Author Topic: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 02/12/2013 - 15 - JUSTICE, PART FOUR  (Read 60755 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 14/11/2013 - 13 - JUSTICE, PART TWO
« Reply #480 on: November 14, 2013, 02:55:41 AM »
Wow. Great chapter. Let me go share this and I will be back with more comments later.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 14/11/2013 - 13 - JUSTICE, PART TWO
« Reply #481 on: November 14, 2013, 10:12:31 AM »
Amazing chapter! what can you tell me about the guy on the cover?

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #482 on: November 14, 2013, 10:24:39 AM »
Wow. Great chapter. Let me go share this and I will be back with more comments later.

Thanks Tamer!

Amazing chapter! what can you tell me about the guy on the cover?

Thanks ghostskull18. That character's name is Major Thorne, and he works for the shadier side of Republic Military Intelligence. He's cruel and utterly without scruples - the perfect man to head an interrogation unit, some might say. He very much falls into the 'Tarkin camp' of the Republic military.

His role in Volume Three is largely contained to this issue, but he and the rest of Military Intelligence will likely player a larger role in Volume Four - similar to how Tarkin and the Mandalorians of Clan Varad made smaller appearances in Volume Two before taking centre stage during Volume Three.

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #483 on: November 14, 2013, 11:08:41 AM »
Simply spectacular Kuulan, a truly enjoying read!!! Your series continues to explore the dark underbelly of the Republic, something I think the CW television show should have done more.  Major Thorne is a wonderful character, I think it is a great idea to show more of the Tarkin camp of the Republic military, after all in the end they take over from honorable men like Yuralaren and Dondana. As always, your writing for Dooku and Palpatine is spot on. You make the characters come to life with your authentic writing style, not an easy task. Your visuals are on par with HangarBay94 (the highest compliment I can bestow) you both couple eye candy with snappy writing to create memorable series. I anxiously await the next chapter and must sincerely thank you for the time and effort spent on this wonderful series. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #484 on: November 15, 2013, 03:31:57 AM »
I really enjoyed all the going back and forth between the different storylines in this one. Of course I enjoyed the OT nods on the Tatooine scenes and it is great to see TCW characters like Cad Bane continuing their mischief even if the tv show is over. Bravo all the way around. I look forward to seeing what Vos gets into with our Mando Gal prisoner too. I don't see Major Thorne letting that go easily. Once again great story and great images. I gave this a shout out last night on the latest episode of Custom Action Figure News.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #485 on: November 15, 2013, 06:21:25 AM »
Awesome new chapter! I love the mando action! Very nice panels and plot!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #486 on: November 18, 2013, 03:15:22 AM »
Simply spectacular Kuulan, a truly enjoying read!!! Your series continues to explore the dark underbelly of the Republic, something I think the CW television show should have done more.  Major Thorne is a wonderful character, I think it is a great idea to show more of the Tarkin camp of the Republic military, after all in the end they take over from honorable men like Yuralaren and Dondana. As always, your writing for Dooku and Palpatine is spot on. You make the characters come to life with your authentic writing style, not an easy task. Your visuals are on par with HangarBay94 (the highest compliment I can bestow) you both couple eye candy with snappy writing to create memorable series. I anxiously await the next chapter and must sincerely thank you for the time and effort spent on this wonderful series. 

Thanks very much CloneCrazy. Glad to hear you think the characters are coming across true to their movie selves.

I really enjoyed all the going back and forth between the different storylines in this one. Of course I enjoyed the OT nods on the Tatooine scenes and it is great to see TCW characters like Cad Bane continuing their mischief even if the tv show is over. Bravo all the way around. I look forward to seeing what Vos gets into with our Mando Gal prisoner too. I don't see Major Thorne letting that go easily. Once again great story and great images. I gave this a shout out last night on the latest episode of Custom Action Figure News.

The shout-out is much appreciated Tamer! I heard you saying you were looking forward to Tales From The New Republic. I may have to disappoint you on that front, though. It struck me that with Episode VII coming out in two years time, everything we believe to have happened after Return of the Jedi may be about to have a huge shake-up, and it might be a little pointless for me to release a webcomic series that could be rendered completely at odds with the new canon.

As such, I'm going to hold off on investing more time in rebuilding the work done on TFTNR for now, until next year at the very earliest - when we start getting a clearer picture of what the status quo is going to be in the new trilogy. For all we know, there might not even -be- a New Republic!

Tales From The Clone Wars Volume Four will still be happening though.

Awesome new chapter! I love the mando action! Very nice panels and plot!

Thanks Sprywalker!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #487 on: November 18, 2013, 03:23:18 AM »
Awww Man!!!!!

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #488 on: November 18, 2013, 12:58:11 PM »
After finally finding the time to sit down and read your latest chapter I have to say that once again you have done a superb job.

It's hard not to repeat myself singing your praise but this is a consistently high quality read, you had me hooked from the start and you have sustained that interest. This latest chapter was superbly written, your switching between locations was wonderfully executed and the camera angles as the scenes switched created a very cinematic experience.  The whole package of writing and imagery work perfectly and you have become a real craftsman at weaving a story.

I am intrigued as to which side Vos is really on and the Ventress story line is also really interesting. I also really enjoy reading Obi-Wan's and Dookoo's dialogue, you have them both down to a tee, interesting as both are very British actors and I can hear their voices in my head as I read.

As a Star Wars fan you are adding to the experience with every new release and I thank you for all of your hard work.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #489 on: November 18, 2013, 03:38:44 PM »
Just caught up with the last 2 chapters and loving it! Thanks for all the hard work and great stories you re giving us. It really helps keep the clone wars alive for us fans. I loved the ender of this last chapter with Vos behind the mask, great idea!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #490 on: November 21, 2013, 01:30:49 AM »
Superb! I'm thoroughly enjoying these chapters !
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #491 on: November 22, 2013, 01:45:21 PM »
Awww Man!!!!!

Sorry to let you down Tamer!

After finally finding the time to sit down and read your latest chapter I have to say that once again you have done a superb job.

It's hard not to repeat myself singing your praise but this is a consistently high quality read, you had me hooked from the start and you have sustained that interest. This latest chapter was superbly written, your switching between locations was wonderfully executed and the camera angles as the scenes switched created a very cinematic experience.  The whole package of writing and imagery work perfectly and you have become a real craftsman at weaving a story.

I am intrigued as to which side Vos is really on and the Ventress story line is also really interesting. I also really enjoy reading Obi-Wan's and Dookoo's dialogue, you have them both down to a tee, interesting as both are very British actors and I can hear their voices in my head as I read.

As a Star Wars fan you are adding to the experience with every new release and I thank you for all of your hard work.

Thanks a lot mate! I must admit the very 'British' characters (Dooku, Obi-Wan, Tarkin, etc) are often my favourites to write for.

Just caught up with the last 2 chapters and loving it! Thanks for all the hard work and great stories you re giving us. It really helps keep the clone wars alive for us fans. I loved the ender of this last chapter with Vos behind the mask, great idea!

Vos doesn't seem to be able to stay on one side for very long, does he? :P

Superb! I'm thoroughly enjoying these chapters !

Thanks wraith!

For all:

The plan is to conclude Volume Three in the next two issues - it *might* overrun to three, but I'm hoping to keep the story concise enough that this won't be necessary.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #492 on: November 24, 2013, 10:32:58 AM »
EDIT: Full issue now below.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:28:23 AM by Kualan »

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #493 on: November 25, 2013, 10:31:30 AM »
Volume Three Issue Fourteen - Justice, Part Three!

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
Awesome Chapter!