Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384430 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2010, 08:33:23 AM »
Well folks, it's August 1st, the "official" street date for the new products.  Have you been out to find anything?  Here's what I've found since yesterday...

Yesterday, a local Target had gone ahead and put out some things, such as the VTSC figures and some CW and LC figures.  I did pick up a Cloud Car Pilot for $7.99.  I refuse to pay the $9.99 that TRU is charging.

Today, I hit another Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R US.  Target and WM had not one item out, period.  Not to mention, that the Wal-Mart had actually increased their prices on just about everything.  G.I. Joe figures that are 2 years old were going for $9.97!!!  Toys R Us was fully stocked to the rim, and had the new Snowspeeder, RC Hailfire Droid, and a full compliment of the VTSC, LC, and CW figures.  No Pre Viszla, but they did have a Mandalorian Cop. 

Sadly, all I'm after right now is the Cloud Car, and not one sighting of it anywhere.

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2010, 08:36:21 AM »
pat I could pick u one up

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2010, 08:38:06 AM »
Oh, thank you, but no.  The shipping isn't worth it to me.  I'll find one eventually.  The biggest lesson I've learned in my many, many years of collecting, is patience.  Thanks anyway though!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2010, 08:57:55 AM »
I also found some new items at a Target, two days ago. They had the same things as Pat's Target had but the vintage collection figures were picked over so all I got was another cloud car pilot, another atat commander, the anti-hailfire squad bp, and a couple of pre viszla figures. Oh, I also picked up a new atat walker at $99. I noticed that as a result of their big reset, they had really been on a clearance kick with the other lines. I had gotten there a day or two too late, it seems, otherwise, I could have really cleaned up on the Joe stuff. I got a Joe iem that was regularly priced at $9.99 for like, $2.50 and picked up this great Prince of Persia piece that would go great in a diorama that was regularly priced at $19.99 for $5.

I will show some pics of the target stuff on their shelf in the target thread.

So, I went to another Target and Walmart yesterday and found 5 copies of one peg warmer at one walmart and the raised Joe prices and at the Target, they had nothing on the pegs whatsoever.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 09:21:40 AM by Clonehead »

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2010, 03:23:01 PM »
I scored big at Target myself yesterday.  Picked up an AT-AT and almost all the vintage figures.  For some reason Dak was cleaned out--though they had everyone else.  I was able to get two of most everything but Bespin Luke.

I went back today and found the Cloud Car.  In my glee yesterday I must have overlooked it because it really didn't look like they'd restocked.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2010, 04:50:06 PM »
Well I made a long drive and came up empty today. Target had nothing on the pegs. Looks like I should have waited a few days. Toysrus had some figs, but I just couldn't bit at ten bucks a pop and 28 bucks a ship.  At this stage I might be trying to get what I want on the road to CV! I wonder how many stops Pat will let me make? :P

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2010, 05:00:51 PM »
LOL, how many walkers do you plan on fitting in that car of Pat's anyway, Shawn?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2010, 05:04:28 PM »
LOL, how many walkers do you plan on fitting in that car of Pat's anyway, Shawn?

We'll have to see how many Pat thinks will fit. LOL.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2010, 06:49:21 PM »
Well, I AM a master box packer, so I'm pretty sure we can get an even dozen, along with out luggage.   And that's just in the trunk!  Hmm...hitting Targets, Toys R Us, and Walmarts along the way, eh?  Well we DO need to stretch our legs...

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2010, 06:50:08 PM »
Oh, and I DID find my Cloud Car, so I picked that up.  I had a REAL hard time passing on that AT-AT...need to save my money for my overwhelming list of exclusives at CV!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2010, 05:49:12 AM »
I can send you Money Pat for the ShadowDuck..lol..just lmk and i'll do it via paypal..... ;)...and i'm sure there will be quite a few Walmarts , TRu's etc on the way. ....... ;)

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2010, 06:56:20 PM »
I passed on the at-at as well, low funds.

I did recieve my darth talon mini bust, which honestly wasn't worth the money.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2010, 01:13:53 AM »
Found some new  (well new for over  here ) Legacy today.. Willrow Hood, Bacara, Luke X Wing and 2nd version Bespin Wing Guard.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2010, 07:31:23 AM »

You didn't like her?  I was hoping to find her at CV next week.  What didn't you like about her?

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2010, 01:34:52 PM »

You didn't like her?  I was hoping to find her at CV next week.  What didn't you like about her?

The paint apps are a little lacking in quality. Her lips were poorly painted, and her face is different than the sculpt we first saw, and it's totally different than the picture on the box.

Between the black misplaced, the red being really faded in some places and her lips being the wrong color, the paint apps alone make it really not worth the wait or the price.

The quality of the bust itself feels a lot lighter than most of the busts.
She feels cheaper compared too the previous busts I've gotten before.
She's even lighter than aayal secura.

It might just be me bro or mine...but she really looks different facially.