Author Topic: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett - with SPOILERS  (Read 7930 times)

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
Re: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2022, 04:16:46 PM »
I agree Tamer. The Fett is gonna wake up one day and and say f--k this respect baloney. Time to show everyone who's boss around here.
Plus the other syndicates, crime lords and no good wannabe's are going to view BF's respect philosophy as a sign of major weakness go after his operations.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2022, 05:25:43 PM »
I don't really understand the hate. I don't have issue with this show. I've enjoyed the first episode so far. And I really like the bacta-tank flashbacks. That was a cool concept.  ()rr
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2022, 03:43:35 AM »
Surely they knew we would want to know how he got out of the Sarlaac Pit. At least a little bit. And that was what we got.

I have been trying to stay off most places and not read those types of things about this show. I like it. It feels like it has been forever since we had new Star Wars.

I can't wait to see how it goes this week.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett - with SPOILERS
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2022, 01:59:34 AM »
I added the schedule for all upcoming episodes of Season 1 to the start of this topic.

I watched the first episode three times so far and still got mixed feelings about it. I agree with previous comments. And I'm glad we saw not only what happened down there in the Pit, but also how he lost his armor shortly after. It was also nice to see the wreck of the Khetanna, again.
I'm just glad they didn't blow up the Razor Crest...oh wait, will everything that blows up in Star Wars become a HasLab? Then I have high hopes for a Death Star or two and even a Super Star Destroyer... ;)

I try not to be too harsh, so I'll just wait what the second episode brings us.

Here are a few things that bugged me:

- the Sarlacc escape was a little shot for my taste. I'd have liked to see the actual way he found out there. If he flew out like shown in the comics, it would be reasonable to me. But digging through some tons of sand above him doesn't look so realistic to me. I know, one cannot please all.
To me the beginning and capture sequence felt like the mummy returned.

- don't know why Boba is the nice guy now. Doesn't fit with his character of The Clone Wars and what Jango taught him. But in and after Return of the Jedi he could be anything. So if that's the way they chose for his character development, I'm fine with that. At least there is development. I also like the theme of Ruling with Respect!

- that representative of Mos Espa's Mayor is one odd ball. I mean come on. You'll never find more scum and villainy than on Tatooine, right? Isn't that what Ben told Luke about Mos Eisley?
I mean come on, we're not on Naboo! So that Twi'lek dude doesn't seem believable to me. And I'm not even comparing him to Bib Fortuna.

- speaking of Bib. Why are there so many survivors? Guess that's character recycling at its best. And if people survived the Titanic, the Emperor certainly survived the explosion of Death Star II. I mean...nobody is ever really gone, right Di$ney? To me this is just a lack of creativity. But hey, Max Rebo is still there playing a remix of his old songs.

- I don't like some of the costumes they chose. Many characters just don't fit in. And I mean that chase across the roofs. Don't know why the first episode is so afraid of guns. If that was Jon's try for a different approach than The Mandalorian, then more power to him!

Don't know if I like the product placement of Boston Dynamics. I think their robot dogs don't fit in the Star Wars universe. It sure is a nice feature of an American company and world leading one in the world as well. You can still have one of those robots for about $74,000.

- That monster at the end reminded me of a Sci-Fi monster from a 60's TV show. Heck, it could've been stolen straight from STAR TREK! I don't like the design even though I'm not sure if there was one of those in the Miniatures TCG by Wizards of the Coast. Tried to find it in rebelscum's photo archive
I also had my issues with the Krayt Dragon in the Mandalorian. They looked way different in Knights of the Old Republic. And there they actually look like a dragon. They could've just given the monster in Mando a different name like...sand worm, you know similar to the one worm in the Asteroid in TESB?

- To me the plot of the first episode was just meh. I also didn't like how it was structured. And I'm not talking about the flashbacks which were actually pretty cool!

Pros:

+ I love Temuera Morrison!
+ It's great to see Boba and Fennec team up. I think they're a good team.
+ We are back on Tatooine.
+ The two Gammy Guards were a nice detail. To me it felt like in Knights of the Old Republic when Boba had 3 companions to go to town with.
+ The flashbacks were nice. I think it's believable that Boba has to recover after all he had gone through.

