Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384449 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #3180 on: May 27, 2022, 03:04:09 AM »
Definitely gonna have to get an R2 somehow Phillip. And thank you for offering.

I have the six inch figure still on order we will see how it comes through.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #3181 on: June 06, 2022, 08:04:44 AM »
You could probably fit a Pico LED. The blue part separates from the puck with a peg. If you cut the peg, the led would probably fit in the void from the bottom. Only problem would be hiding the wires. With a jedi It would be easy, just run the wires through the robe to the hand. I did something similar with my Yoda and his little flashlight.

Thank you so much also for the picture you attached above! Yes, that'd be possible. I'll think of a solution to hide the wire...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3182 on: June 06, 2022, 08:11:04 AM »
Definitely gonna have to get an R2 somehow Phillip. And thank you for offering.

Fingers crossed for that 6 inch figure on its way! As of now all 3 figures with coin are still available here. Just let me know if I should get something for you. I'm coming to the U.S. in August.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3183 on: June 06, 2022, 08:17:23 AM »
Last week for father's day a local gave 15% off all his in-stock items. So I pulled the trigger and got Antoc Merrick's X-Wing for 127€ instead of 149.99€ for example.

My order arrived in very good condition:

It's so great to finally have a Princess Leia with good looking face. I remember when I got the very first version from an ebay power seller directly from China. Can't wait to make a cmparison shot.
When are we gonna get ANH Leia in The Vintage Collection?

Obi-Wan looks better as well. The head is still too small though and I'm looking forward to seeing an all-new one made for the Black Series P4 Revenge of the Sith Line...

So all this was 425€ instead of 485€ - 60€ saved compared to an increasing MRSP.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3184 on: June 07, 2022, 04:37:47 AM »
Wow Philipp you got some stuff! So envious of that X-Wing. I have relegated it to the same status as the Mandalorian AT-ST, probably will never get one. Just great stuff. Well I got some stuff in from Hasbro Pulse and it was a mixed bag. They shipped it in large thin boxes and each figure came in its own individual box.

I will try and post some images if I can get imgur to work for me. Argghhhh!

So some came ok and some didn't and none of the boxes had major damage. So if they don't come good from Hasbro who will they come good from?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 04:42:59 AM by Tamer »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3185 on: June 14, 2022, 12:17:00 PM »
Hope imgur works for you again, Shawn! I agree, if it's Hasbro being capable of shipping their products in pristine condition, who else is?

I got my latest order from a comic shop on the next day (Saturday) and Mike always packs the figures so incredibly well...everything I got from him so far is in excellent condition as well.

TVC figures are 20.99€ now and that TBS ARC Trooper Captain was 33€.

Talk about amazing likenesses once again. What an expensive, but impressive time to be a collector!
I wonder if Hasbro releases more figures for both lines now that they're performing well...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3186 on: June 17, 2022, 08:10:12 AM »
Nice stuff Philipp. I got in 3 figures and one of em has a really crushed box (I will get pics up soon) so I know that one is trashed. Makes me wonder if it was the Fennec they sent me as a replacement.

I don't know why Hasbro is shipping one figure at a time per box?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3187 on: June 18, 2022, 05:58:31 AM »
Well here are the latest orders I opened up today.

Can you believe the crushed box was the Fennec replacement!

Mangled up!

My other two boxes (one from Hasbro and one from EE ) showed up great with no damages so I guess I get to say two out of three ain't bad?

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3188 on: June 19, 2022, 01:55:57 AM »
Oh man, looks like Hasbro have to send you yet another Fennec..sorry to see that. It happens everywhere though. It's a challenge to find good & reliable staff in the logistics and delivery sector.
Can't wait for AI and robots to do that work. Heavy packages on lighter ones will belong to the past then. Can you imagine R2-D2 delivering the upcoming R2 figure to your house? So glad that you Lambent Seeker ARC Trooper didn't come bent. Haven't seen this one in person, yet. It looks awesome! So thank you very much for providing the pics!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3189 on: June 19, 2022, 06:08:19 AM »
Yeah, we will see what Hasbro says about their Fennec Replacement. Kinda funny.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3190 on: June 24, 2022, 04:46:44 AM »
Found this set online and was lucky enough to be the first one sending a request. The seller is really nice and waited for my reply even though I had fallen asleep after a tough day. Fortunately I was called by a friend early enough to respond so I got this Hoth Defense Set from 2010 for 45€ plus 6€ shipping. I didn't expect to get this set a second time - especially not for retail price. As far as I know it was never available here in Germany.

He even sent me some pictures of his collection. If you're a fan of the Sequels, you can find some incredible custom vehicles here, which the seller made out of "cardboard and trash" during the pandemic:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3191 on: June 24, 2022, 05:02:16 AM »
Wow, I am loving that big Walker. Man Hasbro needs to do a HasLab or something for that one.

Great find too Philipp, I would have bought that in a second.

I got in an order from BBTS, collector grade. Each vintage figure (the Lambent and other ARC) showed up pristine in their own cardboard box (thick carboard) which was then packed in another box surrounded by bubble wrapped and then shipped in an outer box. Guys know how to ship!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3192 on: June 24, 2022, 08:09:12 AM »
Crushorama on that box.

Here is my latest delivery from BBTS
You will notice a bend on Bo Katan’s card.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3193 on: June 24, 2022, 08:39:17 AM »
Wow, I am loving that big Walker. Man Hasbro needs to do a HasLab or something for that one.

Yeah, another big scale vehicle would be so cool for a new HasLab. Hasbro have countless options to pull another multi-million-dollar project with The Vintage Collection...I'm hoping for an OT or PT based one though. A Mos Eisley Cantina and a truly 1/18 scale Republic Gunship are o top of my list.

Great find too Philipp, I would have bought that in a second.

Yes, this was a lucky wake-up call! Apparently many people wanted to buy this set especially at that price. If you buy it separately or complete on ebay, it's about $200 either way...this deserves a Battle on Hoth Diorama with trenches and my BAT-AT. I'm extremely thankful that Hans waited for me to respond. And I was just lucky that I sent the first request after 16 people had already viewed the listing.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3194 on: June 26, 2022, 05:13:32 AM »
Well Clint, nice stuff. Still, with the way everyone ships now it seems you are way ahead of the curve when it comes to getting good stuff.