Author Topic: Clonehead's world  (Read 56223 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's world
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2009, 07:01:03 PM »
Now my working depends on the Carpenters union signing their contract. Apparently they are to strike tomorrow as we set the bar with our agreement. That means, if they are on strike, we cant cross their banners or infact, work where they are.  Bummer. I guess I will work on customs, tomorrow.
UPDATE: Well the carpenters came to an agreement, last night so that strike was avoided. I just hope that we havent priced ourselves out of work, now.
  Figures, I had the whole day planned for customs and now I'm going to work, instead.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 02:57:36 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2009, 10:15:33 AM »
Still, glad you get to work. Hope its not as wet there as it is here today.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2009, 02:53:15 PM »
Still, glad you get to work. Hope its not as wet there as it is here today.
Yep, I got all day in but it is supposed to rain, tonight. Tomorrow may be a wash out.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2009, 04:36:26 AM »
Yep, it was a wash out today. That's ok as I have some things to do around here, today.
  Turns out that the concrete finishers decided to strike. I guess the Ironworker's new contract kind of set the bar for everyone as far as the amount that they should hold out for. So now, any jobs where the concrete finishers are supposed to be working, like Arrowhead Stadium and Royals Stadium, will have a banner that union people are not to cross.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 04:42:30 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2009, 04:52:46 AM »
I don't know that I agree with that, but I guess you guys should show some solidarity and loyalty for one another. I just think you guys have such a danger part to your job that you guys need better pay to take those kinds of risks.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2009, 07:38:35 PM »
I seen what part of our new contract raise made it on the check, today. We got a $0.75 per hour raise. That's an extra $30 a week if I get 40 hrs which is unlikely here lately as we don't have enough jobs on the books. I got left home on Monday but worked a full day tues and worked 11 hrs, today. Gotta grab the Overtime when I get a chance. I am to start early, tomorrow,at 6:30 but don't know if I will make all day. Certainly not where I am starting at. We are wrapping up an addition to Belton Police Dept's main building and parking lot which is pretty close to me at about 18 miles from the house.

Anyway, work has left me too pooped to do any custom work, tonight.. Perhaps tomorrow.

Oh, I got my taxes back and did well enough that....................I paid the Magnum off, yesterday.
  That's a big deal as I paid off an 18k note in 1 1/2 years. I think it took 3-5 to pay off the last car that I bought.
It's great to get out from under that payment but now, it's time to help the wifey to get her a newish car. Her's will be cheaper but quite special to her as she has never had a new car. We will probably get her an 08 with around 15,000 miles for around 12k or even less if she still qualifies for a Wal-mart discount.  That's right, I got a wally world discount on the Magnum. Saved me a grand or more, I think.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2009, 04:24:39 AM »
Never heard of getting a Walmart employee discount before. I wonder whether we should all go to work there. They are really giving thier employees some nice perks when the rest of us are getting threatened with less. After my truck is paid off we go new car shopping for her too.  Don't think it will be as quick as you paid off the Magnum though.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2009, 04:35:29 AM »
Never heard of getting a Walmart employee discount before. I wonder whether we should all go to work there. They are really giving thier employees some nice perks when the rest of us are getting threatened with less. After my truck is paid off we go new car shopping for her too.  Don't think it will be as quick as you paid off the Magnum though.
It took some research to find out about that discount. Turns out there are wally world discounts available for vacation purposes out there, as well, such as discounts on car rentals, park and show tickets, hotel rooms, etc.

She has been favoring either the Dodge Calibre or Avenger. We test drove a used Avenger, a couple of weeks ago that had all the bells and whistles...........4 wheel disc brakes, big motor "same as the Magnum's",in dash 6 disc cd-dvd changer,touch screen lcd display with an 80 gig HDD, 6 speed autostick /automatic tranny. 15,000 miles for 15k.
She drove it half way in drive and then it was time for me to get behind the wheel. In drive, it was so/so, powerwise but when I threw it into 6 speed mode, it had a tendancy to throw your head around with it's tourque.
We got back to the dealership and the exasperated wifey said "I don't like it! I don't need that much power!"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2009, 08:34:39 PM »
I am shedding a tear for you now Clint. Too much power!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2009, 01:33:23 PM »
Its like saying the millenium falcon doesnt need to do .6 past lightspeed
May the Force be with you !

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2009, 06:45:30 PM »
Well, I haven't worked all week and it doesn't sit well with me. I'm more of a busy body person and enjoy working in the great outdoors and like the different scenery that I experience while going to the different  jobsites. I talked to the boss tonight and he said the only job we have going is some work at Whitman airforce base which every one of our workers who has submitted to the mandatory background check for, except one, has been banned from. "including me" No specifics for each banning were told but the main secretary was sent a list of occurrences which would trigger a banning from working on the base and from what I can figure, I got banned for not having proof of insurance when someone backed into my car in OP KS, 10 years ago. Weird, huh? I am an honorably discharged veteran with 3 letters of commendation who never got into trouble in the service. I really have no clue. It was a small 1 week job that was more than an hour away but still. Work is work.  We usually have several jobs going at once and are a fairly sizable company.

What I have going for me, there, is I show up everyday, I work hard and smart, and I can run work as a foreman.
  That doesn't help much as I joined a company that already had 8 Ironworker foreman and only 2-5 journeyman at any givin time. This company observes and respects a persons seniority within the company, not in the union, and as I came to work here, after the 8 foreman, I usually get shafted. Even when the more senior slacker or two are still working. Now this company has taken care of me and I had a really good year, last year so, I hadn't planned on going anywhere else.
  I just want work to pick up. Darned recession. I will be renewing my claim for unemployment, this week.
That's why I have been such a custom making machine, lately.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2009, 09:25:49 PM »
OMG  ! are u sure they have ur honoralbe discahrge papers ? how can sucha good soldier not be qualfied to work at an airbase??? do they think ur some sort of terrorist because u didnt have car insurance 10 years ago?????? >:( gosh this country is going downhill  >:(
May the Force be with you !

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2009, 08:59:26 AM »
Sure doesn't make much sense to me either Alex. An honorably discharged Veteran not being give civilain access to a Base?

Hope work picks up guy. I am loving the new customs, but know your main staple is hanging off of buildings.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2009, 11:02:48 AM »
Sure doesn't make much sense to me either Alex. An honorably discharged Veteran not being give civilain access to a Base?

Hope work picks up guy. I am loving the new customs, but know your main staple is hanging off of buildings.
Yeah, that and jumping into holes..........

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2009, 06:02:55 AM »
Was good to have a chat with you last night..(well morning for you buddy)...hope to do it again soon.........hopefully more yarders in da room!