for a good paint app and casting then compared to now. My standards for my own work have really changed since then and the casts are certainly cleaner as are the paint apps. I struggled with myself not to repaint the entire helmet but figured if I did that it would not match the paint apps on the figure's body which resides at Tamer's house. "I couldn't resist reshaping the rangefinder a little bit and touch up painting around the mount a little bit after I took these pics"

I think it would be interesting to do another version of this figure with the original custom as the guide just to see how much differently the new one would turn out.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2011, 02:15:23 PM »
Oh yeah, looks great Clint. That is gonna be killer when I get it back on his head. I still have ole painless to go with him too. I could send you the figure back and see what your newer version would look like, but I still like this figure a good bit no matter how much you have improved my friend.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #193 on: January 18, 2011, 02:20:55 PM »
I definitely see what you are talking about.  The paint here is noway as clear and crisp as your recent figure.  It would be very interesting if after you had done your second version you could photo both side by side. 

On another note, I need to get me some of those drill bits!!

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #194 on: January 18, 2011, 02:27:05 PM »
whooa that looks really cool clint!