Author Topic: Clonehead's world  (Read 56212 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's world
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2009, 04:17:49 PM »
Well the prospects for work this week are nul and void. Next week doesn't sound very good from what my boss said, today.  Most of our jobs have shut down untill the frost in the soil thaws. The biggest job on the horizon, arrowhead stadium has been pushed back for another week and today, I filed an unemployment claim for the first time since early 2007. I am going stir crazy and haven't done much other than post here and work on custom stuff all week. Why is it that before or after I am to take a schedualed vacation, work always slacks off? I guess I will dive into my cluttered basement tomorrow and try to get it in order. I might even take the Dragon Wagon to the car wash.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2009, 06:19:52 AM »
Man, sorry to hear about your work schedule. The weather sure does affect you thats for sure. I must say I am sure loving the looks of your custom stuff and all the things you have been working on.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2009, 08:48:17 AM »
Man, sorry to hear about your work schedule. The weather sure does affect you thats for sure. I must say I am sure loving the looks of your custom stuff and all the things you have been working on.
Thanks for that, buddy. I am so used to being busy at work that more than 4 days off at a stretch doesn't feel right.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2009, 06:24:08 PM »
Well, I got home from Fla last night around 11;30 and had to go back to work this morning for the first time in 3 weeks.
  Man, I am sore all over, especially my plier holding hand. It will take a week to get back into the swing of things at work.
  We had a great time in Florida and were spoiled by the nice temps. The day that we left, it was 85 degrees and when we arrived back in KC, it was 25.  I had been wearing shorts and t-shirts every day and today, I had on about 15lbs worth of clothes just to stay warm.
  I got to meet custom Cloner John, when I was there. It was a brief visit but it was great to meet the guy. Hopefully, we can get together again sometime.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2009, 07:04:59 AM »
It was great to see that pic of you and John! I am glad you got back ok and I hear you on the cold thing! Glad to see you are back to work though!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2009, 06:47:41 PM »
I've been back to work for over a week now and it's still kicking my butt. I hate to say it but I'm ready for a rain day! there is a chance of one on Thursday.
  I was thinking of taking the Wifey to the World of Wheels show this weekend. Chip Foose will be there. It would be pretty cool to meet him and get a pic.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2009, 05:57:16 PM »
Well, it's Thursday and my butt is really kicked now! I have pulled a muscle in one arm a couple of days ago that is nice and sore. I went to leave for work, this morning and the garage door wouldn't open. Turns out that one of the tension springs in the door mechanism had broke in half. I got the door open and made it to work to serve a fairly rotten and backbreaking day and after making it home, I pulled a groin muscle wrenching on that darn door. So, I left the dragon wagon parked outside and will hobble through the day tomorrow. The wifey's and I's plans for the weekend are pretty much wrecked as we will have to have the Overhead Door co. come and fix the door on Sat and my guess is that it will be a fairly pricey venture.
  ARRRRRG!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2009, 06:03:29 AM »
I helped my father in law replace one a few weeks ago. It wasn't fun, I totally recommend letting the professionals do it! Sorry to hear about the muscle pulls!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2009, 12:57:53 PM »
I helped my father in law replace one a few weeks ago. It wasn't fun, I totally recommend letting the professionals do it! Sorry to hear about the muscle pulls!
That's the plan, buddy.I'm going to call them this afternoon.
  Here's a quick pic of what has been my nightmare for the last two days. This is a slab ready to pour for a soccer complex's consession stand and changing area. This is in  OP KS and they tend to overdo things out here.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2009, 01:17:01 PM »
Wow, that seems like a huge area for a concession and changing area. That place must be huge! Man, I am gonna need a three car garage pad sometime in the future and man I bet that sets me back a bit.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2009, 01:23:28 PM »
Wow, that seems like a huge area for a concession and changing area. That place must be huge! Man, I am gonna need a three car garage pad sometime in the future and man I bet that sets me back a bit.
The mud "concrete" will be the most expensive part. But that's a project that one could do himself with a little help, some finishing skills and a two or three strong backs. That's one way to save money, just don't skimp on the steel reinforcement. You wouldn't want it to crack. Wire mesh will do for a 4 inch pour.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2009, 09:29:34 AM »
I set up an appointment for the repair of the garage door for next Fri which is the earliest they could come when one of us would be home.
  One of the obvious reasons why I don't like to park outside became more apparent when I went to go to the store, this morning.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2009, 10:57:26 AM »
I hear you Clint. I don't see me having a garage for a few years yet either. Looks like my locale was not the only one that got the fluffy stuff.

At least it looks like your football team did some ground work for next year. Vrabel and Cassel for next to nothing. I think you guys are gonna be more than satisfied with your new GM.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2009, 11:39:12 AM »
I hear you Clint. I don't see me having a garage for a few years yet either. Looks like my locale was not the only one that got the fluffy stuff.

At least it looks like your football team did some ground work for next year. Vrabel and Cassel for next to nothing. I think you guys are gonna be more than satisfied with your new GM.
  True on the positave ground work but I really liked how Thigpen was progressing and now, he will be benched.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2009, 02:50:49 PM »
Well, the garage door got fixed last Friday to the tune of $225. Pricey but he did a good job of replacing both springs and he altered the configuration a bit and it works better than ever.
  To celebrate, I took the wifey to Joe's crab shack to eat and then a movie. I do love that Joe's although we don't go very often.
  Work was kind of crappy today with a sickley co-worker and a do-nothing carpenter foreman to deal with. Is it Friday, yet?