Author Topic: New Vintage Boxed Slave I vs. the older Amazon Exclusive?  (Read 4795 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: New Vintage Boxed Slave I vs. the older Amazon Exclusive?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2020, 06:21:58 AM »
I was waiting to hear your opinon. Man everyone hates that canopy hinge. And yes for that much deniro it should practically fly. Taking this to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2020, 06:49:48 AM »
I don't want to sound like I hate it, I just don't buy ships in general. But the price is too much. I checked an inflation calculator and $70 in 2013 is $77.46 today. So the stand and the new deco adds almost twice the price. The only explanation I can think of, is Hasbro doesn't want the price of the Amazon exclusive to go to zero. They're actually looking out for collectors. They won't be $300 or even worth $150, but they'll still remain more valuable than when it was released even factoring inflation.

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2020, 02:00:37 PM »
Glad you got a good one JDeck  ..mine is the only bad one i have seen, just my luck lol  :(

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2020, 06:02:16 PM »
Glad you got a good one JDeck  ..mine is the only bad one i have seen, just my luck lol  :(

I don't know if this is the case with yours, but I physically had to pull the canopy into the tabs fit into place. Don't be afraid to manhandle the SOB to get it right.  With some finesse, you can't go HULK on it, and rip the hinge, but easy, with some force. The canopy is the biggest problem.  A hard, stable top hinge would be fantastic.  Why even have Han Solo in Carbonite fit into the top?  Put him in the cargo hold like the man said. It's the most obvious sentence ever uttered in Star Wars history. No, we can't do that, put captain Solo in the most inconvenient place on the entire ship. This is why I prefer models.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 09:22:14 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2020, 07:36:40 AM »
I betcha Bandai has a scale that just rocks.

Still not hearing too many good things about this incarnation of this ship. Its mainly what you get for the cost.

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2020, 08:38:50 PM »

I don't know if this is the case with yours, but I physically had to pull the canopy into the tabs fit into place. Don't be afraid to manhandle the SOB to get it right.  With some finesse, you can't go HULK on it, and rip the hinge, but easy, with some force.

Thanks for the tip, i will have another crack at it later