Author Topic: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME THREE 02/12/2013 - 15 - JUSTICE, PART FOUR  (Read 60717 times)

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME TWO - Issue 8 - Turn Of The Tide!
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2011, 05:30:46 AM »
Glad you like the new style, once again credit goes to Darth Sinister and his Graphic Artwork thread for giving me the idea to use Dark Horse's template.

And...update! Production has officially begun on Issue Nine! It should be up by this weekend, but here's the cover to give you an idea of what's to come...

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME TWO - Issue 8 - Turn Of The Tide!
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2011, 01:08:48 PM »
BAD NEWS! It won't be up this weekend.

GOOD NEWS! It's up right now!

See what I did there? Some pre-April Fools' Day shenanigans...okay yeah it was pretty lame. Here's a new chapter to make up for it!

As ever, thoughts/criticisms are much appreciated. I rely on your feedback to improve so negative as well as positive comments are sought after! :)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME TWO - Issue 9 - Web of Lies!
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2011, 01:15:32 PM »
Kualan,

Nothing negative to report, this chapter was very well written, I love the way you move between the different goings on.

This is a most special piece of work...I am glued to it!

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
i really want do customs of these guys . i think i speak for all.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Straight to the Front Page!!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Another awesome chapter! Very well written and illustrated Kulan. Thanks so much for creating this great story and sharing it with us at the yards!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Wow, yet another great chapter Kualan. I see HB beat me to the fp with it too.

You have the dialogue for the characters down Pat, from Tarkin's arrogance to Obi's witty demeanor I love the writing almost as much as the graphics. I like the characters. I am always left wanting more.

Folks, you will need to check out our hyperlink page to see his actual website this is housed. Just hit the Tales from the Clone Wars link off our hyperlinks page or on his signature and go join his Site! We need to give more support to artwork and writing like this.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Straight to the Front Page!!!

Thank you!

i really want do customs of these guys . i think i speak for all.

How awesome would that be? I deliberately gave Recoil a helmetless appearance in this issue in case in the future anybody wanted to make a custom of him.

Another awesome chapter! Very well written and illustrated Kulan. Thanks so much for creating this great story and sharing it with us at the yards!

Thanks, LS. Is the story easy to follow? One of my main concerns is that I'm introducing too many subplots and supporting characters, which risk making it hard for people to keep up with what's going on.

Wow, yet another great chapter Kualan. I see HB beat me to the fp with it too.

You have the dialogue for the characters down Pat, from Tarkin's arrogance to Obi's witty demeanor I love the writing almost as much as the graphics. I like the characters. I am always left wanting more.

Folks, you will need to check out our hyperlink page to see his actual website this is housed. Just hit the Tales from the Clone Wars link off our hyperlinks page or on his signature and go join his Site! We need to give more support to artwork and writing like this.

Yes, please feel free to join the site. Unless I'm mistaken it automatically sends you a message whenever there is an update. I saw your guestbook signature the other day, Tamer - much appreciated! Glad you enjoyed the latest issue.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Kaulan, I like the new cover design. Your story is wonderful. I believe (as someone has already mentioned) that you captured the character of Obi-Wan dead on. I would imagine these graphic stories take a little time to create, so thanks for using your time to do these!

You know, I've seen similar graphic stories before here and on other sites. I hate to sound like a dope but how do you do this? Everyone probably already knows except for me. Are these screen captures that you set up in a video game? The reason I ask is because I've wanted to try my hand at this for a while and haven't a clue how to begin.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Kualan

On a technical note, for those interested - the comic is made through a combined use of Adobe Photoshop and various 3D Star Wars resources; mainly the data files and 3D models of games "Star Wars: Jedi Academy" (for the characters) and "Star Wars: Empire at War" (for the ships and vehicles).

Okay so I read some of your older posts and found this, so that answers most of what I was curious about. My next question is where are these resources? Could you post a link? I'm very interested in your art form.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Kualan

On a technical note, for those interested - the comic is made through a combined use of Adobe Photoshop and various 3D Star Wars resources; mainly the data files and 3D models of games "Star Wars: Jedi Academy" (for the characters) and "Star Wars: Empire at War" (for the ships and vehicles).

Okay so I read some of your older posts and found this, so that answers most of what I was curious about. My next question is where are these resources? Could you post a link? I'm very interested in your art form.

Sure thing! The two main resources I use are:

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/   for models/skins/maps(locations)  for the 'Jedi Academy' game. The 'Modview' software can also be found on that site.
and
http://empireatwar.filefront.com/  for the various ship and vehicles models, created for 'Empire at War'. A piece of software called 'ALO Viewer' is used for these models in the same way 'ModView' is used for the character ones.

A brief tutorial of the process can be found here:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=4980.msg78202#msg78202

The only downside is that I believe you need to own both games in question; for example positioning the character models in 'ModView' requires access to the original game's animation files. In turn, I believe a lot of the ship models require textures from 'Empire at War'.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Thanks man!

Now all I have to do is find my Academy game and load it back on my computer.

That'll be like a needle in a hay stack.

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
i sat and read all of them and may i say
FUCKING SUPERB
The story is top notch, the characters better than most of georges, a good villain and the graphics are brilliant. Truly one of the best fan fics on the site and i look forwrd to seeing more in the future. Once again my friend well done. However I must say I dont like the character of Zell she seems a little to ashoka like for my liking but over all a superb fan fic.
(Pat on the back)

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Thanks man!

Now all I have to do is find my Academy game and load it back on my computer.

That'll be like a needle in a hay stack.

No problem! Best of luck - it can be a little tricky at first getting the files into the right place (they need to be specific folders and subfolders for ModView to work) but if you have any difficulties I'll be happy to help!

i sat and read all of them and may i say
FUCKING SUPERB
The story is top notch, the characters better than most of georges, a good villain and the graphics are brilliant. Truly one of the best fan fics on the site and i look forwrd to seeing more in the future. Once again my friend well done. However I must say I dont like the character of Zell she seems a little to ashoka like for my liking but over all a superb fan fic.
(Pat on the back)

Thank you very much, republiccommando. I'm glad you mentioned that about Zell; I knew as soon as I introduced her as the temporary new Padawan of one of the main cast that there were going to be instant parallels with Ahsoka, and tried to avoid the "Mary Sue" elements by giving her a less than impressive combat record (she gets her butt handed to her twice by Kastrofa :P) but I'll work on toning it down some more in future installments. I want to try and develop her as a separate character rather than an Ahsoka clone so it's good to know if I'm not being entirely successful in that regard.

The next issue, folks, will be the long-promised and oft-delayed Luminara Unduli one-shot! It'll be linked to Zakk's predicament on Caamas, but otherwise mostly detached from the rest of the volume's plot arc. I should have a issue cover ready to post as a preview later today :)

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
A preview of Issue Ten: