Author Topic: Buying and Selling on Ebay  (Read 15356 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Buying and Selling on Ebay
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2011, 07:59:34 PM »
Daggone, this one is either a really good deal or a hand wringer. How can anyone ship for free worldwide and airmail at that?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2011, 08:00:48 PM »
Daggone, this one is either a really good deal or a hand wringer. How can anyone ship for free worldwide and airmail at that?

And no, I have never seen one auction that will list multiple formats like that. I guess the only way you could do that is if the shipping was the same though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2011, 08:02:48 PM »

I have never seen anything like that. Do they all come up one dollar and seventy cents?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2011, 10:58:05 PM »
No, you click on the selection bar, make your choice, and the price changes with the item. Weird, huh?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2011, 06:07:43 AM »
Very wierd. I just hope ebay doesn't end up getting any wierder than it already is.

Speaking of ebay, I will relate a story I had when some auctions were going off this past weekend. I had one buyer who sent me a message asking me to remove buyer requirements. Not really knowing what the heck that was I looked at the auction listing as I usually use the defaults and saw that even though this guy had 100 percent feedback he had two ebay didn't pay strikes and 4 other violations in 6 months. He admitted to me he had some issues, but wanted to bid on my auctions. He sent me over 14 messages on ebay before I told him if I got one more message I was reporting him. Talk about a nut, but the point is even if a buyer does have a 100% feedback score it doesn't really mean anything. Shouldn't things like that show up in their feedback score or at the very least there be a note left there. I think the whole ebay feedback thing is a joke.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2011, 07:34:31 AM »
I assume since a buyer can't be left a bad feedback that all of them will have 100%

It would be nice if the unpaid item strikes were displayed next to their name though.

I wonder if you block a buyer will it block their messages as well?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2011, 08:00:50 AM »
Thats a good point, I need to go back and block that dude.

Clint do you change the buyer requirements from the standard defualt when you create your auctions?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2011, 09:41:09 AM »
Thats a good point, I need to go back and block that dude.

Clint do you change the buyer requirements from the standard defualt when you create your auctions?
Yep, you can modify those parameters using the seller preferences page.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2011, 12:30:33 PM »
I know you can, but do you?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2011, 04:03:40 PM »
I know you can, but do you?
I don't change them for every auction but have a seller preference set as far as the parameters that a buyer must meet.
Stuff like, must have paypal, can't have had two unpaid it strikes in the last month, I think that you can set a minimum amount of feedback points that a buyer must have to bid on your auction.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2011, 06:54:45 PM »
Ok, gotta vent again before I type something stupid to a buyer.

I had an auction go for ninety nine cents. I have sent two message and an invoice and still no payment. I send another message today that I am gonna let ebay figure this all out and he sends a message back that he won't have the money until Monday to pay for a .99 center. He wanted me to lower the price. On a ninety nine cent auction for two figures brand new in mint packaging!

I just sent a note back stating that if I did that I would be paying him to take the figures and that I actually try to sell on ebay to try and make my cost of what I paid for back on the figures. I just couldn't believe it. I think ebay is going south real quick and the morality of the world along with it.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2011, 07:29:19 PM »
The only way to cancel that auction is to click on that option and hope that the buyer clicks onto the email that he gets on his end. If you were to do that, you should send him a separate email to explain what you are doing.

Heck, if he agrees to cancel, I'll buy em from you.

Spookymufu

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2011, 08:09:50 PM »
Ok, gotta vent again before I type something stupid to a buyer.

I had an auction go for ninety nine cents. I have sent two message and an invoice and still no payment. I send another message today that I am gonna let ebay figure this all out and he sends a message back that he won't have the money until Monday to pay for a .99 center. He wanted me to lower the price. On a ninety nine cent auction for two figures brand new in mint packaging!

I just sent a note back stating that if I did that I would be paying him to take the figures and that I actually try to sell on ebay to try and make my cost of what I paid for back on the figures. I just couldn't believe it. I think ebay is going south real quick and the morality of the world along with it.

just curious, what figures were they?

I always start my auctions with the least amount I'm willing to accept and then let it bid up from there...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2011, 05:36:32 AM »
They were tac obi-wan kenobis.

Heck, I ain't worried about getting rich and giving people deals is fine with me and I know some figures are more popular than others. I just couldn't believe this tool wanted me to offer a further discount on an already out of this world steal. He says he is gonna pay by Monday. If not, I am doing just what you talked about Clint.

I have a new set of auctions up and now wonder what junk I will have to deal with this time. I guess it is a good thing I am not in any retail business. I would get fired for yelling at the buyers and showcasing their bright intelligences.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2011, 08:14:58 AM »
Well, maybe you won't have to worry about that on a couple of the current listings!!  (seeing as I'm the bidder...)

Ask Ack/Must. Sentry
Cat Miin/Passel Argente