Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384457 times)

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #345 on: December 09, 2010, 06:47:39 PM »
we have them here... or had them for the past 2 weeks now... just 1 left tonight. nowhere near minty either.
not of big interest to me... they do look good, but not a must buy for me..
and i have some of the figures already from the recent release.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #346 on: December 10, 2010, 05:48:52 AM »
Shawn, are you talking about the extreemly long packages with the Empire Strikes Back figures? I saw several yesterday at Target.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #347 on: December 10, 2010, 08:46:05 AM »
Shawn, are you talking about the extreemly long packages with the Empire Strikes Back figures? I saw several yesterday at Target.

Yepper those are the ones. That is the last (to get) item on my ESB list.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #348 on: December 10, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
I will put my feelers out for em as I prowl the isles tomorrow, buddy.

My brother sent my this Halmark ornament in the mail this week. This snowspeeder looks great and has several voice and sound effects recording of Luke's defense of Echo base on Hoth.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #349 on: December 11, 2010, 04:25:08 AM »
That looks cool Clint. I will have to let Santa know that would be a good gift for me. I really ought to do just a Star Wars tree one year. I know I have enough halmark ornments now for a regular sized tree.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #350 on: December 11, 2010, 06:39:35 AM »
That is a great looking snow speeder! It also looks about the size of the action fleet vehicles. Do you have any of them to give us a comparison shot Clint? Tamer I am with you, we also need a second tree for all our SW ornaments. Most of them are on a small tree in Jaxon's room but I have a pretty decent size box of them in the attic that are not even in use this year. My wife said let's not use them this year, it is christmas not Luke Skywalkers birth day! haha Don't worry my Christmas Yoda and R-2 and C3 are proudly displayed on their stands!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #351 on: December 11, 2010, 10:13:42 AM »
it is christmas not Luke Skywalkers birth day!

I swear I heard that same quote from my wife a few xmases ago. Swear it! Thanks to you I finally have my falcon back. All those ornaments you got me are now on my tree. My little girl likes the stormtrooper one the best. She even took it into school for her show and tell. Hilarioius.

That being said, I will get this thread back on track by stating that my bust is on its way. Yippeeee! Pat and I were both wowed by this one when we saw it live at CV.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #352 on: December 11, 2010, 07:51:48 PM »
I have a crap load coming my way this week, and I wish I was home on Friday for UPS to get here so I didn't have to wait again!  I have the Sideshow Collectibles 12" Blackhole Stormtrooper on its way, along with a 2-1B mini bust and the ANH Luke Skywalker mini bust.  I honestly don't know which item I'm most excited for.  Thank the Maker I have 2 part time jobs to pay for this stuff, because GG is going to bleed me dry this month alone!  I think I still have 3 or 4 more busts coming this month!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #353 on: December 12, 2010, 08:53:56 AM »
Well Pat, it seems to either be feast or famine with GG doesn't it! Still, the quality on most of their stuff is amazing.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #354 on: December 14, 2010, 02:50:55 PM »
I got my 21-B Bust today and it is awesome. It arrived pristine and there wasn't a ding on any part of it. What a great looking bust.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #355 on: December 15, 2010, 06:03:59 AM »
I agree, Shawn.  Mine came yesterday as well, and it looks so awesome all lit up!  I need to snap some pics of it and get a review going, but I also realized I'm behind still from CV with mini bust reviews...this isn't going to be pleasant...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #356 on: December 15, 2010, 06:53:02 AM »
I agree, Shawn.  Mine came yesterday as well, and it looks so awesome all lit up!  I need to snap some pics of it and get a review going, but I also realized I'm behind still from CV with mini bust reviews...this isn't going to be pleasant...

LOL. I just decided now I am gonna have to have both versions of the Hoth Leia and the Blue Coat Han Solo. Talk about unpleasant to my wallet! I am glad MWC has a deal going on now.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #357 on: December 15, 2010, 01:46:26 PM »
Picked up Mando pack, scout tank with tactical droid, and Dack.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #358 on: December 18, 2010, 10:11:11 AM »
Picked up the Target exclusive Attack on Hoth pack today!!! I also picked up another AT-AT Commander so I can transfer his armor to the AT-ST Driver.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #359 on: December 20, 2010, 09:58:01 AM »
I managed to get some more new stuff over the weekend.
I bought my first Vintage collection figure... first for myself anyways.... skiff guard Woof. Really brings back memories, and this one is so much better than the original... at least to me.
I also picked up R4-P44 and another camo ARF trooper... with vehicle clone cash....
Makes me feel like Mel Gibson's character from Conspiracy Theory... every time I see an ARF Trooper I feel the need to buy it, just like him and his book. Sometimes I do and others I dont... more often i do.
I also got a few more figs off ebay... I picked up the IG-88, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, and Dengar Galactic Heroes because I just couldnt resist them for $1 each, another pair of Captain Rex figs( Ihave more Rex figs than Arf Troopers), another ARF trooper( Dooohhhh), Snow Rex and I finally managed to get a Thi Sen figure.