Author Topic: Clonehead's custom figures #2  (Read 111511 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's custom figures #2
« Reply #630 on: January 26, 2013, 05:16:07 AM »
Yes, it does seem to be going quickly.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #631 on: January 26, 2013, 06:46:21 AM »
Looks good Clint. Your updates are on the front page.

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #632 on: January 26, 2013, 11:21:11 AM »
nice.. I like that green and gray combo you got going here.. by the way the mando girl is looking good.. Nice touch with the air coming out of the helmet..

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #633 on: January 26, 2013, 11:13:43 PM »
nice.. I like that green and gray combo you got going here.. by the way the mando girl is looking good.. Nice touch with the air coming out of the helmet..
why thank you, Drod26! And many thanks to you, Shawn.

Just playing around here, I wanted to show how reactive the storm commando figure's visor is to a black light and then, here is some more stuff I painted up using the same type of paint. The one shot of vader in the dark reminds me of the scene when he comes out of the darkness in the carbonite freeze chamber scene. You should use this stuff with your freeze chamber dio, LE.

LOL, notice how mrs Vizsla looks a lot like a zombie in this shot. That gives me an idea

Ok, back to the workbench to get some more figure work done.

Offline The Willoughbian

• Lieutenant
« Reply #634 on: January 26, 2013, 11:27:09 PM »
Very cool. I have been playing with UV reactive and glow in the dark paints myself. It's neat to see what you have been doing with it. Mostly, I have been trying to get light sabers to glow in the dark.  I was thinking it would be cool to have the saber cast in glow in the dark plastic and then it could be clear coated to be the desired color.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #635 on: January 27, 2013, 08:35:49 AM »
Nice. I bet folks will like hearing more about this paint on the front page.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #636 on: January 27, 2013, 09:14:23 AM »
Brilliant work !!!! I may have to try this technique . Btw i really like  that  vizsla and  the storm commando awesome work

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #637 on: January 27, 2013, 10:28:06 AM »
Brilliant work !!!! I may have to try this technique . Btw i really like  that  vizsla and  the storm commando awesome work
neither are done yet but I do appreciate the praise.

Very cool. I have been playing with UV reactive and glow in the dark paints myself. It's neat to see what you have been doing with it. Mostly, I have been trying to get light sabers to glow in the dark.  I was thinking it would be cool to have the saber cast in glow in the dark plastic and then it could be clear coated to be the desired color.
thanks big W. where dies one aquire liquid glow in the dark plastic? That is a good idea of yours, btw.

Thanks again, Shawn!

Offline The Willoughbian

• Lieutenant
« Reply #638 on: January 27, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »
Brilliant work !!!! I may have to try this technique . Btw i really like  that  vizsla and  the storm commando awesome work
neither are done yet but I do appreciate the praise.

Very cool. I have been playing with UV reactive and glow in the dark paints myself. It's neat to see what you have been doing with it. Mostly, I have been trying to get light sabers to glow in the dark.  I was thinking it would be cool to have the saber cast in glow in the dark plastic and then it could be clear coated to be the desired color.
thanks big W. where dies one aquire liquid glow in the dark plastic? That is a good idea of yours, btw.

Thanks again, Shawn!

I'd have to do some research. I haven't done any casting, so I'm in the dark as to how it works. I still haven't found a glow in the dark paint that I'm happy with, as most of what is available seems to be fabric paint. My guess for glow in the dark plastic would be that one would use a clear resin and add a glow in the dark additive. I'll look around and see what I can find.

Edit: Here's what I could dig up that may be of interest.
Glow in the dark Additive:  For use with Polyester Resin and Epoxy Resin
http://www.tapplastics.com/product/mold_making_materials/casting_products/tap_glow_in_the_dark_pigment_powder/458

UV reactive stuff: For use with Clear Silicone and Urethane
http://www.reynoldsam.com/Urethane-Plastic-a/c5_1119_1261/index.html
http://www.smooth-on.com/Urethane-Plastic-a/c5_1119_1255/index.html

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:28:29 AM by The Willoughbian »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #639 on: January 27, 2013, 05:21:45 PM »
Interesting. Thanks for that info.
Sorry for such a small update. I am filling parts orders today but am almost caught up with what I wanted to get made for one day and may find some time to do some more figure work later.

Here are a couple of shots of the pistol that I chose for the vizsla figure with some detail paint on it. I will need to modify her holster slightly to be able to house this sidearm.

Still looking for a belt for the scarlet figure, I cast up that bandolier from a clone commander pauldron and carved on it a little to place it at her mid section and see how it looks. With some trimming, I could close up the gaps and raise her cod piece slightly.

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #640 on: January 27, 2013, 09:38:10 PM »
wooow amanzing that mandalorian armor,I´m wondering if you can sell me a few of these pieces ? I need  3 armors and at least 6 helments have a nice begin of week  DH DH

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #641 on: January 28, 2013, 01:10:38 AM »
pm sent

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #642 on: January 28, 2013, 05:56:23 AM »
Clint you are the new Mando Armor supplier! Looking awesome man!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #643 on: January 29, 2013, 02:09:50 PM »
Thanks guys, back to the vizla figure. It was time to get that holster reamed out so it could fit that pistol but like a dumb butt, I worked on it while it was still on the figure and boogered up the paint in a couple of areas which I will have to fix. I have the pistol fitting kind of like I want anyways.

I had wanted to find some kind of belt buckle to cover up that cobra symbol that graces the front of her lower belt and I had decided that I wanted something metal and semi shiny to do it. Being as I have stuff like this lying around and am not into car models for a while now. I grabbed this Model Car garage Photo etched aluminum 53-55 1/25th scale Corvette detailing kit to snag something from.   Tell me these model car guys arent nuts messing with small tedious stuff like this. See the car keys? Yes, you can assemble em onto a key chain. I've done it before and it's not fun.

I chose a round SS emblem and cut it off of the sprue with a hobby knife then, with a pair of tweezers, gently directed the emblem to the right spot, oriented the right way, onto a drop of superglue over that cobra symbol. I think it looks ok and anyone without my un corrected super near vision will never know what it really is.

thats all for now. Hold off, Shawn, I mean to work on her some more tonight.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #644 on: January 29, 2013, 02:50:08 PM »
that looks frikken awesome mate !!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms