Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384430 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #3015 on: August 28, 2021, 06:02:30 AM »
I remember those. Nice.

I might have to look for that Snowtrooper and Stormtrooper when I get a chance.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3016 on: September 02, 2021, 12:06:49 PM »
I got my Walmart Endor Luke. The card came really nice seeing it was in a bubble mailer. It's wierd how the one guy that doesn't give two craps about packaging always gets perfect cards. I like the updated poncho, and hand articulation. The head looks great, but I don't think the helmet is removable. I tried and I could take it off if I really really tried but I think it's connected to his head. Leia has a removable helmet. I think these two in particular are worth getting. I did not get any of the other Walmart repacks, just the wonder twins in woodland camo fatigues.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3017 on: September 03, 2021, 02:33:11 AM »
These arrived in the mail with the Stormy showing up damaged again.

And it was the same one that I sent back for replacement as it had damages the same place (it was too exact not to be the same one). They just sent it out to me again!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #3018 on: September 03, 2021, 03:22:03 AM »
Thanks for supporting the Gaming Greats sub-line for TVC, Tamer. Bummer about the second damaged card though...I hope we'll see many more characters of the best games return and even new characters like Satele Shan and Sith Troopers from KotOR.

I got this TBS Commander Gree sealed on ebay for 19€ shipped. The box was damaged, but it was still without holes or such. But for some reasons the antenna was missing. So I contacted Hasbro last week and 6 days later I got my replacement! FOR FREE!

I was happily surprised when I had an entire figure in my mailbox yesterday. Apparently I was expecting just the antenna. So even though my inner MONK says the problem isn't solved, yet, it proves once again that Hasbro's customer service is just amazing. I'll just fix the missing one with wire or re-cast the replacement. And then I'll repaint the second Gree like Steve did!

Upgrading Your Star Wars The Black Series Commander Gree 6 Inch Custom by CenturionsCorner
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 03:26:58 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3019 on: September 04, 2021, 06:10:55 AM »
Thats great on them sending you an entire new figure. Good for you. Now you have two. I want to say Clonehead has an antennea fix he had to do for one of these back in the day that might be helpful.

And the thing with the damaged stormtrooper was the fact that I think it was the exact same one I sent back as damaged in the first place. It arrived in a different box at the same time as the other two gaming great figures. I am waiting to see how the rest of the return happens.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3020 on: September 16, 2021, 11:13:05 AM »
Happy birthday to me!! I ordered a TBS X-wing helmet (Luke) loose from ebay the other day and I was hoping to get it before me vacation. I got it today.
It's pretty cool. The padding is held in place by velcro, and the straps by snap button. It's kind of comfy, I feel real safe inside. The visor slides up or down into position. The non functional microphone is adjustable with metal flextube.  The paint aps are good enough, and the weathering is pretty cool. The plastic is preassembled it's sturdy with no obvious seam lines.  I haven't tested the electronics. I have an idea to convert it into a gaming headset.  I almost got the Wedge Antilles helmet but Luke's is iconic with a more complex paint job.

I got my offworld jawas too from cramazon they were delayed but now i have them.
The cards were good, but the bubbles were all smashed up because they put in the air bag packing material thing, which was unnecessary. Im just going to open them anyway.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 12:07:29 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3021 on: September 17, 2021, 02:30:32 AM »
Great pic of you in the helmet. Good to see those jawas even if they showed up with damaged cards. Amazon will never learn. Trying to save a buc by shipping cheaper you would think is gonna cost them twice as much in the long run.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3022 on: September 17, 2021, 03:57:44 AM »
Great pic of you in the helmet. Good to see those jawas even if they showed up with damaged cards. Amazon will never learn. Trying to save a buc by shipping cheaper you would think is gonna cost them twice as much in the long run.
Thanks that was my best Porkins impression. We need Porkins a Star Wars story.
In this case Amazon tried too hard, if it was just one figure in the box it would necessitate the packing material, but with two it just squashed the bubbles. Either that, or they sold me rejects.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3023 on: September 18, 2021, 06:36:47 AM »
I guess its possible.

EE did try to send me the same damaged one I sent back before so I wonder how many other companies do it. Probably all.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #3024 on: September 19, 2021, 11:37:03 AM »
Came home Friday night from officiating a high school football game and VOILA my box had arrived.
Finally received my 5th 32" X-Wing fighter. Now I have enough for a full squad.
The fun part is going to be rearranging all of the ships hanging from my basement ceiling so I can show the X-Wings flying in combat formation.
I love a good collection rearrangement project.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3025 on: September 20, 2021, 02:29:41 AM »
Nice,

I hope you give us a pic of those X-Wings when you get them situated.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #3026 on: September 20, 2021, 05:08:05 PM »
Will do.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3027 on: September 22, 2021, 01:12:21 PM »
My brother gave me a box of mostly potf2 potj and some legacy figures, that he got at liquidation price, and kept in storage.  I definitely needed Ephant Mon and the bacta tank. I'll have custom fodder to last me a long time... long time.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3028 on: September 23, 2021, 02:31:48 AM »
Wow, now thats what I call a box of goodies. I got in a box from EE yesterday. I need to see whats in it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3029 on: September 25, 2021, 05:45:35 AM »
It was the Gaming Greats Stormtrooper. Still showed up with some damaged to the J Peg, but I am calling it a win for the most part. I should have one more coming.

Still haven't seen my Ahsoka wave figures show up yet.