Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384451 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2910 on: March 21, 2021, 12:35:31 AM »
Hey that's great, Dan! Haven't seen this brand new Blurgg on my latest toy hunts out in the wild of Germany, yet.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2911 on: March 21, 2021, 05:59:17 AM »
Nice Dan, you are getting quite the collection of these. How do you think they would work for a 3.75" figure?

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2912 on: March 21, 2021, 11:07:39 AM »
Nice Dan, you are getting quite the collection of these. How do you think they would work for a 3.75" figure?

Way too tiny, unfortunately. The 5 I have will be used as pack animals like donkeys. I will add G.I.Joe and other line backpacks to them and have someone leading them with leashes.

2 will be pulling an hovercraft.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2913 on: March 22, 2021, 02:29:09 AM »
yeah, way too small. Thanks for the image.

You know it is only a matter of time till they make these for both the six and three and three quarter lines.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2914 on: March 22, 2021, 06:16:56 AM »
yeah, way too small. Thanks for the image.

You know it is only a matter of time till they make these for both the six and three and three quarter lines.

I am sure there will be a 6" one, but they are not showing much love to the 3.75" fans as of late :(
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2915 on: March 25, 2021, 02:38:49 AM »
Strong Negotiations for a Bag full of figures from "The Golden Era" of Star Wars Figure Collecting

Back in January I had some strong negotiantions with a seller from the North of Germany. I sent her a request for only two figures of this lot, but she would only sell them all together.
I really wanted to finally have this Rodian Jedi from TLC's Geonosis Arena Showdown 2-Pack, but I ended up buying the whole lot because there were so many requests by other collectors.
So I asked her how much she wanted for the lot and she said 180€ (~$200) and I was very fine with that. Apparently she hadn't thought of a price to claim before, so a few hours later she wanted 300€ (~$350) for the 41 figures...long story short I ended up paying 260€ plus an extra 15€ after the package arrived.
I still think this was a good deal for 275€ considering how rare the Series 2 of the Arena Showdown 2-Packs were here in Germany. I only realized that I got the entire Series 2 after the package arrived and I'm quite happy about it even though some figures are incomplete and missing parts.
What do you think about this lot? Was it worth the 6,70€ ($7.60) I paid for each figure?
Please, let me know in the comments below.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 04:11:48 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2916 on: March 25, 2021, 03:06:10 AM »
I think you did fine. Not one of these figures is bad. Looks like each one is in good shape and they have all their soft goods and weapons and accessories.

I remember some of these waves sold out fast; like that Scuba Trooper. That was when the first version anime of Clone Wars was out and Hasbro decided to make "realistic" figures out of some of them. I loved the idea and think I still have some of these carded.

Anyhow good purchase. Bummer she changed the price on you when it was first negotiated though.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2917 on: March 27, 2021, 02:12:55 PM »
Nice haul, DM!

I picked up this 3.75 black series wolffe figure off of eBay.
It was one of the ones I had missed

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2918 on: March 28, 2021, 12:45:20 AM »
Thank you Clint, I'm really happy I got this lot. I was lucky as well because there were several other people interested. Really cool Wolffe figure there - that should make for a nice new mold to add to your resin cast assortment, too!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2919 on: April 12, 2021, 01:48:49 PM »
I got super lucky with this offer on ebay Kleinanzeigen (like Craigslist). But the seller gave me a hard time thinking I had been ripped off for the second time since I started collecting. So after 13 days of silence and a few lazy excuses, the seller finally sent this package for which I paid 85€ (~$95):

Set of Rebel Pilots, Astromech Droids and Rebel Transport Speeder

The seller only sold this as set and I'm especially happy about the Ground Transport vehicle, Jek Porkins, Dutch Vander and the B-A-D Astromechs. I already got Dorovio Bold and Mr Skywalker, going to sell them and two of the droids, again. This was a night owl lucky strike.

The Speeder arrived a little dusty and could be cleaned easily. I had always wondered how it looked on the bottom side:

« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 01:59:20 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2920 on: April 13, 2021, 02:26:19 AM »
I hate it when you have to finegle for something you bought. Goes with the territory I guess.

I got in two boxes. I haven't opened em yet, maybe I can find time tonight.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2921 on: April 13, 2021, 03:05:49 AM »
Same here, I got really nervous and didn't expect this set to arrive at all anymore. All I know is that people I sold stuff to would've reported me to the Police after almost 2 weeks of hesitation.

I was lucky on the Rebel Transport Speeder and found it on a fleamarket for 20 bucks! A friend of mine sold it there and although the box is heavily damaged, this was still an absolute bagain considering that this vehicle alone goes for about $80 or more loose on eBay.
My plan was to open it when I pass my exam. Unfortunately I did not, so it stays sealed. I'm really glad to have found this one though. The Rebel Ground Crew figure sells for over $40 as well and I so hope that Hasbro will repack both the vehicle and figure in The Vintage Collection...

This is one of many products that Hasbro need to bring back in the Vintage Collection.

Source: rebelscum.com

Source: Entertainment Earth

I also found this custom one with lights here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toys-R-US-Exclusive-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Rebel-Transport-Speeder-w-CUSTOM-LIGHTS/154032626217?hash=item23dd0f5a29:g:Q6UAAOSw7qtfKHEM

If there was a 1/18 scale model kit of this Transport vehicle, I'd totally do the same. Maybe I'll find a way to scan and 3D print the one I have. Then I'd modify and paint it myself. I'll ask my buddy RuhrTrooperCosplay for support.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 06:25:10 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2922 on: April 14, 2021, 01:20:06 PM »
I figured the ROTS Droid Tri Fighter has gained quite some value in the last couple years. I got a one sealed in Japanese box for 20€ on a convention 7 years ago. And I had trouble to sell it for 45€ a couple years ago after I had found another one loose.

This is what it currently goes for here in Germany:

The Clone Wars version is even rarer here, hardly found, but for some reason it usually goes for less than the first release of the ROTS line. I found this one here for 26€ (20+6€) shipped and the seller had tried to sell it for a while:

This is my second one of them and I'm going to modify one of them like RC-1136 did. His custom vehicles are such amazing masterpieces!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2923 on: April 15, 2021, 02:30:08 AM »
Nice, ROTS had some nice ship and vehicle offerings.

I still need to open my two boxes. Can't seem to find the time this week!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2924 on: April 23, 2021, 07:31:28 AM »
Indeed, I miss those days - it was the time of collecting bonanza! Spector Creative uploaded a new video today including his thoughts about the Vintage Collection and why it derailed.

Fortunately, we still have playsets to enjoy today and I was able to win an auction including two Bespin Freezing Chamber Playsets without the Stormtroopers: Got both for 68,25€ shipped.
They're currently 52,91€ each on Amazon.de instead of 63,99€ and I might bite since the Stormtrooper alone goes for 25-30€ here already!

Can't wait to put some lights underneath, get some tubes and a claw arm above and combine these sets with the elements
that JDeck found the other day!

It's also interesting to note for how low some of the Tantive IV corridor sets go here without the Fleet Trooper...what about you guys? Are you waiting for them to go on clearance?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 07:59:41 AM by Darth More »