Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384433 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2955 on: May 27, 2021, 09:34:21 AM »
Good videos Darth. I've accepted the fact that figures are preorder only. We have to adapt to the situation.  Figure review yt channels and sites are pretty much obsolete now, because if you wait for a review to come out you loose your only chance. It's definitely in the retailers advantage, pre orders are a sure thing for the most part, with no risk. That's really our own fault for waiting for things to go on clearence. Retailers got tired of it.
    Really pre ordering isn't that bad. I've been able to get everything I order, so far. Sometimes I have to wait for a restock, but I get it eventually. The only exception are some target exclusives aren't available for pre order, but you can usually get them online. It's been a problem for years, but now preordering is mandatory. Like Tupac said; That's just the way it is, things will never be the same.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 10:43:41 AM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2956 on: May 28, 2021, 08:15:12 AM »
That's a brilliant point, JD! That's why I also pre-ordered these two guys here on Amazon: Amazon.de offered them for 19,77€ about 3 weeks ago plus a 4€ import fee from the UK. And they arrived today. Guess I got lucky, nothing is crushed or bent. Only minor dents and scratches here and there.
More details after the jump.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 08:33:12 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2957 on: May 28, 2021, 10:29:39 AM »
JDeck you make some very valid points.

Nice scores Philipp.

Out of the blue a bud, who had gone to Disney, brought me back a Starbucks Collector Coffee Cup for Tatooine. It is fantastic. I gotta see if they have a Hoth one now!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2958 on: May 29, 2021, 04:10:04 AM »
Thank you guys. I wonder if there's something more behind this "pre-order only" policy. But I think JDeck nailed it. The waiting for clearance probably led Hasbro to this decision. Decreasing demand (after the Sequel disaster) and collectors waiting for clearance deals...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2959 on: May 29, 2021, 04:36:37 AM »
Just a quick update of my post from back in Ocotber.
I'm still trying to complete this rare Endor Set from 2010. Grizz Frix was up for auction last week starting at 9,99€ and I got him for 14,01€ shipped. The seller was keen enough to use pictures of another user and his ratings weren't the best, but the risk was well worth it!
Even though the figure was shown with a bootleg DC-17 carbine, the pilot actually came with the original blaster!

Now I can finally take this one off my wanted list. But the plastic bag makes me curious. Looking at the ankle joints and telling by the smell, this figure seems factory fresh to me. Makes me wonder if the seller got this one from Asian sources on ebay like sinodolls, k12mall, cutesource or viperskingdom?

Let me know if you're looking for these figures as well. I'm going to sell my two other Grizz figures and try to complete the B-Wing pilot:

rebelscum.com got you covered with a detailed review of this multipack:

http://www.rebelscum.com/tvcEXBattleOverEndor2.asp
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 04:38:17 AM by Darth More »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2960 on: May 29, 2021, 05:45:07 AM »
Grizz Frix is cool, all those pilots are hard to get at least when I was looking. They seem like power seller figures, with the cellophane wrappers, there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't think Hasbro dictates to retailers what to do with their products. I don't think there's decreased demand because of the sequels. I think most people buy from fan channels like BBTS or EE. You would have to be a glutten for punishment to have Walmart or Target as your main source of figures. That's why Walmart and Target get so many exclusives, they're getting screwed by fan channels. So we have to buy from Walmart or Target to get the exclusives, it's almost like a monopoly, but most exclusives are repacks anyway, or repaints at best. Even fan channels are preoder only, because that's what most people do. If they have a ton of stock left over, and they don't sell it before the next wave hits, odds are they never will. So they have to clearence them out, which sucks for them. As time goes on, preoders will be more stable, and easier to predict, causing fewer preorder sell outs. If everyone just went to preordering it would make the process easier for everyone really.  That's why I wish Hasbro Pulse was more directly connected to Hasbro. Pulse is the first one to sell out. Of Preorders!!??  If they were better at fulfilling demand, and had a wider preorder window then  the subscription cost would be worth it.  Maybe in time, but certainly not now.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 07:14:24 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2961 on: May 30, 2021, 05:30:54 AM »
JDeck has it spot on for how I buy. I might sometimes try to get an exclusive, but don't beat myself up much if I can't get it online.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2962 on: June 04, 2021, 12:01:56 PM »
@JDeck: I'll send the power sellers I know a message to ask if they still have figures of these sets. I'll let you know if they answer. Still no reply from Uncle Milton. Yeah, something apparently happened behind the scenes since 2012. Don't know what it is besides Di$ney's new license contract and rising production costs in China. I guess some items are only possible if they're exclusives.

@Tamer: I wish I could support Hasbro directly via HasbroPulse here. But on the other hand, the current brand team don't treat the 3.75" line well in my opinion.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2963 on: June 04, 2021, 12:11:12 PM »
Here's my haul from the past couple weeks. I had been watching these two sets on an online fleamarket for a couple weeks and eventually decided to ask the seller for the price for both. 130€ shipped was his answer even though he initially offered them for 85€ each.
So 16 figures and 4 vehicles for that price was incredible. I'm going to complete the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid and the Homing Spider Droid with either original or resin parts.
This is my third Homing Spider Droid and after completing it, I'm going to repaint and weather it with a metal silver by Vallejo. I heard they have the best metal paints.
I got my first 4-armed TCW Grievous in this set and an extra TVC Magna Guard to probably repaint!
The Legacy Collection Grievous is going to be completed and repainted like my Sith version of him.
When I got my MTT, I thought this small drone-like fighter was missing. Later I learned it was sold separately as Class I vehicle in the Clone Wars line.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 04:03:10 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2964 on: June 04, 2021, 12:29:18 PM »
Found the updated TVC Slave I repaint for 123€. Zavvi offers it for 129.99€ + 3.99€ for pre-order, but I rather bought it opened and complete. The packaging is also in good condition, which is not granted when buying from Zavvi.
The guy who sold this one to me put some serious effort into shipping it safely and wrapped carefully. Guess Amazon don't have time - even for prime - to do so...

I really like the updated deco and paint apps. I probably keep both versions I got and repaint the incomplete one, that I found for 25€.
For some odd reason the Slave I looks like the head of an elephant to me...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 12:33:39 PM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2965 on: June 04, 2021, 12:41:04 PM »
This is the first time someone sent me something in a self-sealed vacuum bag. Got these ARC Troopers with broken hands for 12.50€ shipped. He told me to make an offer so I said 5€ each plus shipping. I cannot make these articulated bodies myself and I thought the accessories alone are worth that money and he accepted:

To be customized...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 02:48:11 AM by Darth More »

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2966 on: June 04, 2021, 03:34:34 PM »
My birthday presents to myself.

A bit disappointing as I was hoping to find more/better items that I was wanting, but alas, I saw tons of new stuff (Spinmaster Batgirl wave, 4 other new "Fortnite" figures, 3 different assortments of "Jurassic World" repaints, new Kid Galaxy dinos, etc.), but this was all I was interested in.

The Child is too large for 1/18 scale, but I wanted the hoverpram. I can pop different head and hands on the Child and have a different diminutive alien for a diorama :)
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2967 on: June 04, 2021, 04:11:28 PM »
Hey, happy birthday to you, Sir! I hope you're having a great time & enjoy your incredible collection with family and friends   vadsab

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2968 on: June 06, 2021, 05:57:37 AM »
Happy birthday Dan.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2969 on: June 08, 2021, 02:51:50 PM »
I don't think there's decreased demand because of the sequels.

Spector Creative shared an interesting video on this topic just yesterday:

Why have 3.75" Star Wars toys decline and can they make a come back?