Author Topic: Clonehead's custom figures #2  (Read 111469 times)

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
Re: Clonehead's custom figures #2
« Reply #510 on: September 21, 2011, 08:07:14 AM »
coming along great clint

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #511 on: September 21, 2011, 08:34:45 AM »
looks AMAZING! Great Job!

Offline IMPURGE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #512 on: September 22, 2011, 09:53:48 AM »
yes!  yes!  yes!
love the AT-RT helmet, that's what I'm talking about.
how's about a hollowed scout trooper with a AT-AT commander helmet or maybe the backend section of the Imp navy commando.  that'd be a rockin evolution to your AT-RT version.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #513 on: September 22, 2011, 10:18:46 AM »
I have been thinking of doing something with that navy commando helmet but I have a project going with the back half of that atrt helmet over in the mando contest thread.
Thanks to all for your comments

Offline TheIRISH Rogue

• TheIRISH Rogue
  • Lieutenant
  • "Lost a planet Obi Wan has..how embarrasing."
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #514 on: September 25, 2011, 10:55:11 PM »
Do you have molds of the one shoulder pauldron? This is the "blueeyedirishman" off ebay btw ha ha ()rr ()rr
Writer of all things this in that.
Commissioner of art: Figures, Art, 1/6th Scale.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9061.30  <-- What's that? Oh cool, stories! ;)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #515 on: September 26, 2011, 04:53:07 AM »
Do you have molds of the one shoulder pauldron? This is the "blueeyedirishman" off ebay btw ha ha ()rr ()rr
Yep, it's on the list on page 1 of my parts for sale thread.
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=773.0
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:23:27 PM by Clonehead »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #516 on: September 26, 2011, 04:59:26 AM »
Hey Clint.  Nice to see you back at the customizing.  Love your step by step updates.  Looks like you're off to a killer start!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #517 on: September 26, 2011, 05:01:03 AM »
Hey Clint.  Nice to see you back at the customizing.  Love your step by step updates.  Looks like you're off to a killer start!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #518 on: September 27, 2011, 05:49:41 AM »
Cool stuff!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #519 on: September 29, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
production of this figure is going slow due to a heavy load of various orders and iron work has been a bear.
The colors in this shot seem a bit washed out but I have completely repainted the figure with his new base colors that are a bit different from the stock ones.
I will have to take a shot with another tvc atrt driver to show. I havent painted the pauldron yet but some of those tedious detail lines are coming plus a partial camo "you guessed it" paint app.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #520 on: September 29, 2011, 08:33:36 PM »
Looks amazing so far clint, really like that color!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #521 on: September 30, 2011, 04:58:14 AM »
Awesome! Glad to see another awesome camo job is on the way!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #522 on: October 10, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »
Sorry but I had to put the atrt driver and Tamer's helmet on the backburner so I could do a mando for the mando contest.
I didnt take alot of wip shots this time but I will try to scrape some up.

I started off as with alot of former customs with a couple of resin helmet pieces that I wanted to merge together into a custom helmet. In this case, I took the back half of that atrt driver hollow helmet and merged it with the front of an ee mando helmet.
For my contest figure, I chose the Prince of Persia Dustan figure and hollowed out the back of a resin cast deluxe jengo Fett chest armor piece so that it would fit over the prince's chest. After gettting the two helmet pieces together, I decided that I didn't like the way that the sun visor tapered so I took some scrap resin, glued it to the visor sides, and then trimmed it to widen the visor out some.

Here is a shot with some paint but prior to touchups. The shoulder pads are resin castings from the apartment Fett slip-on armor piece and I hinged em to the deluxe chest piece using strips of blister pack plastic so that they would flex upward when his arms were positioned high enough to require them to move.
Those knee pads are resin-cast shoulder pads from the snow ops rex cw figure. this mixed helmet wont fit over prince Dustan's hair so I carved on a tvc aotc resin neck nub so that it would fit into dustan's neck hole and used a aotc human head under the helmet.

this next shot shows that I have chose a resin cast clone commander bandolier as a belt piece to position under the chest armor but havent painted it or touched up the armor paint yet. At this point, I have chosen the belt and cod cape from the evo pack Mandalore to kind of detract from the bulky appearance of the knee pads. I cut the elastic neck piece from the mandalore's soft goods cape, shortened it, added some lower rips, and glued it under the soft plastic cowl of the thrown-back hood attachment from a cw Plo Koon.

And in this shot, he is pretty much complete. I have painted the ammo belt and drybrushed some light tan color on his cod cape, boots, pants, and thrown back hood piece. I will take some more shots of him when I get a chance and then, it's back to my other projects. I still have a couple of things I wouldn't mind doing to this guy. Perhaps, some more weathering, a decal, and possibly some straps thrown on to attach to his armor pieces, belt, and also a strap for his vintage looking rifle that he has in one of the contest thread shots.

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #523 on: October 10, 2011, 09:32:21 PM »
Like the wip pics Clint. Sorry if my request and others are keeping ya at bay.

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #524 on: October 11, 2011, 09:50:55 AM »
looking good clint!! loving the custom headgear and all around armor colors are awsome!!