Author Topic: Clonehead's world  (Read 56320 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Clonehead's world
« Reply #195 on: May 27, 2009, 07:53:14 AM »
Neat looking place Clint. Looks like Branson is a go this weekend.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2009, 08:08:33 AM »
Neat looking place Clint. Looks like Branson is a go this weekend.
Yep and the weather is to be perfect.
I will be back. I need to pick my car up from getting the oil changed.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #197 on: May 31, 2009, 08:13:39 PM »
Well, the weather was good for a Branson trip.
We got down there early at 11:30 Thursday morning and left at 9:30 sunday morning.
Thursday was overcast with an intermittent mist but the temp was great. We just shopped all that day and then on Sat, we took in the Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede show which was pretty much incredible. It was kind of like a cross in between a wild west show and an audience participation competition in between the north and the south ala civil war. During the show, we were served a feast and ate enough to be rolled out after the shows completion.
Saturday we kind of took it easy with the most exciting activity being a lunch at Joe's Crab Shack.
 We hit the waterfront a couple of times and stayed till dark, one night to take in the fountain show which I have posted a pic of.
  Overall it was a good trip and the crowds wernt too bad except on the strip which is fun to cruise down and see the sites. As usual, we had a really good time.

This custom car was on display in front of a tattoo shop and reminded me of the cars modded up for that recent Deathrace movie.

No call back to work, tonight, so I guess that I will work on my ebay stuff and maybe look for those new ships, tomorrow.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #198 on: May 31, 2009, 08:28:06 PM »
My wife and I have looked at going to either branson or dollywood, not that either of us is into country, but as far as family entertainment goes, its about all we trust.

That car looks rad.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #199 on: May 31, 2009, 08:31:09 PM »
I'm not much into country either. There are some rock shows there, as well. That is, If you can enjoy the 50s and 60s.
That and the kids would enjoy Silver dollar City.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2009, 05:55:22 AM »
Glad you had a good time. That car looks pretty awesome.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2009, 06:09:44 AM »
Yep, all that car needs is a big gun and it would be ready for a road warrior run.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2009, 03:32:01 PM »
Well, it was bound to happen. I went back to work today after a month and a half hiatus. 92 degrees, 3 jobsites, and 94 miles later, I think that I did alright. I probably lost 3 pounds throughout the course of the day. I hadnt forgotten anything. Sounds like my co-workers didnt fare any better than I did during out slow period.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2009, 06:39:27 AM »
I have now got three days back at work under my belt. The heat and the strenuous work didnt seem to phase me very much which was surprising. Looks like we have a full docket of work available for a while and most of it is decently close so that is a plus.
  The time was right to get baby a car so we did that , yesterday and it went farily well. Only took us 3 hours this time compared to 5 last time. She got a nice ride and we got a good deal on it. She is of course, tickled pink about it as she has never had a new car, before. By way of a jedi mind trick, I got $800 out of them for her trade versus the $500 that they had offered.

My brother's two oldest boys came by for their first visit to my house ever, thursday. I got to corrupt their senses for a good 45 min with a presentation of my star wars stuff, car models, and military models that were on display in my living room. The oldest had this DS that took pictures and he was snapping pics all over the place to rub into his father's face who has never been to the house, either. I showed them this site some but didn't even get halfway through my custom thread before it was time for them to go.

Man, I am glad to be back to work. I had been missing the stuff. Ebay has slowed down a bit but I still sold 4-6 things this week.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2009, 04:06:14 AM »
I am pooped. 5 straight weeks back to work and the bank account is looking better but I am tired.
Found out three days ago that my annuity account took a 13k hit, last year and I hate to think what kind of a hit it has taken this far, this year. If I had the choice, I would withdraw the whole remaining sum, pay off the house and start over.
As the week continues to not improve, I found out yesterday that my training school has no record of the OSHA training course that I took 13 years ago. That means that I get to look forward to a ten hour seminar that I won't get paid to attend on some future Saturday.
I am to go to the lake, this weekend, to get some fishing time in at least.
Sheesh!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #205 on: July 30, 2009, 06:38:33 AM »
Daggone Clint, you are getting it this week. Sorry guy! I hate to do something again when I know I have done it before. I hear you on the annuity, daggone bad news that is too.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2009, 07:41:04 AM »
Go catch a few big ones mate and chill out......need to relax..... O0

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #207 on: July 30, 2009, 08:07:23 AM »
Go catch a few big ones mate and chill out......need to relax..... O0
ain't that the truth! I could go for about two weeks of the carribian right now, mate.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2009, 04:56:04 AM »
Wow it has been a while since I posted here.
It is getting colder and I am looking at 46 degrees f to start today. I have my long underwear on and a sweatshirt. Things are looking to slow down at work in the near future by the sound of things. I am to start a 10 day vacation at the lake this Friday and can't wait. I do have one project to attend to when I am there in the form of 60 ft worth of stairs going down the hillside twards the parents dock.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2009, 10:46:52 AM »
It must be nice having the skills to build stuff, I envy ya, :)

we're taking bids on remodeling the kid's bathroom, one guy said "anyone with a little no how could knock this out in three days.>>"

And he didn't finish with "but you'll pay for it!"

LOL