Author Topic: Clonehead's custom figures #2  (Read 111501 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's custom figures #2
« Reply #645 on: January 30, 2013, 04:09:11 AM »
Thanks, Jay. Well, I got the paint to the vizla figure pretty much straightened out but shift my focus now to the scarlett figure. I had this new bandolier part mold cure earlier this morning and curved to to conform to scarlett's waist to serve as her new belt. I glued the cod piece in place and fitted this bandolier to be glued to the codpiece and waist to not hinder the torso swivel joint that much. I curved the belt around to conform with the figure's molded on belt and will probably use that as the rest of the belt for this figure. Scarletts head is dressed up in flash right now anticipating a future molding so, I have put this extra vizla head on her for now.

Oh, I was doing the review for the new firefly figure earlier and for fun popped his extra ski masked head onto the scarlett figure, Now, I have a similar casting of that head and thought it might look cool as an extra head if it had a pony tail poking out from under the back of it. Stealth ops female mando with a ton of explosive fun wrapped around her belly.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #646 on: January 30, 2013, 04:13:55 AM »
Nice, folks are gonna love this. Sorry, not waiting any longer.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #647 on: January 30, 2013, 04:15:21 AM »
Nice, folks are gonna love this. Sorry, not waiting any longer.
"the enjoyment is just a click away" LOL, i love it! Thanks buddy.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #648 on: January 30, 2013, 05:58:24 AM »
This Scarlet figure is looking awesome Clint! I love the bandolier to belt idea, looks really good! This chick is going to rock!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #649 on: January 30, 2013, 07:16:35 AM »
Outstanding work !!!

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #650 on: January 30, 2013, 09:54:49 AM »
Looking good Clonehead!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
« Reply #651 on: January 30, 2013, 06:55:08 PM »
I absolutely loved the first one that you made and I cant wait to see this one completed, excellent job man. :o :o :o

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #652 on: January 31, 2013, 03:41:08 AM »
thanks again, gentlemen! While I had planned on wrapping up the first mando chick tonight, I started painting the cape on that one and then was drawn to this one. Her explosive laden belt was hung a bit crooked so I fixed that. I fitted the neck hole of the Segil Dare "correct my spelling if you wish" head to fit this body. Yes, I know that he is a guy but I still think he looks like a girl so if I get to painting the head and it still looks like a dude, we will find something different. Then, I fitted her gauntlets pretty much the same way as last time retaining the twist joint at the top of the gauntlet.  Man, doing these female mando figures is so much fun!

Next up is a sidearm. I got the pistol cast and cleaned but the holster didn't turn out so I will have to try it again.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #653 on: January 31, 2013, 04:05:43 AM »
Clint you may be onto something turning this guy face into a gal. It will be clearer to me once some paint gets slapped on it. That would sure open up the door for a ton of new female face sculpts which is sorely needed in this hobby.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #654 on: February 01, 2013, 06:21:39 AM »
I agree, Shawn.
Time to put the first female mando figure in  the can.
Here is a shot of the matt varnish that I am using now from vallejo. it seems to cure the paint chip factor while dulling down the sheen fairly well at the same time but doesnt cure paint rub at the joints.

I painted up the cape with a mix of vallejo and testors paints darkening the low areas and lightening the high ones and covered the whole thing with the matt varnish to seal and dull down the shine.

And, for the most part, she is done, finally. There are some touchup areas on the green that I didnt fix yet but am anxious to move on without this one still calling me back.
I thought that she turned out pretty cool and for sure is one of my favorites. These pics are not the best in the world but I can take some more later and will for sure when I get her buddy,  the scarlett figure done.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #655 on: February 01, 2013, 06:29:24 AM »
Man that is a great looking figure! I love the shot where she is looking over her shoulder!

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #656 on: February 01, 2013, 07:00:56 AM »
I'm with you there, LE!  It does look great.  There's something about that blue armor, too...  Nice work Clint!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline The Willoughbian

• Lieutenant
« Reply #657 on: February 01, 2013, 09:44:31 AM »
Looking good. If joint rub is an issue for you, I would suggest giving Model Master Acryl a try. Bonds better than anything I have tried to the softer PVC that is typically used for the arms and lower legs on G.I. Joe figures.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #658 on: February 01, 2013, 11:15:58 AM »
Thank you fellers and Big W, I have some of that paint on hand and may have to pick some more up in the near future. Thanks for your suggestion.

time for a scarlett update.
I got the holster cast for her sidearm and took some time to wallow it out some to make more room for her pistol including cutting  out a notch that would allow her pistol to travel deeper into the holster because of an ammo clip that juts out.
  I went ahead and tacked her rig on for some pics but may remove it to facilitate easier painting of that area and speaking of which, that is what we are ready for now.

I am having a blast with this one.

Offline Cmdr_Vulkus

• Cadet
« Reply #659 on: February 01, 2013, 12:17:13 PM »
Ok how did you get the chest torso onto the body? I have your set of fem mando parts to use, I'm just curious how you added it on. Btw, love your stuff, you're an inspiration bro. Do you have tutorials for your stuff I can look up to gimme pointers?