Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384438 times)

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #180 on: September 07, 2010, 08:00:53 PM »
I managed to pick up 2 Kul Teska figures and a few mini rigs ...a week ago off ebay, but they arrived today.
If I ever get time, there are lots of ideas  for customization.
Still trying to reaquire lots of my favorite toys from my childhood.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #181 on: September 07, 2010, 09:00:27 PM »

Still trying to reaquire lots of my favorite toys from my childhood.

I've been trying too do this for years now. It seems to be a fleeting gesture.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #182 on: September 08, 2010, 05:56:48 AM »
Nothing new here, have seen the new Legends but leaving them for the Vintage....

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2010, 10:54:52 AM »
Went to Toy Vault at the nearby mall again, picked up an Action Fleet TIE Fighter and Interceptor. I want to do some touchups on my Royal Guard Interceptor, this one is just backup in case I mess up. The TIE Fighter will be used for the TIE Experimental M2. I figured I'd grab it while I was there instead of resorting to ebay later.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
  • Adrenaline starts to flow!
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #184 on: September 11, 2010, 05:13:45 AM »
Someone from my street just stopped by and left me a few cool little presents!
I got:

5 little bags of Micro Machines 1996 Star Wars figures (Most of the 'Classic Characters', 'Imperial Naval Troopers', Nien Nunb from the 'Rebel Pilots', 1 or 2 Echo Base Troopers and a few Cantina Aliens)
3 1999 Kellogs Episode 1 Busts (Darth Sidious, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker)
1 Backflipping Yoda from a Mc Donalds like fast food restaurant Called Quick

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #185 on: September 11, 2010, 06:57:33 AM »
Went to TRU and picked up a Cloud Car, Pre Cyborg Grievous/General Grievous two pack and a Revell easykit Y-Wing in damaged packaging for only 1 cent.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2010, 04:52:55 PM »
Wow, Christoph that is a great deal. One cent! Ok, lookee what I found today. I dare you to find a mark on it. I couldn't. Thanks for letting me know when these hit Eric!

I should send this into AFA if I thought I could get it there in this condition.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #187 on: September 11, 2010, 04:58:39 PM »
Now that is pretty, Shawn. I picked up a foil vc sidious and a vc cody today.

Offline JonCC-1004

• Ensign
« Reply #188 on: September 11, 2010, 06:51:02 PM »
That is the most mint box I have seen yet. I checked out two on the shelves at my local TRU and they were beat. Looked like they threw them off the truck at 35 miles an hour.

But on a better note I found two Mandalorian Speeder bikes at Wal Mart and two more Pre Vizsla's I gave my first Pre Viz to my sone who is Mando Crazy right now!!!!

Nice box thats a keeper forever.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2010, 08:24:16 PM »
woow man, that looks really sweet!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2010, 05:32:02 AM »
Now that is pretty, Shawn. I picked up a foil vc sidious and a vc cody today.

Thanks Clint. I thought it was the prettiest thing I have seen since my wife and my daughter!

That is the most mint box I have seen yet. I checked out two on the shelves at my local TRU and they were beat. Looked like they threw them off the truck at 35 miles an hour. But on a better note I found two Mandalorian Speeder bikes at Wal Mart and two more Pre Vizsla's I gave my first Pre Viz to my sone who is Mando Crazy right now!!!!Nice box thats a keeper forever.

Thats a good find too. Yepper, I haven't seen a regular ship box this mint, let alone one this large in some time. I was lucky enough to have a toysrus person on the lookout for these and he got it off the truck himself and whisked it away to a safe place till I got down there. My momc craziness is starting to be well documented.  I bet your son is glad you are finding more items. I haven't seen those Mando bikes yet and Vizsla only once!

woow man, that looks really sweet!

Thanks! I am still psyched I have it let alone this minty. I must have looked at this same box back in 1983 or 84 and several years thereafter and my mom wouldn't even let me get the guy to take it down off the top shelf. I circled that as the only thing I wanted for xmas for years. I never got it. Yesterday I felt like a kid at Christmas getting the walker  he dreamed about for years. Mom, if you are reading this I wouldn't mind another one under the tree this year! LOL!

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2010, 08:41:12 AM »
i got the same box mine looked mint to except from a tinsy litlle scrape near the sellotape

Offline jedi_ryan35

• Ensign
  • "The force will be with me..always!"
« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2010, 10:13:10 AM »
Wow, Christoph that is a great deal. One cent! Ok, lookee what I found today. I dare you to find a mark on it. I couldn't. Thanks for letting me know when these hit Eric!

I should send this into AFA if I thought I could get it there in this condition.

I was glad to help you pal ;D. I am glad it's in real good condition too. I wanna thank you for the Camie and Fixer two- pack as well ;D ;D. Let me know if there's anything else you want me to look out for at Toys R Us. God bless to you and your family.

Offline von reinhardt

• Evilive
  • Commander
    • bountyhunterreinhard
« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2010, 11:54:10 AM »
I just picked this up today with the Vintage Style Packaging, Box is near mint! Not that I collect the packaging...but it's nice to have. This walker is the biggest badest  beast to ever walk the earth...I told myself that I would not start collecting the vehicles or ships because of the price tag attached to them...but I could not resist this monster, plus it is one of my favorite vehicles from the movies. now i will have to go buy Lukes snowspeeder.....It never ends.....

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2010, 12:18:43 PM »
The other day I sold some POTF figures on ebay. I used the cash I got from that to finally buy the Action Fleet Saga 2002 AT-AT. I only collect from the original trilogy, so now I'm only missing the Alpha Cloud Car (although I'm in no rush to get it). As for playsets I just need The Death Star and Hoth, then I'll move onto the 18 battlepacks.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles