Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384439 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #3405 on: September 16, 2023, 09:01:54 AM »
Yeah, I would have been much happier with a fourty dollar price point, but it does have a lot of bells and whistles. I will try to pick up the other AT-STs if I can find em for decent.

On another latest purchase I got an AT-AT hoodie from one of those facebook shops and man it showed up all faded and awful. I should have known better. I will post a pic soon.

Back in 2005 this would've probably cost $29.99. $60 is quite a price tag, but at the end of the day you supported the line for more Micro Galaxy Goodness plus it is well designed with lots of fun features!

The hoodie doesn't look as bad as expected. I really LOVE this design! It might look faded because of all the grey and white shades. Plus prints on fabric usually don't pop as much as they do on the original template, unfortunately.
I think you got a damn cool sweater there, Shawn!

And odds are there for the AT-STs. Asajj Ventress' Fighter is already on clearance for 5 pounds at Forbidden Planet in the UK.
I'm extremely thrilled that Hasbro do give us a second chance at the VC AT-ST Raider!
Saw the MGS version of on Amazon shipping from the UK for just 21€. But I passed on this chase variant even  thought it was only 6€ over MRSP. Therefore it didn't take long to sell out.

Great scores gentlemen!

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #3406 on: September 16, 2023, 06:44:17 PM »
That's one hellofa find Tamer. Never see anything like that around hear. Well done.
You keep this up and you're gonna start rivaling DM for collector of the year.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3407 on: September 17, 2023, 06:16:17 AM »
That's one hellofa find Tamer. Never see anything like that around hear. Well done.
You keep this up and you're gonna start rivaling DM for collector of the year.

LOL. Good one Ron. I just walked by and there it was. First thing I have found in store in years. I kid you not.

And yes Philipp, I agree with you about the Mandalorian AT-ST. So glad I got another chance at it. I hope Hasbro ships it well.

Now onto those other Micro Galaxy Walkers! I gotta figure out how many there are now!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #3408 on: September 19, 2023, 04:32:45 PM »
Well, look what showed up in the mail today!

This will be fun to open at the end of the day - which I haven't reached yet :(

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3409 on: September 19, 2023, 10:56:08 PM »
Super awesome, Jeff! Thanks for pre-ordering it! It was sold out everywhere quickly. But it looks like Hasbro made more to meet the strong demand. I hope that tells them something for the future (TVC A-Wing!!).
I haven’t bought it, yet. $131 is too much for my taste when I got the awesome N1 from 2012 for 15€ on clearance on Amazon.
Back then the MRSP was 30€ for class II vehicles. Today it’s a hundred bucks to much for my wallet. Not to mention that they claim 170€ for it here.

Nevertheless is this a super awesome addition to your collection. I’m looking forward to seeing you unbox it!

Who is exited for PulseCon on Friday? :D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3410 on: September 21, 2023, 02:53:46 AM »
Man I sure hope mine shows up that minty fresh. Coming from ee so I should be good. I can't wait to see what you think of it. Feel free to do a review of it.

I also got a notice my throne room has shipped so we will see how hasbro ships lately too.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3411 on: September 22, 2023, 03:25:16 AM »
Fortunately they re-stocked almost everywhere. I'm sure the Mando N1 will stay a hot seller during holiday season. Looks like they took note of the high demand for this one and produced more. I'm also confident that Hasbro limit themselves of sales on HasbroPulse.
I'm sure they only sell a low(er) amount of products through their shop to not their major clients angry because of competition.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3412 on: September 23, 2023, 04:59:45 AM »
Well the Throne Room Box from Hasbro showed up pretty good. One corner is just a tad crushed, but I think it came through ok. Sure wish Hasbro would put some space between their outerbox and their inner good vintage one.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #3413 on: September 23, 2023, 02:03:33 PM »
That would require a company that cares about customer service, quality control and their reputation.
Looking forward to seeing this when you get it unpacked.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3414 on: September 26, 2023, 02:50:39 AM »
I got in my Mandalorian Ship yesterday:

Ofcourse I thought it was ruined, but low and behold:

Just goes to show you that good packaging can trump awful postal service work.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3415 on: September 27, 2023, 02:29:26 AM »
I just got in a message from Hooshops this morning (the company I got the faded hoodie from). Read this excuse:

"We are trying our best to reduce chromatic aberration always, but we are sorry to tell you that our products is affected by Metamerism, which means our eyes might see different colors under different sources of light."

LOL. You can't make this up. They are giving me a partial refund. I guess I need to just take it and shut up, but I don't wanna! They are not advertising their real product. I knew better, but daggone!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3416 on: September 27, 2023, 01:37:20 PM »
I still think your hoodie looks decent, but that is one ridiculous answer! If it wasn't for my study, I wouldn't know what chromatic aberration means. Luckily I do now and it affects lenses in general like for cameras. The physical phenomenon is that blue light is refracted more than red light, which leads to chromatic aberration at the EDGE of frames/pictures.
Blaming your strength of vision is straight rude in my opinion!

I don't have any failing eyesight, yet, but the printing quality does look slightly faded to me as well. It seems it occurs quite often that clothes are shown with pasted designs online, instead of showing the actual print. Wow, this is wild. I'm sure there are people calling their lawyer for false accuse. That's one rude excuse.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 01:40:50 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3417 on: September 28, 2023, 02:25:24 AM »
Yeah its crazy, I am trying to get over it. It was a facebook ad I bit on and regret. Its one of those things you know you shouldn't do, but I wanted to believe!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #3418 on: October 01, 2023, 02:43:00 PM »
I didn't do an "unboxing" set of pictures for the N-1, but I did do some pictures assembled:

and for fun, Din with Krrsantan:

There are good reviews on-line so I didn't bother to write one up or take a video - that's a way I can manage my time ;). But...I did think that posting a few shots might be nice.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3419 on: October 02, 2023, 02:52:53 AM »
Looks pretty nice to me. Mine came in a crushed shipping box, but the regular box was mint.