Author Topic: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 02/12/2013 - 15 - JUSTICE, PART FOUR  (Read 60682 times)

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Is Recoil really dead? Are you related to David Filoni? Alas I know its war and have to get over it I guess.

At least I know ole Kastrofa is gonna get his due when he faced Kenobi.

Kualan my friend, you spin a fine yarn and daggone your pics are nice too. Thank you so much for sharing this with us and you are ofcourse on the front page.

Haha, would you be surprised if I said I was inspired by Echo's demise in the Citadel trilogy? I think that proved that character deaths are far more effective when they're sudden and unexpected, and more realistic when it happens without a lot of build-up and fanfare. A clone's life is a perilous one after all. I'm afraid Recoil is most definitely dead though. I'll miss writing for him.

On the other hand, I hope his death has had the effect I hoped it would and got you all hating Kastrofa even more. Nothing makes a good villain like being universally despised by the audience ;)

Thanks for the ongoing front page treatment Tamer!

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
i really like this chapter, just read it again  ;D ;)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Kulan, you are such a skilled being! I can understand everyones heart strings being pulled but understand that is exactly what you want to do with these stories. As you said it makes us hate Kastropha, so you have done your job perfectly. I also let out that big "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" but read on and with that last frame thought, man that was so perfect! A very stimulating chapter, hats off to you and thanks for sharing this with us.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Kualan....what a fantastic chapter, from the well thought out camera angles to the tight script, everything was polished as hell. The way you have presented this makes it so easy to follow and so much fun to read. It was sad to see Recoil killed, but the scene was wonderfully written and perfectly placed, and what an amazing cliff hanger!

I thoroughly enjoyed this and think you have a career doing something creative ahead of you as you have some amazing talents.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
i really like this chapter, just read it again  ;D ;)

Heh, glad to hear it :D

Kulan, you are such a skilled being! I can understand everyones heart strings being pulled but understand that is exactly what you want to do with these stories. As you said it makes us hate Kastropha, so you have done your job perfectly. I also let out that big "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" but read on and with that last frame thought, man that was so perfect! A very stimulating chapter, hats off to you and thanks for sharing this with us.

Thanks LS! Hopefully the finale issues will live up to the cliffhanger in the last one. Pretty much everything but the kitchen sink is going into it - massive space battles, lightsaber duels, bounty hunters, smugglers, some political intrigue...the list goes on! I just hope I do it justice, heh.

Kualan....what a fantastic chapter, from the well thought out camera angles to the tight script, everything was polished as hell. The way you have presented this makes it so easy to follow and so much fun to read. It was sad to see Recoil killed, but the scene was wonderfully written and perfectly placed, and what an amazing cliff hanger!

I thoroughly enjoyed this and think you have a career doing something creative ahead of you as you have some amazing talents.

Cheers hangarbay! I'm glad people are finding it easy to follow, when I started Volume Two I was worried I was including too much in the plot for people to keep up with, but the story seems to have been well-received here and elsewhere so that's a relief!

In other news, I've upgraded the domain name of the main site to www.talesfromtheclonewars.com . The old name - www.starwarscomic.webs.com - will still work so this shouldn't affect links or anything from the past.

I may post some new teasers over the next few days for the finale issues, which will officially be called "ARMAGEDDON" now. :)

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
When will the next issue be posted?

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel

Not sure. I'm hoping to get started on it on Friday, and once "production" has begun an issue can take anywhere between one day to a week.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier

Not sure. I'm hoping to get started on it on Friday, and once "production" has begun an issue can take anywhere between one day to a week.

Very cool, any chance i'll see my jedi in there? ;) ;D

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel

The Separatists are descending on Coruscant with a dangerous superweapon...trust me, there's going to be a lot of Jedi involved in dealing with that little problem, heh ;)

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier

The Separatists are descending on Coruscant with a dangerous superweapon...trust me, there's going to be a lot of Jedi involved in dealing with that little problem, heh ;)

lol COOL!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Excellent work. The story just keeps getting better.

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME TWO 28/9/2011 Issue 11 - Breakout!
« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2011, 09:01:33 PM »
Oddly enough I think "Anomalies" or "Anomaly" might be a good title for an issue I have tentatively planned for Volume Three - mind if I steal it? ;)

Hey, just in case you didn't get my PM. Yes, you can borrow it.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Excellent work. The story just keeps getting better.

Thanks Mungo :)

Hey, just in case you didn't get my PM. Yes, you can borrow it.

Cheers!

And, as promised, here's one of the teasers for the upcoming finale. This might also serve as one of the comic "covers":

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
Awesome! ;D

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
And another I just finished. This one is less of a teaser for the finale (though it does reveal some characters who have yet to appear in Volume Two who will be major players in the finale) and more a general poster for Volume Two as a whole. The style was inspired by a poster I saw recently:

That will probably be for teasers now until after I complete the next issue - finalising the script tonight in preparation for starting work on it tomorrow!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 10:41:13 AM by Kualan »