Author Topic: StarWars: Memoirs of a War Profiteer S1/E3: "The Lekku Loper" part 2  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Darth Depressis

• Commander
    • http://starwarsphotonovels.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Depressis

The investigation team enters a darkened pleasure den, where lies upon the floor a single corpse. all five Jedi stretch out in the force in-search of clues regarding the ghastly scene.  The act is brutal to relive, the scenes are vivid and fresh. Scenes of the previous murders investigation flash through the scene.

Empatajayos Brand: i was right across the street.

Rostek Horn: the forensic droids concur, this perpe's baiting us.

Koffi Arana: it is as you say Master Brand, other than the Twi'lek Strumpet there is no trace of any identity within this room.

Empatajayos Brand: sadly.

An'ya Kuro: there is another presence in this room.

The others look to the dark woman. suddenly, master kuro lifts the soiled mattress from the floor to reveal a quivering child.

Nejaa Halcyon: how did we not sense her?

An'ya Kuro: more importantly, it gives us our first fact regarding the lekku loper. whom ever it may be, it is not force-sensitive.

Ranik Solusar: frak me.

Ylenic It'kla: (taking the child aside) calm yourself young one.

Child: (speaking huttse)

Ylenic It'kla: i do not require your words, put yourself at ease while we share this terrible event.

Suddenly Master It'kla experiences the sounds and emotional impact of the murder. the child catches a glimpse of a shining medallion upon the perpetrators military issue beret. loud screams of agony in huttse conclude the experience.

Nejaa Halcyon: i sense a great dread within you Ylenic.

Ylenic It'kla: the child only caught a glimpse of the lekku loper's Beret, a military issue one i'd might add.

Empatajayos Brand: rep or sep?

Ylenic It'kla: it was Militarist grey and adorned with a gold medallion, it could only be of the Grand Army.

An'ya Kuro: what have we gotten ourselves pushed into here?

Rostek Horn: those berets are special issue, were talking a non-clone member of the GA here.

Ranik Solusar: so we can rule out some awol clone, thats great but what exactly are we looking at here?

Koffi Arana: this line of thought should not be discussed within a pleasure den.

Empatajayos Brand: lets get back to the temple, perhaps after we've shared the memnii...

Suddenly the corsec agent takes notice of a hovering holorazzi droid floating across the bar.

Rostek Horn: (pulling blaster) get outta here you parasite!

Nejaa Halcyon: great, now the loper knows whose on his trail.

Koffi Arana: (activating holonet) that's the least of our problems Nejaa.

Sloan Snickers: moments ago our affiliate network obtained footage of the current victim of the lekku loper and learned that the Jedi/Corsec Task force have identified the lekku loper as a awol member of the grand army. no word from the chancellor's office as of yet.

Grand Army Headquarters-Coruscant-20 Years Before the Battle of Yavin IV

Mas Amedda: can we maintain a civil line of discussion Agent Horn!

Rostek Horn: excuse me majordomo, but my investigation has been completely compromised! and quite frankly i am willing to go with the media's misconstrued logic behind this entire chain of events.

Palpatine: are we really having this discussion again? how exactly would sending a operative on a killing spree benefit the grand army?

An'ya Kuro: first off, what benefits the grand army usually benefits the executive branches of power. secondly this entire sham of an investigation has kept the entire core glued to the holonet for the past two cycles, no unwanted wartime news has penetrated the infamous lekku loper rumor mill.

Palpatine: i will not take this line of accusation lightly Master Kuro.

Mas Amedda: might i suggest we redeploy her to the outer rim offensive your eminence. 

Rostek Horn: wow, why don't you just confirm the lines of political intrigue which keep corellia out of the war chancellor.

Palpatine: will you send in Tarkin on your way out, Majordomo.

the majordomo dismisses himself from the meeting and Wilhuff Tarkin enters the room.

Palpatine: now that the suspected holonet leak is out of ears-shout, we can begin again.

An'ya Kuro: if only i could sense a truthful deception, i'd might believe your change of mood.

Rostek Horn: (holding out micro-cam droid) sorry to disappoint you Master Kuro. but Amedda is the leak.

Tarkin: i thought there where six of you on the task force?

Rostek Horn: media report or actual intell?

