Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384429 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #3120 on: February 13, 2022, 05:57:04 AM »
Awesome! Are you going to open it?
Mines supposed to arrive before Wednesday. I'll probably keep it boxed until I'm ready to set up some photographs.

Yeah, that is my opinion on it too. I don't quite have the collection room squared away enough to get this out. I get way over this covid I am gonna do some rearranging with the idea to be able to get this and my Khetanna out.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3121 on: February 16, 2022, 09:59:44 AM »
I did get my RazorCrest monday. I still have it in its case. There it will stay until called for. I do want to do a maldo kreis scene with the spiders, and I want to do the puttin the RazorCrest back together montage scene from episode 2.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3122 on: February 17, 2022, 03:43:47 AM »
JDeck, I like the sound of your plans.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3123 on: February 17, 2022, 02:24:17 PM »
I got an order from TungHori. 4 K2-SO and 2 Tie pilots. After seeing the episode of TBOBF, with the Mandalorian purge, with the Terminator like kx droids, I needed some more tvc ones. I had 6, mostly the 5poa ones. The legs on a couple are bent to hell, maybe some hot water will help.
I actually prefer the 5poa tie pilots, to these, but they're cheap. I need to focus my army building now on tie pilots and death star troopers.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 02:32:32 PM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #3124 on: February 17, 2022, 02:41:11 PM »
Tamer: So great to see your Crest's shipper box arrived in great shape! Mine seems to be on the way as well...

JDeck: Your army-building progress has been amazing to watch! I really like the new concept of K2 as well! That is one well done scene in TBOBF...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3125 on: February 17, 2022, 02:45:26 PM »
Couldn't resist to get those 3 ships for 45€ and two figures for 25€. Ships and Shaak Ti are going to be used for future custom projects. And I remember seeing Mrs Gargan on discount for 6€ back in 2009 or so. Never recognized that she has 6 breasts! Now 13 years later, I got her for 15€ only missing the drinking cup...

70€ shipped!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3126 on: February 17, 2022, 06:55:37 PM »
Awsome lot DM! Yeah It took me a while to figure out she had six breasts, i just thought she had fat rolls. The vehicles are awesome! I've come to realize the seperatists probably would have won if it weren't for Palpatine getting involved.

Tamer: So great to see your Crest's shipper box arrived in great shape! Mine seems to be on the way as well...

JDeck: Your army-building progress has been amazing to watch! I really like the new concept of K2 as well! That is one well done scene in TBOBF...

Yeah man the army is coming along. I ordered total of 22 din and migs morak driver disguise figures. 15 for tank drivers and 7 for a custom project I'm really excited for, but they won't release until November.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3127 on: February 18, 2022, 03:54:47 AM »
Nice droid ships!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3128 on: February 26, 2022, 05:48:34 PM »
I got a disney parks Krykna spider, to go with my Maldo Kries spiders. Then I realized I needed more last night so I bought a few more maldo kreis spiders in a figure lot, that I thought was a good deal. I have the TBS Maldo Kries set coming some time, don't know when though.
Once I get them I'll open up my razorcrest and set up a photoshoot, with all my spiders.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3129 on: February 27, 2022, 06:03:43 AM »
That is a lof of spiders!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3130 on: March 01, 2022, 03:48:13 AM »
Had a friend just get back from Disney World. Look what he brought me!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3131 on: March 02, 2022, 12:14:11 AM »
JDeck: Thanks for your comment! Yes, I think so too just by the pure mass of Separatist forces...I mean how many droids and vehicles can you produce during the time of raising a Clone, right?

Awesome to see that spider from Disney parks! They'd be smart to sell their merch outside the parks as well cause I won't get there any day soon. Sometimes it seems they pay attention to what their licensees produce and offer matching sets like this cool spidey! Thanks for sharing!

Tamer: Thanks! Man, I wish I had friends like you do! This is a cool set of droids. It was about time for an update of that R1 droid...I'll be back with my next store reports later today.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3132 on: March 07, 2022, 08:26:33 AM »
Great scores all around!
Man, I like that droid set.
      Got a semi delayed box from BBTS the other day.
By now, I had already acquired 3 of the black series figures also included in this box.
Black series Bo Katan, and the two other bad batch members from this case set, I had already gotten previously “ not pictured”
  My vintage collection Bo Katan had a slight crease on the card up by the peg hole.
  I have her and the carded TVC Death trooper that came with the Bar set with the rest of that displayed collection in the basement stairwell now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 08:28:35 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3133 on: March 08, 2022, 03:18:20 AM »
Nice pick ups Clint.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3134 on: March 13, 2022, 03:25:11 AM »
Found two model kits of Revell and AMT/ERTL. Grievous' Starfighter was 10€ and AMT's AAT 15€. Both models are 1/32 scale, but is as big as Hasbro's version with different details. It almost feels as if Kenner/Hasbro and AMT/ERTL shared some tooling back in the 90's.

Grievous' Starfighter is officially in 1/32 scale as well, BUT is much smaller than the AAT. And as ever so often I think Lucasfilm should re-define some of their vehicles dimensions.
It also fits the Star Wars Miniatures by Wizards of the Coast perfectly, which are about 1/48 or 1/50 scale.