Author Topic: Clonehead's custom figures #2  (Read 111410 times)

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
Re: Clonehead's custom figures #2
« Reply #540 on: December 27, 2012, 05:52:23 AM »
Looking good. Here is advice! If your ever going to sculpt on a figure use FIXIT. I had a  bad experience ruining figs by sculpting onto them with sculpy. So if your looking to sculpt try to avoid sculpy.
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #541 on: December 27, 2012, 07:12:28 AM »
Great to see you back Clint! Darth Daddy and I were just talking about how much we missed you and your posts! Great start on the female Mando!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #542 on: December 27, 2012, 07:56:22 AM »
Yepper, I couldn't agree more on how nice it is to see Clint back and customizing!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #543 on: December 27, 2012, 11:35:18 AM »
Welcome back, Clint!  Looks like your off to an epic restart!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #544 on: December 27, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
Thanks for your praise everyone! Man, this customizing stuff is fun. I wish I could work on stuff like this everyday.
Looking good. Here is advice! If your ever going to sculpt on a figure use FIXIT. I had a  bad experience ruining figs by sculpting onto them with sculpy. So if your looking to sculpt try to avoid sculpy.
I am turned off by some of the qualities of sculpy, MA. I am not impressed with it's lack of ability to hold itself together after it hardens. These temporary molds I have been making like to crumble at random. I will have to keep a look out for Fixit. Have you had any experience with Miliput? It's a two part bonding/sculpting materiel.

Back to lady Mando. Using the crumbly sculpy, I made some more disposable molds to cast and trim up some more armor for her knees and lower legs. These pieces are going to have to be reshaped a bit to conform more closely to the shape of her legs. That shoulder pad is a casting from a snow ops cw rex figure that I still need to make a mate for.

I did get to try my new molds and while the vizla head had a bubble form in the mold right where one of her eyes is causing a resin glob to form while casting that isnt too hard to carve off, it still kills some of that eyes detail. I may attempt a first time ever fix to the mold of this problem when I make my next mold using some of the wet mold material to fill the little flexible air pocket in the eye area. This head may still turn out to be alright or if I really want her to look tough, I may fashion an eye patch for her. Other than that, I do like the vizsla head. I may have to heat and move some of her lower hair length so that it clears the upper body of the figure a bit.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #545 on: December 27, 2012, 07:47:24 PM »
Nice shes coming together. I have heard Milliput is great and very similar to FIXIT, and FIXIT can only bought online. (Got mine on Amazon)
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #546 on: December 28, 2012, 08:03:36 AM »
Can't wait to see her done Clint.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #547 on: December 28, 2012, 10:56:38 AM »
Wow, she is gonna be great. Back on the front page.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #548 on: December 28, 2012, 11:26:13 AM »
The TOR mando head sculpt is going to look fantastic on this one!  I'm not a huge fan of that sculpt, but I have a good feeling you're going to make something awesome out of it!  Looking forward to more updates!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #549 on: December 28, 2012, 12:34:21 PM »
Thanks for the FP, Shawn. JM, I am looking forward to painting up that head. Haven't done that in a while.

Here is the gunbelt I was referring to.
The donor is a tac endor rebel

After some carving with the exacto knife, it looks like this.

And here is Mrs Mando with her new belt. I havent rejoined it yet so it might look a little tighter when I am done. I will have to find a cool looking pistol to give her.
I am reading a Karen Travis novel right now that has some mando chicks in it. Perhaps she can be one of those.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
« Reply #550 on: December 28, 2012, 05:03:22 PM »
Hi clint, been a while eh. Getting back into the customs again I see............liking the female mando mods. Looks spot on.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #551 on: December 29, 2012, 08:30:11 AM »
She could easily be Parja or Rav Bralor.
This is going to be a killer figure.

If you won't need the Baroness head after the project, I'll buy if off you for a wife custom.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #552 on: December 29, 2012, 08:35:52 AM »
She could easily be Parja or Rav Bralor.
This is going to be a killer figure.

If you won't need the Baroness head after the project, I'll buy if off you for a wife custom.
Interesting, a wife custom.
Before I get rid of that one, I will need to make a mold of it. I do like that head.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #553 on: December 29, 2012, 10:51:17 AM »
No prob.
In fact, my wife has long, dark hair and does wear glasses.
I tried a wife custom with the other 25th Baroness head a while ago, but the one you used looks more like my old lady.

http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.de/2011/12/gi-joe-baroness.html
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #554 on: December 30, 2012, 01:13:37 PM »
Well, I got the leg armor mold going and have replaced the shin and knee armor as well as cast and cleaned some upper leg armor for her. The second shot shows her solid cast gauntlets in my hand next to her. I will have to do some cutting and pinning to make those work. In the third shot, I have her cod piece mounted but think that it takes away from her and I will either change it or ditch it altogether.

In these next three shots, I know that I want to give this chick a mando bucket and the smallest version I had was a casting of a jango helmet. My thought was that I could make one for her to hold in her hand and then another to have her shaved down head inside to mount on the body as an alternate that you could see her flowing locks of hair poking out from under.
   To me, this bucket still looks a bit large for her body, kind of like the buckets that came on the ee female mandos. I may have to look into a pre vizsla helmet or a smaller solid fett helmet.