Tarkin: the chancellor keeps my office apprised of all operations agent Horn.

An'ya Kuro: Masters Brand,Arana,Solusar,Halcyon and It'kla are working the only lead we posses.

Tarkin: ah yes, a Memnii. i've heard from this distorted image you've taken notice of a Militarist Beret.

Rostek Horn: that's the rumor.

Palpatine: why will you not share with us what you've found? can you not show us this memnii recording?

An'ya Kuro: (chuckles)

Rostek Horn: a memnii is not a recording, its an extremely vivid memory which can only be produced by members of the Caamasi race.

An'ya Kuro: luckily our master It'kla is a member of that race, he was able to form one by attempting to alleviate the pain of the most recent victim's progeny.

Palpatine: so your smoking blaster evidence is...a memory.

Tarkin: gleaned from the child of a strumpet's mind no less.

An'ya Kuro: clearly it holds enough water to ruffle your collective feathers Senator Tarkin.

Rostek Horn: i know it sounds preposterous, but it is a valid form of evidence and we require...

Tarkin: no wonder the prisons of Corellia bustle, if these memnii are considered a damning form of evidence.

An'ya Kuro: so the tarkin clan still holds a grudge against the Jedi.

Tarkin: not at all Master Jedi, due to your orders continued silence my cousin's role in the stark hyperspace war remains a shining achievement.

An'ya Kuro: Yoda and his point of view approach never ceases to amaze.

Palpatine: true enough, now what does your task force require to bring an end to this string of heinous acts?

Rostek Horn: access to the Grand Armies non-clone combatant list. specifically the Operation Leaders core of service.

Tarkin: we cannot compromise the identities of our clandestine operatives, especially to an agent of another galactic faction.

Rostek Horn: are you questioning the loyalty of Corellia!

Tarkin: yes and no. First off Senator Bel Iblis's declaration of Contemplanys Hermi keeps Corellia's allegiance up in the air. secondly..

An'ya Kuro: what's your position on clandestine members of the grand army seeing the list? 

Tranquillity Spire of the Jedi Temple-Coruscant-20 years BBY

The five jedi stand around the floating child in meditation.
within each of their minds, the jedi attempt to flow walk into the scene of the crime as evidenced by the poor twi'lek child. strained the jedi let the tranquilized child drift back to the floor.

Ranik Solusar: those blasted Aing-Tii need to share the greater details of this skill with us.

Koffi Arana: i understand our situation requires us to use it, but i still feel as if it skirts the dark side in some manner.

Ylenic It'kla: the child can only take so much more before we must submit him to correctional custody.

Empatajayos Brand: agreed, after this last attempt we hit the streets.

Nejaa Halcyon: can you handle much more of this yourself Ylenic?

Ylenic It'kla: force willing, Spicewood. force willing.

The five jedi stretch again and attempt to flow walk into the realm of the memnii, the sounds of the poor strumpet blare into their minds, her anguish during the brutal beating. the crashing of the room above the bed rocks their minds. suddenly Master solusar breaches the confine of the Memnii and proceeds to peer into the dim room. the twi'lek's blood begins to spatter the walls, Ranik instinctively follows the spatter to the wall.

Master Brand breaches the Memnii as well, upon his emergence into the scene he gets a full glimpse at the perpetrators rage filled face.

Empatajayos Brand: (flow-walking through Memnii) Ranik look at him!

Ranik Solusar: (flow-walking through Memnii) i know him, from...no.

Suddenly the flow walk is violently broken, the four fall backwards, Nejaa catches the child mid-air. Solusar squirms on the floor in shock.

Koffi Arana: you saw him?

Ylenic It'kla: indeed they did, but we must submit the child to the medics.

Nejaa Halcyon: one can only hope a reliable Jedi healer will rid the child of its fear.

Empatajayos Brand: (attempting to wake Solusar) Ranik, calm yourself. where do you know him from?

Ranik Solusar: during my years in the AgriCorps on Bandomeer, he was a derelict child.

Nejaa Halcyon: was he a masterless padawan?

Ranik Solusar: no, it was said he murdered two whole households on Naos III and burned the houses to hide the truth of the matter....

Koffi Arana: Do you remember his name?

Ranik Solusar: The non-force sensitive farmers called him Di Vont.