Author Topic: Clonehead's custom figures #2  (Read 111528 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's custom figures #2
« Reply #735 on: March 08, 2013, 06:52:42 PM »
Clint that is a good looking helmet. You may add one of your foil treatments huh? I am thinking the copperish color one you used before may look better than the silver in this case. The silver could be good too though, hmmm...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #736 on: March 08, 2013, 07:34:06 PM »
Thanks guys!
Copper,you say? I may just have to go digging for that stuff. I had considered that one.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #737 on: March 09, 2013, 05:20:30 AM »
This continues to look better and better each time I see a "piece of the puzzle" added.  I already love the color scheme you chose for the fem-mando and the addition of the roto-visor looks good.  Can't wait to see this all put together and posed!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Bubba Fett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #738 on: March 09, 2013, 06:15:47 AM »
Clint, I wish I lived closer so I could watch the pro work...amazing stuff!

Offline Helix88

• Lieutenant
« Reply #739 on: March 10, 2013, 12:45:06 AM »
amazing work as usual, a shame the visor isn't articulated though, but great execution on what you did all the same ;D

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #740 on: March 10, 2013, 04:52:38 AM »
amazing work as usual, a shame the visor isn't articulated though, but great execution on what you did all the same ;D
i have done that before but  thought the mechanics of it would look bulky for this build and decided not to.

Thanks a lot fellers, still looking for the copper foil.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #741 on: March 14, 2013, 12:31:08 AM »
Found the copper foil but had other stuff to do first.
First off is a delayed commission order for Rich where he had won some Sgt Airborne heads from me on ebay and wanted me to paint em up like the smoking joe head that is back in this thread somewhere. While I had told him that I was too busy order wise for  commission job, Rich is my friend and he talked me into it. Naturally, I was busy with other orders at the time and proceded to get just swamped for the next two weeks or more. Anyways, I finally got caught up enough to get this chore done and since I am so late, I threw in a 6th head to go with his 5.

three different eye colors. Blue, Green, and dark brown. I did pick up some citadel paint for the first time but have only used it for two of the eye colors here. LE, I have certainly decided that the trick to using the valejo paint is pre coating the part or figure with that companies matt varnish prior to painting. That seems to make all the difference.

Not quite done but close, a little touch up here and there, the rest of their neutral grey color and a couple of coats of varnish...........
Are we looking ok, Rich? Do you want me to ship em today or do you want to wait for a cigar?

OK, since I had the paints out, I worked on wrapping up the paintwork on Tamer's re-sized GM/Fett mixed helmet. Thing about this paintjob was, I was allowed to be neat but not only had to emulated the paint patterns that I had painted on the original helmet 5 years ago, but match the colors as well. Tamer, you know that this camo pattern wouldnt fly by today's standards but I had to match the pattern that is on the figure in Shawn's possession over in West Virginia. I mounted the helmet on a large headed TAC Biggs for these shots and the last of the paintwork.
Once again, some touch ups and a couple of coats of the matt varnish are needed. The varnish, will dull down the sheen, seal the paint, and take the coarseness out of the brush strokes.

All this took about 5 1/2 hours worth of painting.  So much funner than casting. More satisfying anyways.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #742 on: March 14, 2013, 02:59:00 AM »
Hey, my helmet is fixed. Cool deal. Time to get this up on the fp too.

Offline darknsour

• Captain
« Reply #743 on: March 14, 2013, 03:30:27 AM »
Hey Clint;

They look AMAZING!!! They are well worth the wait!!!! I could wait for a Cigar!!!

Thanks alot for doing this for me, it will be an honor to have some of your art work on my customs!!!

Thanks alot I know you are super busy and you still pulled off a great work !!!!

Thanks again,
Rich

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #744 on: March 14, 2013, 04:12:44 AM »
Clint ,quick question mate ,what do you use for your skin tone ?.
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #745 on: March 14, 2013, 06:12:59 AM »
It's Vallejo flesh with a touch of off white mixed in, Jay.
Cool deal, Rich. A cigar it is, then.

Thanks Shawn! I will get that ole painless gun made for that guy and get these back into your hands.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #746 on: March 18, 2013, 05:12:24 AM »
Great update Clint and thanks for that info on the paint. I only use the 4 bottles of Valejho for dioramas or weathering. I simply don't like the consistency of the paint, even after I thin it a bit. It doesn't flow as well as model masters in my opinion. I will be sticking with MM paints and may try a bottle of Polyscale next. Dayton loves that brand and Chad just tried some and loves it.

Offline The Willoughbian

• Lieutenant
« Reply #747 on: March 18, 2013, 08:41:27 PM »
I'm tripping out on that movable range finder.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #748 on: March 18, 2013, 09:21:15 PM »
Great update Clint and thanks for that info on the paint. I only use the 4 bottles of Valejho for dioramas or weathering. I simply don't like the consistency of the paint, even after I thin it a bit. It doesn't flow as well as model masters in my opinion. I will be sticking with MM paints and may try a bottle of Polyscale next. Dayton loves that brand and Chad just tried some and loves it.
Pollyscale as in, polly s? I have loved that brand for years and seem to remember it being owned by floquil. I have a hard time finding it any more. The only shop i know of that carries it is going on 45 min+ away and their selection is lackluster at best.

I'm tripping out on that movable range finder.
dont trip out, I have been doing those for years, my friend.

Yes, I know, I need to make some kind of update. Tomorrow, hopefully. Been filling orders and, no, the real job didn't pan out yet.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #749 on: March 20, 2013, 06:53:38 PM »
Here are some shots of Rich's Completed order which I shipped out today. He wanted a smoker so the guy on the bottom right got a stogie.

Oh, correction on the flesh color I was using, Jay. It was the dark flesh by vallejo with a touch of the off white to lighten it up a bit.