Author Topic: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 02/12/2013 - 15 - JUSTICE, PART FOUR  (Read 60678 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Wow, ole Tarkin sure did show his true colors. True to canon story line, I like that. Just another great episode. You keep cranking them out too.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
oooohhhhhh yes!

Kualan you are the MAN! your creative writing is going from strength to strength, the dialogue couldn't be more authentic if it had come from Lucas himself. I read both this and the previous chapters in one go and I really felt inspired.

I cannot stress how highly I regard your dialogue, there really is some clever interplay and some superb stand alone quotes, the whole thing is an absolute delight.

This series is now officially the Jewel of the forums.

I'll be putting this on the front page asap.

Thanks for the front page treatment man!

And wow, those are some kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying the dialogue so much, it means I'm doing my job right haha. Pretty interesting how certain word and phrase choices can make all the difference when reading something in a character's particular "voice".

Wow, ole Tarkin sure did show his true colors. True to canon story line, I like that. Just another great episode. You keep cranking them out too.

I think the recent finale/cancellation of TCW has just made me more determined to work on this comic. I need my Clone Wars fix, heh.

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
This was far and away your best chapter yet! You remain so authentic to the characters and epic struggle of light and dark  ()rr It is always a true joy to read your work!!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
I wouldn't mind seeing Anakin knock his lightsaber off Tarkin's head.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
This was far and away your best chapter yet! You remain so authentic to the characters and epic struggle of light and dark  ()rr It is always a true joy to read your work!!!

Thanks man! Glad that you're enjoying it. Hopefully you'll like what's to come.

I wouldn't mind seeing Anakin knock his lightsaber off Tarkin's head.

I think Anakin would agree with you there, heh.

--

No need to front page this (you guys already do more than enough on that front :D) but here's a few WIP screenshots of the 3D environment I'm working on for the next issue. I've never made an environment completely from scratch before, so this should be an interesting learning experience. It is inspired by a military base seen in the finale of the last season of TCW;

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
Mega awesome man!!! :o :o :o

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Absolutely superb work!

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
These are amazing  stories with dazzling images.  Too bad TCW is over.  They should have hired you.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
These are amazing  stories with dazzling images.  Too bad TCW is over.  They should have hired you.

Thanks for the kind words!

--

Finished the Republic military base, this is the final result:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:52:56 AM by Kualan »

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
holy moley!!!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Thats a lot of tanks!

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Love the red Imperial banners adds a WW2 feel.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Glad you guys like the look of it.

Issue Ten is taking a little while longer as I keep tweaking the script for it, and I've caught up in the vibe of making original content for the comic; the Republic Citadel isn't the only newly-created locale you'll see as the volume progresses. I think I've been hit by the same bug that drives awesome customisers like wraithnine - made over a dozen new 3D models for made-up clone commanders and the soldiers under their command in the past couple of days, as well as new Jedi, Republic officers and even a brand new model for a certain bald-headed Dark Jedi-turned-bounty hunter who might be making an appearance soon...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
That is awesome news. I didn't get that awesome Ch. 10 pic on the front page. That problem has since been rectified.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Volume Three, Issue Ten!

I didn't realise until I was done, but I think this issue has more cameos in it than any previous issue. Hope you enjoy!

Feedback welcome!