Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384439 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2835 on: October 02, 2020, 10:49:31 AM »
Awesome haul DM. I've been trying to find a decent priced Wooof for a long time. I predict a buyer's market on eBay.   I imagine people are going to sell more and buy less, not only because of the virus but also because of the Razor Crest. I personally am laying off eBay for a couple of months, to make up the cost of the RC. So you should be able to find some good deals.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2836 on: October 02, 2020, 12:24:10 PM »
JDeck: Thanks so much for your comment! Yes, this is a crazy haul. I'm glad to have won four auctions from this seller so that the 7€ shipping paid off as well. Now, I finally got a second TVC Desert Skiff loose & complete.
If I break it down, I paid 8.89€ for TVC Wooof. I'm going to keep 13 figures and sell the other 20 of this lot again. We can trade the Wooof if you want?
Here's my break-down before reducing costs by selling the doubles again:

- TVC Luke Skywalker's X-Wing: 44€/~$49 (MRSP here is/was 139.99€/~$156)
- TVC Desert Skiff: 40€/~$44 (MRSP here is/was 69.99€/~$79)
- TVC Jabba's Palace Playset with extra walls: 9€/~$10 (came without Han in Carbonite, but still a great deal considering that this wall usually goes for about 35€ loose on ebay)
- 33 TVC figures: 8-10€ each (~$10)
- 8 RETRO Collection figures for 7.71€ each (~$8.62 ea.)

You might likely be correct with your prediction. I probably shouldn't have spent 408€/~$457 on all this stuff. That's why I need to re-sell some figures again. Heck this could've been the Razor Crest already! I'm really glad you decided to support it! I still need to back it. Want to make sure Zavvi will ship it from Germany. Don't want to spend an extra 19% at the customs office after the BREXIT at the end of 2020. If they ship from the UK I might just order the RC and have it shipped within the U.S. to pick it up next year. That wouldn't have been possible with The Khetanna though.
You're probably better off by laying off ebay for a while. I'll do the same and not buy anything in the near future. Need to save some money for the Crest now. Thanks again for coming by, JD, and have a great weekend! 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2837 on: October 03, 2020, 07:24:13 AM »
Philipp got the goods! Wow, nice stuff.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2838 on: October 07, 2020, 03:49:03 AM »
Thanks Tamer! It's fun - and I already sold some extra figures of this lot again.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2839 on: October 10, 2020, 02:18:31 AM »
The droids have arrived!

Found a set of these Astromech Droids loose on ebay for 60€ shipped. In comparison I got the boxed set on Amazon.com for $29.84 back in 2018, which I'm going to sell again.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 02:27:13 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2840 on: October 10, 2020, 02:25:36 AM »
I received my first order from Zavvi and I don't know if I really want to back the Razor Crest through them. This is what you get after choosing the cheapest shipping method. For 1.49€ they sent my order in two different plastic (trash) bags from the UK. I'm glad I'm going to open one of them:

so far so good

A friend of mine told me that Zavvi only offered the cheapest shipping method for the Razor Crest. I just checked it and they also offer another shipping method for 5.99€ and tracking number. I'll contact their customer service for further information and where they'll ship the Crest from...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 02:28:36 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2841 on: October 11, 2020, 08:01:27 AM »
Looks like Zavvi ships like amazon does to my house. Sorry you had to deal with that. Hope the one was good.

Lots of droid goodness too. That was a good pack. I know I got one when they hit clearance.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2842 on: October 15, 2020, 02:53:52 AM »
I got in some of my PulseCon Stuff:

I think the rest is coming today. I got a bit worried when I got an email from Fed Ex the other day saying they didn't deliver because of "security concerns". When I called to ask what that was they couldn't even tell me what that would be. I just had to chuckle. Glad the box showed up ok yesterday.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2843 on: October 15, 2020, 05:16:32 AM »
Looks like Zavvi ships like amazon does to my house. Sorry you had to deal with that. Hope the one was good.

Lots of droid goodness too. That was a good pack. I know I got one when they hit clearance.

Yup, they do. Maybe slightly better, but still not good. They offered me a 20% refund, which is 2.99€...and they told me the Razor Crest will ship from the United Kingdom next year - as expected. So I don't know if I should order it via Zavvi...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2844 on: October 15, 2020, 05:19:54 AM »
I got in some of my PulseCon Stuff:

I got a bit worried when I got an email from Fed Ex the other day saying they didn't deliver because of "security concerns". When I called to ask what that was they couldn't even tell me what that would be. I just had to chuckle. Glad the box showed up ok yesterday.

Well, nowadays you must have security concerns if you don't deliver collectibles in pristine condition to MISB collectors. Talking about excellent condition, you got your stuff, Tamer! Awesome news here! Thanks for the good news!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2845 on: October 15, 2020, 05:28:12 AM »
Some stuff from China was delivered a few minutes ago. I hadn't purchased anything from this seller before, but I'm convinced and happy to have done so (even though the 501st Troopers came without the shoulder pauldron...):

I'm so excited and happy with the quality of the Clone Troopers and lightsabers that I took the pictures even before washing the figures! Still had my gloves on though.

You can see the lightsabers in more details here.

Big shoutout to RC-1136 for the great hint at these army builder sets! The buckets look much better than expected!

Click here for my full review on these Clone Troopers.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 01:36:05 AM by Darth More »

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2846 on: October 15, 2020, 04:32:23 PM »
I don't have it in my hands yet, but  friend in upstate NY picked up the new Vintage Collection Hondo for me after work :)

That was one of only two figures from this year that I wanted (the other is the Power Droid, which I still haven't seen in person yet).
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2847 on: October 16, 2020, 02:59:25 AM »
Wow, Phillip you got a lot of nice stuff. I got the other part of my puslecon order:

packed well.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2848 on: October 21, 2020, 02:48:30 AM »
And the Exclusive Armourer. She looks great.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2849 on: October 22, 2020, 08:52:49 AM »
I also got in two more Gonks from Amazon. Still arrived all bent up as far as the cards, but think I can bend em back. So, my Gonks are done. I do like the vintage styling of these.