Author Topic: Clonehead's custom figures #2  (Read 111453 times)

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
Re: Clonehead's custom figures #2
« Reply #480 on: May 10, 2011, 09:56:28 AM »
This is VERY detailed and its such an original idea, a camo pilot would be awsome to have in a Battle For Endor diorama. I would like to see something like that.
fiala fernbrugg made one
i believe tamer has one or two in his collection

Offline KesselRunImports

• Lieutenant
« Reply #481 on: May 10, 2011, 10:13:15 AM »
KRI, I am humbled and honored to be featured with the first isy card. I still consider that figure one of the favorites that I have ever worked on.

Awesome!

Awesome back to you. I'm glad I picked one of your favorites, I thought it made a perfect #1. Thanks!

Offline Clonemaster

• Commander
« Reply #482 on: July 28, 2011, 06:24:03 PM »
Thanks Pat!
Alright LE, here is the full body shot you asked for without paint and one where I have just started putting some white testors acrylic paint over the whole body. You can see the theme beginning to take shape on his striated undercoverings. I will paint kind of a white and gray pin stripe affair there with the recessed lines in gray.

hows this looking
- Jon

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #483 on: July 29, 2011, 03:03:10 AM »
About the same but I am anxious to work on that one again.

Offline rwkjr

• Cadet
« Reply #484 on: August 13, 2011, 01:39:45 PM »
Do you cast ARC legs or is that impossible for joint reasons? If so, where do you get resin because I have a good prototype minigun I'd like to cast.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #485 on: September 12, 2011, 06:23:54 AM »
Do you cast ARC legs or is that impossible for joint reasons? If so, where do you get resin because I have a good prototype minigun I'd like to cast.
I do not have a mold for arc trooper legs but nothing is impossible, there is always a way, brother. I get my resin from Hobby Lobby stores.

Sorry I haven't posted in here for a while, folks. That's just how it goes sometimes. I will take a break from customs for whatever reason for about 6 months and then suddenly, I will hop back into it. I have a new family now and my attentions are thinned more than ever.

I had some casting to do today and since I was at the table, I figured that this was a good time to start a little chore for Tamer that I had been putting off.

Some time ago, in this thread, I had repaired a broken off rangefinder from a mixed Fett/GM helmet that I had made for a Tamer-Owned custom figure some years ago. Not much more than a month later, Shawn sent it back as the helmet combo had split in half on him."Years ago when I made this figure, I had no idea how rough this MOC collector was with his customs but now I know better" LOL, Just kidding, Shawn. When I made this helmet, I was using a casting of the smallish aotc jango Fett hollow helmet for the back half of the mixed piece and had just superglued that back half with the front half of a resin Galactic Marine hollow helmet. Since it is apparent that Shawn needs a little more helmet room for his figure, for the repair, I will substitute the back half of the larger cavity resin cast hollow elite forces B'arin Apma helmet which I have been casting for my mando helmets for some time.

first two shots show both sides of the original pieces with their original paintjob.
third shot shows the new casting of the ee mando helmet
last shot shows the old front gm piece with the freshly carved back half and the seperate rangefinder. I will drill, pin, and glue these three pieces together and do a little sculpting to mesh the height variances of the tops of the pieces together, and then I will re-paint most of the whole piece.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 06:26:50 AM by Clonehead »

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #486 on: September 12, 2011, 07:18:27 AM »
 glad to see you back second congrats on the new family! now make us all some new parts!!!! lol ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #487 on: September 13, 2011, 03:12:38 AM »
Good to see the Clonehead back into customizing again. On the front page.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #488 on: September 13, 2011, 07:39:01 AM »
glad to see you back second congrats on the new family! now make us all some new parts!!!! lol ;D
Thanks buddy! New parts?? I was actually considering making a new mold today.

On to Tamer's helmet fix................

In shots 1&2 I have tacked the two halves together with superglue and am trying em on for size with the last custom figure that I started which has a Legacy Snowtrooper head sculpt.
In shots 3&4 I am drilling a hole through the back of the Mando half into the GM front half very near the top to pin the top of the two halves together hoping that it will make the bond of the pieces more sturdy and able to take Tamer's abuse.
Shot 5 shows the length of craft wire that I used along with some superglue to seat the pin. I trimmed the pin just short enough so that it penetrated both pieces but didnt have any length past the outer edge of the pieces.
Shots 6&7 shows the pieces properly bonded together with gaps filled and meeting edges filed to conform to each other.
shot 8 shows the size difference between the old Jango helmet half and the new ee one. I figure I gave him an extra mm of room all around the back. I even thinned out the back side of the gm face some more to conform to this new cavity width.

and since I am mixing helmets together, I thought I might try another one using pieces from a tvc atrt driver helmet and the good ole Hollow version of the Commander Bacura helmet.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #489 on: September 13, 2011, 08:19:30 AM »
It's great to see the master at work!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #490 on: September 13, 2011, 08:53:39 AM »
That Bacara at-rt driver mix looks great.

And so the new fix.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #491 on: September 13, 2011, 09:55:11 AM »
The helmet variations you keep coming up with are awesome.

Offline Noctem89

• Cadet
« Reply #492 on: September 13, 2011, 11:59:51 AM »
looks great :) finally you continue costumizing figs - great :) :)  DH btw the codes are on their way to you ;)

Greetings

Kevin

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #493 on: September 13, 2011, 01:27:30 PM »
Great to see some new work. Those helmets are going to be awesome!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #494 on: September 13, 2011, 06:16:28 PM »
Clint! You are back in the saddle! Look out folks! Good to see you are beefing this guy up for Tamer! haha Your mods are looking great, watch and learn people. One of the first things I did after meeting Clonehead was buy a pin vise and micro drill bits. Kinda like re-bar huh buddy?