Author Topic: The World of Darth C  (Read 13132 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: The World of Darth C
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2009, 05:11:14 PM »
I couldn't really tell you how soft the water is, really don't know how well it works, other then it uses salt.  I think we may have screwed it up installing it, the water softner.  It just seemed to start acting up about a month ago.
I can always tell how soft the water is in the shower. If it is real soft, you have to scrub to get the soap to come off. If it is hard, the soap just rinses off.
  Too soft of water could be your problem.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2009, 05:24:13 PM »
Clint has a point on the water thing. I had to install a soda ash system in addition to my water softener when it made my water too soft. Have you noticed any green residues, that would show the water is too soft because it is disolving some of the copper in your water lines.

If you get yours figured out come help me with mine. Using my hot water I am getting a slight red tinge. I have an iron filter that should be working ok. The water guys come to look at it on Thursday. My wife is meticulous with having good water.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2009, 04:51:01 PM »
Been awhile since I last updated this.  Been busy finishing up mounting fish.  Got 2 bass and a walleye all done and mounted on the bases.  Been a little under the weather as of latley.  2 weeks ago got a double ear infection, got that all cleared up and then today ended up getting pink eye when I woke up.  Been to the Dr. more in the last month then the last 5 years and I still have to go back on Friday for my first annual check up.  I'm also on my 3rd week of not smoking.  I'm still chewing and using the gum, but could only give up one bad habit at a time.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2009, 05:18:42 PM »
Sounds like you are getting hit on all sides. I know what you mean about being to the doctor a lot this year. Guess we are getting older. Hope you start feeling better. I look forward to seeing pics of your fish. I guess you haven't been doing any fishing or spring turkey hunting?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2009, 05:23:45 PM »
that does sound like a rough patch, Chad. For pink eye, I always use an eye wash containing boric acid along with a round or two of antibiotics. " I do hate that pink eye"

Good job on the not smoking. like you, the last time I stopped smoking, I started chewing and now, I do both.
Sunflower seeds, chewing gum, and toothpics seem to help if you want to try to kick the chew.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2009, 07:30:58 AM »
Well getting ready to head up to our deer hunting land this morning.  Went to the clinic this morning for blood tests, carry over from my last friday appointment.  Got food supplies at walmart and now getting ready to pick up the girls from daycare, yep dad's taking them up there for the weekend, should be interesting.  We have to move the outhouse and did a new hole for it, do some clean up and just check to make sure everything is fine from the winter.  Also have to bring back a load of wood for camping this year.  Tomorrow is our opening day of fishing up here, will be the first time in a long time I won't be heading out.  Barb needs some alone time to finish up her final paper for her night class.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2009, 09:22:41 AM »
Sounds like everyone is gonna enjoy a nice time at camp! I can't wait till my little gal is old enough. Have fun Chad! Sorry to hear you won't be out opening day. I haven't been fishing yet myself.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2009, 01:10:20 PM »
Yep, have fun, Chad.
Your not missing that much on the fishing front from what I can tell.........

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2009, 02:33:08 PM »
Well its time to update this.  Been a busy summer so far and its just started.  Went camping over memorial weekend, a little cool but alot of fun.  Been just swamp at work, being forced to work overtime at hospital guarding prisoners, really boring.  Seems like I've been at work more then home and when I'm home have not much energy to do anything.  My dad decided its time to buy a newer boat, so I'm selling mine and putting that money towards the new boat.  It was tough this past week, since there were alot of boats we were looking for on craigs list in our price range, but couldn't go and see them because I was on call all this past week.  Found a real nice one close to home, but there are 2 other guys going to look at it before us and the first guy is driving 700 miles from Canada to see it.  Can't believe he is going that far and not going to buy it.  So you can see have not had too much time to be around and the summer is just beginning.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2009, 03:24:23 PM »
Hopefully you can find some time to relax, Chad. Good luck on the boat.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2009, 04:31:48 PM »
Sounds busy Chad. Hope you get that new boat, it is time for some more fish pics and Clint and I don't seem to be getting it done. The summer is still young though. Good to see you around though guy!

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2009, 04:57:26 PM »
Well I can cross one thing of my list.  We got that boat today, guy from Canada didn't want it.  Got a 1996 16' Lund pro v with a 50 horse mercury motor.  Boat is in real great shape for the age, we should like alot.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2009, 04:59:09 PM »
Well I can cross one thing of my list.  We got that boat today, guy from Canada didn't want it.  Got a 1996 16' Lund pro v with a 50 horse mercury motor.  Boat is in real great shape for the age, we should like alot.

Whoopeeee! Outstanding. I want to see some pics. I want to see some pics.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2009, 08:02:56 PM »
Cool, you got one! I wanna see, also.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2009, 09:14:25 PM »
yup pics plz!...... ;D