Author Topic: Dirty Gloves Custom Vehicles *new page 11 4/23  (Read 22838 times)

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
Re: Dirty Gloves Custom Vehicles
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 12:00:06 PM »
Spooky, DG... thanks so much for all this info... priceless stuff you're posting here!!!

and DG... just WOW, amazing work!  That Batmobile is just stunning. 
*everything* you posted is stunning! ;)
I actually started doing a Rhino custom a long while back. 
I just gave up on it after seeing the one you posted on hisstank (and now above) - it's just too awesome for words!

Offline Dirty Gloves

• Lighting Up Your Life
  • Ensign
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 04:38:38 PM »
Thanks guys! Plenty more coming down the pipe. Next up is the clone wars y-wing. :) Should be fun~
All of my customs in one convenient place ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/36398360@N05/

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2011, 05:38:02 PM »

Is this the new Captain America armored vehicle and is that turret the one from the old Joe MOBAT?  If that's a full-up custom, I want details!
(I'm pulling up flickr, in case you made detailed notes in your captions...)

Ok, is the large multi-cell box launcher scratchbuilt?  That is fantastic.  That's a...Wolfhound, I think?  Or Ice Dagger?
(I'm not exactly a big Joe guy - I see most Joe stuff as fodder for sci-fi/SW customs, y'know!)

Oh.
My.
GOD.

That is totally BAD @$$!!!!  If I saw that in a toy aisle, I'd skip a clearanced AT-AT to buy that!  I really, really want details on what this is and how you made it.  Suffice to say, I'll be checking this one out CLOSELY on flickr!

Marvelous work, man - truly marvelous.  That stuff is just mind-blowingly great!

Offline Dirty Gloves

• Lighting Up Your Life
  • Ensign
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 09:54:27 PM »

Is this the new Captain America armored vehicle and is that turret the one from the old Joe MOBAT?  If that's a full-up custom, I want details!
(I'm pulling up flickr, in case you made detailed notes in your captions...)

Ok, is the large multi-cell box launcher scratchbuilt?  That is fantastic.  That's a...Wolfhound, I think?  Or Ice Dagger?
(I'm not exactly a big Joe guy - I see most Joe stuff as fodder for sci-fi/SW customs, y'know!)

Oh.
My.
GOD.

That is totally BAD @$$!!!!  If I saw that in a toy aisle, I'd skip a clearanced AT-AT to buy that!  I really, really want details on what this is and how you made it.  Suffice to say, I'll be checking this one out CLOSELY on flickr!

Marvelous work, man - truly marvelous.  That stuff is just mind-blowingly great!

Thanks for all the kind words doc.

The first vehicle you quoted is a RHINO from the Joe movie line, but your right on the money about the turret. It's from the vintage mobat.

Yes, both of customs in the second pic are wolfhounds and the big missile box was scratch built by me. I really hard job that was a bitch to get square but something I'm really proud of.

The last vehicle is a mix of vintage joe parasite from the 90's and the cockpit is from one of the joe poc mechs. I'm still not finished with it, but should be awesome once it's done.
I'll keep you posted ;)
All of my customs in one convenient place ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/36398360@N05/

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 01:03:36 AM »
dope stuff, I like those vehicles A LOT!!
the lights add a lot!!  8)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 06:28:27 AM »
I dug thru your flickr account yesterday.  Absolutely STUNNING!!!  (to all other 'Yarders, if you ain't looked, hit that link in his sig!  NOW!!!!!)  Awesome work, man!!  At first glance, that box-launcher looked production.  Once I saw where you said it was a scratch, I got to looking *hard* at it and could see the tiny gaps at a couple of the corners.  Very impressive work!

I'd forgotten about the ROC Rhino - don't have one and hadn't really considered the possibility of needing one.  So, for me, that makes for a very refreshing "new look" to a vehicle.  :thumbsup:

That Parasite...  I looked up the original Parasite toy on ebay and yojoe.com so I could compare them.  You did a lot of work on that!  I'd originally thought the cockpit was maybe the old Skyhawk or newer Ghosthawk.  Joe 'Mech - eh, I was close.  ;D

Great stuff!  Glad you found your way to the 'Yards!

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 08:05:56 PM »
amazing vehicles! :o :o

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 10:28:31 PM »
WOW!!!!!!! These are great you are a very talented customiser. I think we all here can learn alot from you .

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 05:19:05 AM »
I agree folks. This guy oozes talent.

This update is back on the front page with a shout out to his flickr account. Just great work DG.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 06:12:46 AM »
I am back just to say, see, I told you to hang onto your hats when he delivered more pics and videos. Dirty you are the man! That Batmobile is off the chain man! I have one like it but my light up feature is very wimpy. You are the led master! I need to send you some of my vehicles for "the treatment"

Offline Dirty Gloves

• Lighting Up Your Life
  • Ensign
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2011, 12:08:26 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words guys!

I need to send you some of my vehicles for "the treatment"

Anytime :)

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 12:49:12 AM »
Yeah, let me echo...
this stuff is killer. 
Your photos are just so much fun to check out.

Most Exellent !!! :)

Spookymufu

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 08:03:25 AM »
I'd kill for that Ecto 1, that thing is awesome, what does something like that cost?

I also liked that Batmobile a lot.

I repost this as it seemed to get lost in the page jump.....

Offline Dirty Gloves

• Lighting Up Your Life
  • Ensign
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »
I'd kill for that Ecto 1, that thing is awesome, what does something like that cost?

I also liked that Batmobile a lot.

I repost this as it seemed to get lost in the page jump.....

Must have missed it. The ecto one was expensive and hella time consuming. I honestly never want to do that again, sorry. :(
The batmobiles aren't to expensive . I used 11 Leds on the batman forever one and charged $80.

Spookymufu

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2011, 12:16:51 PM »
Must have missed it. The ecto one was expensive and hella time consuming. I honestly never want to do that again, sorry. :(
The batmobiles aren't to expensive . I used 11 Leds on the batman forever one and charged $80.

well, I dont want you to do one, but I am curious what that one cost