My score:

2/10

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2022, 03:57:12 AM »
I think this was a teaser episode to just get us hooked and a lot of what folks are questioning will come out. I know they left me wanting more!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2022, 08:57:51 PM »
I feel your “meh”, More

I guess I wanted this one to blow me away like the first episode of the Mandalorian did but I didn’t walk away feeling like that. I figured with all its popularity, this series would get an extra helping of that Star Wars polish In Every scene but I still get a generic feeling every odd bystander or two.
  Miss seeing the razor crest flying around, I was pretty impressed with how the space and atmospheric flight scenes looked in the Mandalorian series. Ready for some slave one action and I am looking forward to seeing what comes next, what new flashback to bobas past will we see first?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 08:59:42 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2022, 02:36:03 AM »
I'm waiting for my brother to wake up this morning. We're still hopeful that the second episode will be more to our liking and want to give this show a chance. If not it's okay as well.
Here in Germany the second episode wasn't available on Disney+ at 12:15 am. But now at 10 am it is.

I used the time to keep looking for that creature with 6 limbs. Avatar comes to mind, but it actually looks like a Gundark, right? Maybe it's supposed to be one and Wizard of the Coast released it as part of the Champions of the Force line of the Miniatures:

Source: rebelscum.com
URL: http://rebelscum.com/SWminiCOTF56gundark.asp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2022, 03:48:09 AM »
Which original trilogy character do you think we will see first? Han?

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2022, 05:22:56 AM »
Haha, I wish it was Han...but I doubt that the budget for the entire series is big enough to pay what Mr Ford claims. But you can look forward to seeing two characters of ANH that were also a Con exclusive in one of Hasbro's Comic Packs. That was pretty sweet.

So I just finished the second episode and I liked it. I liked it a lot!

9/10

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2022, 03:55:35 PM »
This was a great episode. Learning Fett's history with the Tusken's adds an element for both BF and the TR's that I don't think we would have ever considered.
Snorting lizards?? Holy brainwash Batman. Plus when it came out I thought it would a lot slimier having traveled twice through the Fett sinuses and nasal passages.
We actually learned a lot regarding the rites of passage for members of a Tusken clan. Gaffi stick making, proving oneself worthy of advancing to the next level of Tusken manhood and the complexities of Tusken society.
We also learned that the control systems for a futuristic train are unbelievably more complex than the engines of todays trains.
Am I correct in stating that today's highly trained ninjas are braver and more courageous than the futuristic ninja weenies?
Lastly, my take on a future episode or episodes.
I believe the Tusken history was important for 2 reasons.
1. Provides the background of BF's life between escaping the Sarlaac and taking over Jabba's operation.
2. Somewhere in this series, at some point there is going to be a reckoning between Boba and the Hutt's, the other syndicates an outside force or a combination of some or all. At this point BF will need allies and I think we will see the Tusken Raiders show up in mass to fight on the side of Fett.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2022, 05:47:10 PM »
WHAT AN EPISODE! This was a great episode. 9/10. As where I'd rank the first at 6.5/10.

Tuskens strong together.  0//

I don't know if anyone else picked up on who the twins had guarding them... but I did immediately.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Krrsantan

I think with Boba and the Tuskens his working/living with them is the first time he's had a familial relationship since his father Jango was killed. And I think this episode really illustrated that very well.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 06:03:46 PM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2022, 01:35:38 PM »
WHAT AN EPISODE! This was a great episode. 9/10. As where I'd rank the first at 6.5/10.

Tuskens strong together.  0//

I don't know if anyone else picked up on who the twins had guarding them... but I did immediately.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Krrsantan

I think with Boba and the Tuskens his working/living with them is the first time he's had a familial relationship since his father Jango was killed. And I think this episode really illustrated that very well.

Really like how this series and the Mandalorian explore other alien cultures and who our main character integrating with different societies.

Also first time seeing the Pykes unmasked is cool! Love how the revelations in this episode put the suspicious dialogue between Fett, the majordomo and Garsa Fwip into a different light.

