Author Topic: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 02/12/2013 - 15 - JUSTICE, PART FOUR  (Read 60700 times)

Offline artilarytrooper321

• Commander
  • take that techno-union ship down men
awesome

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Kualan, I am increasingly feeling that these pieces of work barely get the recognition they deserve, and your web-comic is a case and point.

I am totally immersed in your story, and the graphics are consistently srunning. I am amazed at the speed you churn these out, the quality is beyond enything else I've seen.

A superb episode...

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
It would be nice to get our work 'out there' a little more, I agree, whether they be webcomics like yours and mine or fanfiction or graphic artwork, etc. I'm not really sure what 'channels' there are to go through in order to do so though - at the minute I only post the comic here, have a small advert on thewebcomiclist.com, and a mention on theforce.net forums.

Still, as long as the people who do manage to find it like what they see, I'll keep making them :) It's a hobby rather than a living after all, so enjoyment in creating something is my main motivation.

Thank you for the ongoing support, guys. So much was pushed out of this issue and into the next for time reasons I may have to make it a Siege of Dorin Quadrilogy instead of a Trilogy as originally planned :P

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
I know one thing, if there is anything you guys can think of we can do as a Site to get these more recognition I am all ears.

I know one thing, if Jules or you could make me a 120 by 120 pixel button I surely could get em linked to our front page for folks that might see this there.

Offline damonsfast

• Ensign
your web comics are awesome i cant wait tell next one O0

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
Sean, a button link to the Photonovel forum would be great!

Part of me thinks that this genre is very undervalued, yet on the other side of the coin if people aren't too interested in the forum what is the point trying to force it down their necks.

I must admit that the lack of comments and reply's has taken some of the fun out of the creative process, but that won't stop me from continuing, and I hope that Kualan will stick with it too!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Well, having spent an hour just to make a simple button for ToyFair I can attest and semi understand how hard it would be to even remotely create something like this.

I coun't customizing like this every bit as important as the figures or scratch builds or dioramas or all of the other great work here. I am just amazed at the imagery and the storylines both of you have created. I too wish there was something more as a Site we could do to promote these. Rest assured these works will be saved and remembered long after they have been finished as long as I am around and I am planning to stick around for a good long time.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
Sean,

That is very good of you! I certainly appreciate it....

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
a button to the photonovel section is a good start to spread the word about this special works, but I think they should be presented on a website, just like Hangarbay created one for himself, with chapter-to-chaper links and/or PF downloads. Its hard to read them within the threads with all the comments and replies between the chapters. Don't get me wrong, the posting here is for the feeedback and its very important for the creative process (at least thats how I see it), but to create more audience and offer easy access a seperate website would be the option to go with, maybe a derivate or partner page of the yards...

and please, to everybody, keep up your stunning work, keep the fun of creating them in your heart, follow your ideas and visions, there is always an audience who will responde to your work and like it, especially here at the yards, share your works, your thoughts and joy and to share joy is to double it.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
I must admit that the lack of comments and reply's has taken some of the fun out of the creative process, but that won't stop me from continuing, and I hope that Kualan will stick with it too!

Indeed I shall!

Well, having spent an hour just to make a simple button for ToyFair I can attest and semi understand how hard it would be to even remotely create something like this.

I coun't customizing like this every bit as important as the figures or scratch builds or dioramas or all of the other great work here. I am just amazed at the imagery and the storylines both of you have created. I too wish there was something more as a Site we could do to promote these. Rest assured these works will be saved and remembered long after they have been finished as long as I am around and I am planning to stick around for a good long time.
Sean,

That is very good of you! I certainly appreciate it....

As do I, it's truly wonderful to have such a supportive site behind these pieces of work.

a button to the photonovel section is a good start to spread the word about this special works, but I think they should be presented on a website, just like Hangarbay created one for himself, with chapter-to-chaper links and/or PF downloads. Its hard to read them within the threads with all the comments and replies between the chapters. Don't get me wrong, the posting here is for the feeedback and its very important for the creative process (at least thats how I see it), but to create more audience and offer easy access a seperate website would be the option to go with, maybe a derivate or partner page of the yards...

and please, to everybody, keep up your stunning work, keep the fun of creating them in your heart, follow your ideas and visions, there is always an audience who will responde to your work and like it, especially here at the yards, share your works, your thoughts and joy and to share joy is to double it.

At the moment I do have a site (in my forum signature), but I admit it could do with sprucing up to a more 'webcomic'-like format; at the moment each issue is simply posted into a separate photo album, whereas I know most people prefer the layouts that more closely resemble an actual comic book. I'll have to look into finding such a format and applying it to the website. Does anybody have any recommendations?

And thank you all for the kind words regarding this volume; I hope it continues to impress!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:47:35 AM by Kualan »

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
I've knocked up a quick 120x120 button for the Graphic Fiction section; I can tweak the design/font/etc if you guys have any preferences.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Cool button for the graphic fiction section.

Any chance you could make something similar for your Tales from the Clone Wars GF?

I do agree with Art de Whil's take on the forums and loosing the work through the comments, but don't forget that there is also a completed works section here too that is locked so no comments are made and you can see everything in its entirety.

I will also admit that having an Imperial Library section where these works are housed under an Imperial Shipyards umbrella, so to speak, is just an excellent idea and if you guys will make the graphics I will committ to doing the coding for them. I would also like to develop a panel of the Graphic Artists here and have them judge new entries for membership into the Imperial Library section. I always have more dreams and dreams, but they thats why we created this place.

Love your signature banner to by the way Kualan.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral

Thought your avatar might need some Tales from the Clone Wars! Not as good as your style, but I like it.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
Shawn, that button is on the money! Only thing I'd change is I'd flatten the text as it looks slightly too long...

I also love the Avatar you've created for Kualan!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Thanks for the cool avatar Tamer!

I've flattened the text on the GF button and produced a TFTCW one; hope they're acceptable!

EDIT:

I will also admit that having an Imperial Library section where these works are housed under an Imperial Shipyards umbrella, so to speak, is just an excellent idea and if you guys will make the graphics I will committ to doing the coding for them. I would also like to develop a panel of the Graphic Artists here and have them judge new entries for membership into the Imperial Library section. I always have more dreams and dreams, but they thats why we created this place.

That's a very cool idea, and I'm all up for contributing graphic work to it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 06:29:49 AM by Kualan »