Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384429 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #3165 on: May 12, 2022, 01:37:27 PM »
Cool cantina DM! I debated getting that set, I was turned off by the cardboard doors. You put all that detail into it then throw on cardboard doors. I might still get one if they're still on Amazon.  I saw a video like that when TVC2 first came out and I intended to keep the cards, but since they decided to continue the numbering system from TVC1, I didn't bother.

I got my very first Hole In The Wall Production products, I've had them bookmarked for years, but never ordered anything. I got various containers, the infamous "cube crates", Ridged boxes seen with the death star cannon scene, the large crate and the Rebels crate with removable lid. Pretty cut and dry, just need to be painted. They look great, I'll need some more Rebels crates.
Also I got the Tractor Beam generator, I bought it for a genaric generator, they were also in the scene with the Death Star Cannons. It is heavy. I was surprised. It comes in parts, Top, bottom, three sides and three panels along with some decals. Seems pretty straight forward, just glue the parts together, there are instructions included.  So I guess I'll pick up some paint and this'll be my weekend project.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #3166 on: May 13, 2022, 01:28:06 AM »
Philipp - it's great that you were able to get the Nevarro Cantina. I'm sorry about the packaging on your Death Trooper. At least you got all the parts.

JDeck - those are cool pieces. I've watched some of the same items, but have never made a purchase from Hole in the Ground. These are going to look great in your Imperial base (or wherever you use them).

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3167 on: May 13, 2022, 04:57:50 AM »
I don't know why if you were gonna open that Deathtrooper that way why you would keep the card and bubble? Oh well, great videos to show how to do it if you want to use it again Philipp. Great set too.

JDeck great pick ups from Hole in the Ground. That dude just makes good stuff. Here is the link if anyone needs it.

http://www.holeinthegroundpro.com/dioramas.html

Time to go and give him a shout out on the front pages too.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3168 on: May 13, 2022, 08:15:58 AM »
Philipp - it's great that you were able to get the Nevarro Cantina. I'm sorry about the packaging on your Death Trooper. At least you got all the parts.

JDeck - those are cool pieces. I've watched some of the same items, but have never made a purchase from Hole in the Ground. These are going to look great in your Imperial base (or wherever you use them).

Yeah I'll use them for my base set ups mostly. I was put off a little by the $20 shipping, but understood why when I got it, it was like 5 pounds of resin. It's a solid product.

I don't know why if you were gonna open that Deathtrooper that way why you would keep the card and bubble? Oh well, great videos to show how to do it if you want to use it again Philipp. Great set too.

JDeck great pick ups from Hole in the Ground. That dude just makes good stuff. Here is the link if anyone needs it.

http://www.holeinthegroundpro.com/dioramas.html

Time to go and give him a shout out on the front pages too.

Yeah it's all great! The Gorilla glue I used worked well, it takes paint easily. Can't say theres anything wrong with it.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #3169 on: May 13, 2022, 11:41:46 AM »
JDeck: Yes, I agree. The cardboard parts are a huge joke. I mean the double window part is a really cool idea, but the door looks bad, especially at that odd MRSP of $52.99. The plastic clip doesn't even hold that door in place. I'm going to replace the door with a door of this kind.
The Death Trooper looks great on that alternate card, the original one looks best to me. But it's not even different. And the upcoming Army-Builder 4-Pack makes it even less special, which is one more reason to never open the figure...now it's too late. The seller told me he bought 5 of this playset. He's also going to build a Cantina diorama
with it. I'm glad to have some styrofoam left for action!

It's really nice to see your latest custom projects! You make your collection to a really selected one, like RC-1136 does! Such cool diorama parts and accessories!

Starchaser: Yeah, that's why I bought one loose. I might try to fix the card since I don't plan on getting the Trooper out of the blister anyways. I'm going to extend that wall to the entire cantina with some styrofoam, that's gonna be fun! Thanks for your comment!

Tamer: I just open the bubble with a scalpel. I rather damage the plastic than the cardboard.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3170 on: May 17, 2022, 04:05:06 PM »
I got a case of Remnant Stormtroopers from EE. I initially passed on them because I don't like yellow weathering on Stormtroopers, any color but yellow. They were on sale for $99.99, which isn't that great of a deal, but enough to twist my arm.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3171 on: May 18, 2022, 03:53:55 AM »
I'd say that's a decent deal for 8 TVC figures. Here in Germany, you'd pay 160€/$170 for them.
It's great to see your Imperial army grow!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3172 on: May 18, 2022, 03:10:57 PM »
I'd say that's a decent deal for 8 TVC figures. Here in Germany, you'd pay 160€/$170 for them.
It's great to see your Imperial army grow!

Yeah. Normally on EE a case is $112, so I almost got a free figure. Not as good a deal as the pulse army builders though.  Too bad pulse has  limit 2 per customer. I think after they restock after the innitial drop, they should allow you to order more.

I got some more stuff from Hole In The Ground Productions. 3 rebels crates, 3 Rhydonium barrels and an Imperial Treadwell droid. I ordered some coaxium cannisters from I Am Boba Fett, but Im going to paint them red for Rhydonium canisters as seen on the Morak episode of Mandalorian. Just waiting for them, estimated arrival, late June. I think I have enough crates now. I guess if you're going to army build you need to supply them.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 05:11:54 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3173 on: May 19, 2022, 02:49:41 AM »
JDeck is hauling in the loot. Nice crates.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3174 on: May 24, 2022, 03:12:14 AM »
Time to loop Target into the same type of shipping as Wal-Mart. This is how they sent me my new Droids R2!

The box was way too short and they just shoved it in. Arghhhh!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3175 on: May 25, 2022, 03:37:16 AM »
Found a boss figure at a local GameStop

$27.99 retail for the gaming greats now?
With taxes, it was almost $32

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3176 on: May 25, 2022, 03:39:22 PM »
The other day I checked Audesworkshop on ebay and he has a ton of new hologram figures for 3.75. They're like the handheld pucks you see in ROTS. He has them in 3-packs in several different faction sets. I bought 2 of the Empire sets, with Emperor, Sim Aloo, Vader and 3 different officers.  Im a sucker for stuff like this.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 03:41:08 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3177 on: May 26, 2022, 02:58:53 AM »
Those holos are great!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3178 on: May 26, 2022, 08:10:43 AM »
Tamer: Ohh shoot! Unfortunately I expect big etailers to ship toys like that. Let me know if you still need those 3 MINT on card. In can get them in collector condition here in Germany for about $25 each.

Clonehead: Congrats on finding BOSS! His parts will make some great new molds and tooling for sure! So that will help to compensate the high price you paid. It's nuts how expensive the hobby has become - even without any vehicles to buy currently.

JDeck: I agree with Tamer, those holos are brilliant! They look better than some of Hasbro. Such a hole is now filled in customizers' demand. They look absolutely stunning and I think I'll have to buy some from Aude. I could even see them lighted up with a tiny LED for H0 / 1/87 scale.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 08:17:10 AM by Darth More »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3179 on: May 26, 2022, 11:58:53 AM »
You could probably fit a Pico LED. The blue part separates from the puck with a peg. If you cut the peg, the led would probably fit in the void from the bottom. Only problem would be hiding the wires. With a jedi It would be easy, just run the wires through the robe to the hand. I did something similar with my Yoda and his little flashlight.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 05:48:25 PM by JDeck »