When they first said twins, I thought it was going to be the Tonnika sisters lol

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2022, 09:25:33 PM »
I also immediately thought about the sisters when I heard that.

Good episode! The Tuskin storyline sure flourished. Pretty intense stuff but it all looked pretty good.
     Present day Boba is going to have to earn respect to rule with respect. Running off the twins may get him a bit but it’s going to take a bigger play than that to impress this hive of scum and villainy.
 Nice seeing the Hutts roll in on their litter. CGI looks pretty good on them. Those two will send trouble for Boba in the future.
  Could be a bounty hunter we had seen from the OT, Shawn. Lots of trandosians in that one seen. Bossk or perhaps Dengar?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 09:28:40 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2022, 02:34:54 AM »
I like the fact that we get to see two different timelines in this series. The second episode gave me some SOLO vibes as well. It was nice to see some alien designs from SOLO, again.

The hint at several Comics is just fantastic to me! I knew I had seen that Wookie before, but didn't recognize him as Krrsantan of the Doctor Aphra Comics right away. So thank you RC-1136 for the reminder! This felt like Knights of the Old Republic right from the beginning! It's nice to see the Hutts from The Clone Wars.

I think my favorite moment was the confrontation with the Mayor. Ithorians are always welcome and I really like the costume design and the fact that he communicates with a device on his head. That makes a protocol droid pretty obsolete. And even his Twi'lek Ambassador is not necessary. He reminds me a little of Jar Jar Binks. The series would be better off without him and his attitude.

I also like to see more of how the daily life in Star Wars is pictures. There are some new scenes that give much inspiration for my Mos Eisley Diorama. I really need to make some more furniture, soon.
The buildings of Mos Espa are pictured in better condition than those of Mos Eisley - at least in my eyes. Tatooine looks so civilized now...or is it just Disney bringing a New Order?

Camie and Fixer were my biggest surprise and their names are confirmed in the end credits. However if I remember correctly, Camie calls her husband Camie...did they really mix up their names again like they did with Kir Kanos and Canor Jax?

The sequence of the past was great to watch this time! I like how Boba kicked ass at Tosche Station (I think it was, right?).

I think if I didn't know the Mandalorian already, I wouldn't be so critical about the first episode. The Mandalorian set a high standard to which I compared The Book of Boba Fett at the beginning.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2022, 07:29:45 AM »
I think if I didn't know the Mandalorian already, I wouldn't be so critical about the first episode. The Mandalorian set a high standard to which I compared The Book of Boba Fett at the beginning.

I think this is it right here. We are trying to compare it so much and getting our feelings hurt a bit.

Still, I agree this episode was another winner. From the Ithorian to the Hutts it was great, but seeing the whole "Dances with Wolves" vibe I am getting from his time with the Tuskens I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

I so think you are right Ron when it comes to the Tuskens. I think some way someone tries to corner Fett with an army and kind of like that scene in "Quigley Down Under" where the Aborigines showed up we are gonna see the Tuskens show up en masse (they number like the Fremen) and just wholly kick tail. This is definitely a cowboys and indians scenario just like George did in the OT and I love it!

Now, anyone else feeling the sparks between Fett and that Gal Tusken Warrior? I am perhaps reading too much coming in, but are we gonna get to see a Tusken wedding? I also want to see and hear more about that great tree everyone has to go to to get their gaffi stick supplies. I enjoyed that process a lot. Anyone else besides me want to see a cannon get mounted to a bantha?

And we are gonna get some series crossover eventually too. I am really liking this folks. I really am.

Now, my one gripe and it was my daughter who helped me nail it down. Its the music score, is it just me or are they just doing a cheaper imitation of the music from the Mandalorian? I mean it ain't horrible, but I kind of expected Book of Boba to get its own original theme. I mean shouldn't we really only hear Mandalorian music when a Mandalorian character or Djin shows up?

Still, small potatoes compared to the overall show. I am so impatient. I am gonna hate waiting till next Wednesday. And the amount of new action figures they could make from just this episode! I mean Hasbro has got to be smiling ear to ear with each new episode.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 11:17:14 AM by Tamer »