Author Topic: Clonehead's custom figures #2  (Read 111504 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's custom figures #2
« Reply #690 on: February 10, 2013, 07:17:42 PM »
If anything, the colors remind me of that Bastila Shan figure from TVC, but the yellow-orange is a bit more dulled and gritty on yours, so that's infinitely better, IMO.
I agree as I was reminded of Shan as well. My plan is to use an off color for her belt and holster to hopefully make things look a bit different.

I agree with you also, jm, as I like the right side plate paint apps as well and will head in that direction.
  Busy day today, Had the grand babies birthday party, family night for a funeral, and I have about 45+ ebay items to ship tomorrow. Funeral is tomorrow, well, actually two funerals tomorrow, "her aunt and my great aunt" a post office trip, and I would love to go on a joe hunt but I dont know where the time will come from.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #691 on: February 11, 2013, 06:40:48 AM »
Been away for the weekend so just catching up. Some great looking work here buddy, love that Firefly head and stogie.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #692 on: February 11, 2013, 07:05:33 AM »
Been away for the weekend so just catching up. Some great looking work here buddy, love that Firefly head and stogie.

was wondering where you had gotten to , LE. That is actually a sgt airborne head. I cant wait to get more painting done on that guy.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #693 on: February 13, 2013, 11:25:56 PM »
Yes, I am slow making progress here but sitting in a dentist's chair for 2.5 hours today didnt help my motivation any.
  I decided that tonight I wanted to try to fit one of those back armor pieces onto the latest femando body.
shots 1-4 show me test fitting where for the most part, I heated the top straps to move them as close as possible to match the ones coming from the front armor piece.

I will have to remember next time to move those front straps so that they are evenly spaced and more user friendly with the back straps.
  Now came time to sculpt over the gaps in between the two pieces and kind of force the transition of the straps from front to back. As I had told Spry before, I work with resin so much that I might as well use it to sculpt with, at least for something like this. Shot 5 shows some fresh resin spread along the areas to sculpt with a knife. Shot 6 shows the area after the resin somewhat cured and I had worked on it with a hobby knife.

Next, I did some painting to cover up our patch, worked more of that dark weathered rust color for her armor, and painted her barrel of fun party belt, leg mounted knife, and leg straps with the german green grey color. I like how it looked and went ahead and carried it up to her shoulder straps. I think when we get the holster on her in the same color, it might help detract from that Bastilla Shan feeling about her color scheme. Now, some touch ups are still needed as always and I haven't even broke out that yellow color again as of yet. The shot of the painted back looks a bit rough but there is time to pretty it up. I stuck her head back on with her gauntlet hands for the last shot but the gauntlets still need some paint work and hadnt gotten their darker dirty red treatment or their details painted as of this time. Oh well, I'm getting closer anyways.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #694 on: February 14, 2013, 03:12:41 AM »
Looking good Clint. Off to the front page.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #695 on: February 14, 2013, 06:49:11 AM »
some outstanding work!!  I really like how this figure is turning out !!!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #696 on: February 14, 2013, 06:59:29 AM »
Looking Great!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #697 on: February 14, 2013, 09:42:08 AM »
Clint when you mentioned sculpting with resin I knew if anyone could do it, it would be you. Perfect transition to the straps, I am impressed! This figure is really looking great!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #698 on: February 14, 2013, 12:16:42 PM »
Who frikin' needs Hasbro?

Excellent work!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #699 on: February 14, 2013, 03:47:32 PM »
Thanks a lot, guys for your praise and input. I think she will be alright when I wrap her up. I was thinking of trying a male mando in this resin armored joe style after I finish this one.

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #700 on: February 14, 2013, 10:48:21 PM »
wooow Clint that is fantastic, looks really nice and the paintwork is perfect,  ;D ;D ;D the force is strong in your customs  DH  DH

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #701 on: February 14, 2013, 11:35:01 PM »
I do thank you, sir! I did manage to get some painting time in tonight. first, I brought the almost forgotten imperial storm commando figure closer to completion and lack just an hour or so more painting time on him if I don't add any greeblies. all of those blackish detail lines on his armor will have to be refined. The belly and arm/leg straps will be a darker grey than the armor.
After that, I got the gauntlets done on the femando, touched up her yellow from the thighs up in the front and worked on the back some which is looking better than it did. I am ready to see what she looks like with her holster back on.

I really need to stop zooming in on those shots. You guys can see all of the mistakes. When I do that, the image is actually closer than how I can see it with my contacts out like 5 inches away from my eyes. I will have to experiment and play witih the zoom to try to get it how it looks to me up close when my vision is uncorrected. i am actually shooting whatever seems to be in focus with my phone and then cropping the shots for that close in view. It probably drops the rez a bit but not that much if the focus is tight.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:41:13 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #702 on: February 16, 2013, 03:10:53 AM »
I shifted subject material tonight and got some paint work done on Joe Mercenary "smokin joe to his friends"
Joe is going to get his harness back and a decent backpack, I think. He needs some gunmetal detail painting to his belt and may warrant a camo paint job. I am considering painting some fingerless weight lifter gloves on him as well.

this back shot turned out a bit blurry. My goodness, he is a strapping lad.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #703 on: February 16, 2013, 04:24:00 AM »
smokin Joe looks superb mate
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #704 on: February 16, 2013, 06:56:00 AM »
What can I say Clint I like all your projects. You make good stuff. Back on the front page.