Author Topic: My Hoth WIP Updated w/Video Link Pg. 5  (Read 45670 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: My Hoth WIP Updated w/Video Link Pg. 5
« Reply #300 on: August 22, 2012, 02:55:44 AM »
Daggone Barry! I just had to use the classic line for the title on the front page.

Love that shield generator. Do tell how you made that!

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #301 on: August 22, 2012, 10:32:15 AM »
I've been following this one since you first posted it. DAMN is this awesome.  Next level work.

I also show a picture of your dio to my wife from time to time to remind her that my idea of BMF-in-our-coffee-table is not as space consuming as it could be! ;)  Thanks for helping me out on that indirectly :) :)

The lit smoke clouds are genius and the shield generator is awesome.  Thanks so much for sharing!!

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #302 on: August 22, 2012, 03:14:03 PM »
I don't know I think you need more snow....or maybe more room to make the entire planet

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #303 on: August 23, 2012, 07:59:30 AM »
WOW! The generator look's awesome! ;D ;D

Thanks so much, Mando Assasin! You're always so kind. I really appreciate your time and nice words.

Brilliant work!!!!............. this is really growing! :)
 Love the generators!  ;D
What are they?
 Id have probably used some old plastic  Weights? LOL!   ;)

Thank you sir! I used cheap Frisbees, cut in half, hot glued together and spray painted. Cool idea. Thanks!

Mate this is without a doubt one of the most amazing dio's that I have seen in a very very long time. The things I really like about this dio is that there is so much action going on and I've checked it out 3 times alreday and have seen something different each time.

The dio itself is very well laid out you have a great eye very putting items into area's to make it there own little scenes even thou the dio is on a larger scale. The details are also amazing from the snow to the the smoke plumes 10/10.

Ron

Thank you so very much, Ron. Love your work. As you know, I've named all of my children after you. Thanks again, mate!

Any plans making the interior of the base?

Not really. Possibly some Action Fleet stuff inside, but mostly I just wanna do the North Entrance to Echo Base. The other interior sections have been done so well by people like Spookymufu, I couldn't dare do that justice.

Insane.

Thanks!

This is crazy.....and I love it. Not sure I have ever seen anything as good. Probably not.:)

Thanks so much!

Daggone Barry! I just had to use the classic line for the title on the front page.

Thank you so much, Shawn! I used some 9" cheap Frisbees, cut it half, glues and painted. Too small though. Looked at some 14" oil pans ($3 each/need 4). Just spoke with the Walmart deli. They have party platters that are 18" ($2.50 each). I'll have to check those out. I prefer 24" ideally.
Thanks again!

I've been following this one since you first posted it. DAMN is this awesome.  Next level work.

I also show a picture of your dio to my wife from time to time to remind her that my idea of BMF-in-our-coffee-table is not as space consuming as it could be! ;)  Thanks for helping me out on that indirectly :) :)

The lit smoke clouds are genius and the shield generator is awesome.  Thanks so much for sharing!!

Thank you so very much! I appreciate all of your kind words! :)

I don't know I think you need more snow....or maybe more room to make the entire planet

You're absolutely right. I'm up to over 150 lbs of "snow" so far, and could use another 100, lol. I have some other ideas for other parts of the planet......

Thanks again eveyone!!!!!

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #304 on: August 23, 2012, 08:09:21 AM »
WOW! The generator look's awesome! ;D ;D

Thanks so much, Mando Assasin! You're always so kind. I really appreciate your time and nice words.

Brilliant work!!!!............. this is really growing! :)
 Love the generators!  ;D
What are they?
 Id have probably used some old plastic  Weights? LOL!   ;)

Thank you sir! I used cheap Frisbees, cut in half, hot glued together and spray painted. Cool idea. Thanks!

Mate this is without a doubt one of the most amazing dio's that I have seen in a very very long time. The things I really like about this dio is that there is so much action going on and I've checked it out 3 times alreday and have seen something different each time.

The dio itself is very well laid out you have a great eye very putting items into area's to make it there own little scenes even thou the dio is on a larger scale. The details are also amazing from the snow to the the smoke plumes 10/10.

Ron

Thank you so very much, Ron. Love your work. As you know, I've named all of my children after you. Thanks again, mate!

Any plans making the interior of the base?

Not really. Possibly some Action Fleet stuff inside, but mostly I just wanna do the North Entrance to Echo Base. The other interior sections have been done so well by people like Spookymufu, I couldn't dare do that justice.

Insane.

Thanks!

This is crazy.....and I love it. Not sure I have ever seen anything as good. Probably not.:)

Thanks so much!

Thank you so much, Shawn! I used some 9" cheap Frisbees, cut it half, glues and painted. Too small though. Looked at some 14" oil pans ($3 each/need 4). Just spoke with the Walmart deli. They have party platters that are 18" ($2.50 each). I'll have to check those out. I prefer 24" ideally.
Thanks again!

Thank you so very much! I appreciate all of your kind words! :)

You're absolutely right. I'm up to over 150 lbs of "snow" so far, and could use another 100, lol. I have some other ideas for other parts of the planet......

Thanks again eveyone!!!!!

No Problemo Barry! Your work is stunning and deserves to be recognized! ;D ;D xwing 0/// ;D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #305 on: August 30, 2012, 10:33:35 AM »
Thanks again, Mando Assasin!

Fresh pix of the shield generator.....

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline CloneCommander Buy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #306 on: August 30, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »
O my god. That is just incredable. you have one very nice diorama. I would love to have something like this. You have done a great job. I would love to see it in person. That thing is Hugh.  [at1]

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
« Reply #307 on: August 30, 2012, 12:27:49 PM »
Frisbees! Now thats my type of thinking! Love it! Look great too! Brill work :)

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
« Reply #308 on: August 30, 2012, 01:20:29 PM »
Holy crap! That is awesome! ;D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #309 on: August 31, 2012, 06:37:35 AM »
Thanks so much everyone!

Some other pix....

WIP pix...

Here is another angle. Apologies for the sheet backdrop....

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline CloneCommander Buy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #310 on: August 31, 2012, 07:30:10 AM »
LOL, That is just simply to COOL!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #311 on: August 31, 2012, 10:59:50 AM »
Star Wars Celebration 7 needs to take place at your house! This is the most amazing diorama to ever exist, bar none. I am including all the toy company displays that I have seen since 1995 as well. Bary, you are my hero.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
« Reply #312 on: August 31, 2012, 01:35:25 PM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #313 on: August 31, 2012, 04:31:11 PM »
Daggone Barry. I hope my comments on the front page do this justice. Thanks for sharing this with us. Talk about inspiration.

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #314 on: August 31, 2012, 05:44:36 PM »
YES! This is awesome, love the plastic diner plates for the generator.