Author Topic: Don's Custom Star Wars Figures  (Read 110374 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Chuckles' Custom Figures
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2019, 03:15:56 AM »
Very nice. Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2019, 04:25:52 AM »
I think to sum up all your customs I haven't commented on, yet (sorry for my late reply btw) is:
The amount and quality of your projects are just overwhelming. Heck, I check by on here almost every day and I cannot even keep pace to your new content! Just incredible! And I'm very thankful that you share all this here! It's most inspiring to see such pro work in 1/18 scale!
At first glance I thought the shoulder piece of that Sith Marauder could be from TAC Evolutions Dart Bane, but I was wrong. But I'll keep my eyes open for GI Joe figures from now on. There are so many useful parts out there which I haven't discovered, yet.
I find it most impressive which (even rare) figures you use for your kit-bashes! And the variety of accessories you use for them is remarable as well. In short: I'm another big fan of yours!

I'm very looking forward to seeing your Kethanna crowded with your custom figures! It will be a true fest!
Thank you so much for being with us on here!

Most respect from Germany & have a great weekend!

- Philipp

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2019, 11:10:09 AM »
Nice work, as always.  You are building a cool looking crew.  And I like the paint job on the Critter/Crite.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2019, 08:11:49 PM »
Again thanks for all the kind words!

A bunch of these are old; some are 10 or 15 year old customs, but the past year I have been more active building; we had an extra teenager living with us (wife's nephew), since he's been gone I have a home office (nerd room) with room to organize parts, build and paint figures, photograph and share old customs, and I can finally build the dio-shelf I've been imagining for years. 
Whenever there are "rare" parts in one of my custom figures it's because I got the figure at retail back in the day, or because I found them cheap at a local geek swap.

Speaking of old custom figures. Here's one of my oldest! This figure has to be 18 or 19 years old! I swapped Tarkin's lower body with a POTF2 Motti to give POTF2 Tarkin a better "skirt". This is STILL my go-to Tarkin figure because I missed the 2012 Vintage Collection Tarkin (the prequel Tarkin is crap), and I can't afford an aftermarket 2012 Vintage one.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2019, 06:27:49 AM »
Looks pretty good to me. Man, the good ole days when the shelves and the pegs were full of stuff all the time. Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2019, 06:43:14 AM »
Hello there! What an excellent head swap this still is today! Wow, 19 years...where'd all the time go?
The skirt of Motti looks awesome on our favorite Grand Moff! Great idea as always!
Have a great Sunday everyone!

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2019, 08:29:39 AM »
There are a few projects in view, but probably no spoilers. Here's a shot of my workbench.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2019, 09:19:35 AM »
Awesome! I absolutely LOVE pictures like these! That's definitely a place where you can do some magic! I can see an IG-11 project and maybe the next Weequay/Nikto body being used for your next custom of Jabba's goons? I'll post a picture of my re-installed "workbench" shortly, too!

You bring us much to look forward to! Thank you.

- Philipp

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2019, 12:18:00 PM »
Awesome! I absolutely LOVE pictures like these! That's definitely a place where you can do some magic! I can see an IG-11 project and maybe the next Weequay/Nikto body being used for your next custom of Jabba's goons? I'll post a picture of my re-installed "workbench" shortly, too!

You bring us much to look forward to! Thank you.

- Philipp

Yeah, I love seeing other people's workbench setup so definitely post yours! I have some plans to improve mine, but the budget keeps progress slow. The garage workbench had budget priority so I do have a nice space for larger projects (with a nearby beer-fridge) out in the garage, but it can be cold, or hot in the garage, and I sometimes have to compete for space with my wife's crafty projects.
Next thing the garage needs is a spray booth for airbrushing.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 07:49:47 PM by Chuckles »

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2019, 12:25:16 PM »
Here are a couple fun and easy head-swap customs.

A Marauder head, and I don't remember where the replacement belt and cloak came from make this Anya Kuro (The Dark Woman) comic book custom. (Really easy head-swap just fit.)

And a just-for-fun Duro general. (Inspired by Gar Stazi from the Legacy comics.)
(Had to cut off the old style neck-peg, and dremel into the head to make it sit on the new style chest-mounted neck ball joint.)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 12:53:25 PM by Chuckles »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2019, 12:46:24 AM »
Nice head swaps! I really like the Gar Stazi inspired figure.

Also, it's great to see old customs - the ones that got us started - so thanjs for sharing.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 12:29:11 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2019, 04:15:24 AM »
Yeah, both look good. I really like that Gal.

I like your work space too. I so need to get something like this downstairs in my work room. I like how everything is neat and organized and that mini-fridge!

Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2019, 05:59:24 PM »
Awesome figures, especially for just being head swaps. I especially like the Anya kuro. I like your work stations. When I move, I need to set up a good station.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2019, 03:31:17 AM »
Wow, that's a solid workbench in your garage, Chuckles! It's also great to hear that your wife is also making crafts - very creative couple there!
I also added a picture of my workbench - at least of how it looks now. Essential things like a new lamp are to be replaced:
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=3139.msg214581#msg214581

Now, these are two more excellent custom figures - as said before. I agree with Starchaser: Going back to the roots is always a good journey especially when you're looking for new ideas.
So is that female Marauder head from a G.I. Joe figure?
I can see a TFU II Galen Marek body there for the Duro general. Nice use of Mara Jade, too! That's one brilliant use for TBS figures on clearance - especially if we get those fairly expensive figures with photo real update. It seems repacks is all we get from Hasbro in The Rep...Vintage Collection now.
This makes me appreciate customizing even more with every sunrise!

Thanks for all the great pics to look at! Your art is pure delicacy!
Nice orange juice, too!
Cheers!

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2019, 04:09:43 AM »
Had to get the images of your work stations on the front pages.