Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384449 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2790 on: June 06, 2020, 05:42:46 AM »
Let’s go! I think you can still find some treasures on local garage sales and flea markets around your town! Thanks for your comment, Tamer!
I always like to get to talk to the people selling the stuff. The guy who sold the TLC & TVC figures to me, told me that he bought them at Müller back in the day (drug store similar to Walgreens). I wish I had known that a decade ago, but I cannot complain because I was in Michigan for half a year back then. Wish I would’ve had the guts to take pictures of the FULL pegs of TVC & TCW goodness...my local meijer was just loaded with good figures not to forget the SOTDS SAGA Legenda line with all those bonus weapons...got my Bossk there and thank Vader I picked him up!

Have been playing around with my figures and if you ask me, this screams for customs here. Wanted to make a Flamethrower Clone or Imperial of this one here - because the First Order doesn’t exist to me you know   ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 05:46:35 AM by Darth More »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2791 on: June 09, 2020, 09:42:44 PM »
Pretty rad. None of this exists to me, it's just a fun escape. That's the cool thing about Star Wars.

I got my Camtono from I-am-boba-fett. It's made to order, so it took some time, but it's a cool piece. It's not a copy of Willrow Hood Camtono, it's much larger. I don't know if that's good or bad, or what the scale of an ice cream maker is, but it actually might fit better in Hood's arm, I'll have to do a follow-up.  The lid comes off, and the details are really nice. Personally, I'm going to repaint the beskar gold for imperial credits, he threw in an extra pistol. I don't know if it's intentional, but I'll take it. I like it. It's cool.  I'm an accessories freak, so keep it coming Mr. Fett.

Also, not exactly Star Wars, but I got 1/12 playing cards, they work well with 1/18 also. I might trim the corners, to make them more screen accurate, but they're pretty cool as is.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 10:31:09 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2792 on: June 10, 2020, 07:38:23 AM »
It looks pretty cool to me. Nice cards too.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2793 on: June 18, 2020, 01:23:40 PM »
Thanks for your support JD! Was good reading that! To me that’s the best part about Star Wars: your own imagination.
Some see it as strict religion or something like that.

I-am-Boba-Fett makes great stuff! The vault looks good in silver. Loooks like you can save a lot of beskar in there.
I think I recognize those cards ??

Found some more loose figures from a friend across the country. One goes to my buddy and forum member Miichico in Belgium.

The Clone Troopers were 5€ each, the rest 4€ each. Got all of them for 43€ ($47) shipped.

Finally got a Chewbacca with removable belt. Hasbro NEED to give us Leia from ANH in TVC. And that Qui-Gon headsculpt looks just stunning...wish we could get both: great sculpt AND super-articulation.
Hasbro did a good job since the dark times began. I mean: how many of you out there dreamed of a lightsaber for our action figure that actually lights up for years? How cool is that? The green looks at least a hundred times better than on the pic. Like many others before me, I put the MH Obi-Wan head onto the TLC version of him. That’s about all tooling Hasbro needed to do for a TVC update: what do you think?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2794 on: June 19, 2020, 07:01:24 AM »
Philipp you are always finding nice things. I did get an order in yesterday:

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2795 on: June 20, 2020, 08:36:57 AM »
Nice scores, Phillipp! I do like the sabres.
  Wow Shawn, I can’t believe you opened the case.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2796 on: June 21, 2020, 06:38:33 AM »
  Wow Shawn, I can’t believe you opened the case.

The box was a little smashed on one corner so I wanted to make sure there was no damage, everything was fine and I taped it back up. I keep thinking I wanna redo my collection and do all vintage boxed stuff. Who knows.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2797 on: June 25, 2020, 09:32:18 AM »
Got in some vintage goodies:

EE does such a good job keeping vintage things nice in the boxes. Just superb shipping. If you can believe it, they gave me a five dollar refund on my last order because;

"The R2-D2 action figures in this assortment may have damaged packaging. Unfortunately, Hasbro does not have replacements available at this time. To our knowledge and based on the way this wave was manufactured, all units available in this wave in the United States are in this condition."

I can't wait to hear someone ask Hasbro about why the would ship out damaged cardbacks on vintage items; especially for these repacks!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2798 on: July 07, 2020, 08:03:16 AM »
Pretty nice deals on EE, Tamer! Congrats to two new vehicles!

I found some different fodder and picked up some TVC ones on my way through hyperspace on Sunday:

Pic 1: 35€
Pic 2: 20€
Pic 3: 45€ shipped
Pic 4: 10€ shipped (Plo Koon was only 1€!)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2799 on: July 08, 2020, 05:03:06 AM »
Nice, you got some great deals Philipp!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2800 on: July 14, 2020, 08:32:29 PM »
I finally broke down and got the Vandor playset. *Sigh* I payed over $25 for it, less than MSRP, but more than I wanted. Basically I bought it for the gate. It will make  awesome diorama fodder. The Chewbacca can be parted out for custom fodder, and the Convex or whatever it's called, will make decent Dio fodder, maybe an elevator mechanism or something. I'd like to get another gate part, but it just seems like a waste to have to buy everything else with it. I have zero interest in the cardboard.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2801 on: July 15, 2020, 05:17:24 AM »
That gate looks great.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2802 on: July 31, 2020, 02:15:26 AM »
JDeck: Wow, I didn't know there was such a cool looking gate included! Never saw this playset in stores here in Germany.
This part should look awesome in your spaceport project! What a nice addition to your collection, JD!

On Wednesday I picked up this sceleton that once was an AT-TE. It comes from a rather dirty household in my town and it looks like it had some great outdoor battles, too! I think it was still worth 20€. Lights & sounds still work. I might use it for a diorama. In any case it screams for a repaint since the front has slightly changed colors. It looks actually worse in the pic than it really is. What do you think?

The sticker next to the battery case also says: This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
I've never seen this sticker on any other AT-TE before. I got my very first one from the U.S. - but bought all the others here in Germany. Maybe this was a Canadian release, then? Or were all units sold in the U.S. also made for the Canadian market? Please let me know.

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2803 on: July 31, 2020, 06:25:58 AM »
Wow, an AT-TE, I haven't seen one of those in awhile. Nice find.

It would be great to see you restore her to her orignal beauty. And maybe slap a new paint job on her.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2804 on: August 05, 2020, 10:26:17 AM »
I'll give my best and try to find original parts for them which are also affordable. Hasbro used t have replacements for the AT-TE's legs, but they're long gone. Wish I had asked for more than one set back then...

Found this set for 75€ shipped last week. Found the package on my window-sill today, which is a very unusual delivery - even in times of Pandemic.
This set attracted me mainly because of the 2 TVC Battle Droids, the TVC Weequay Skiff Master and the custom Clone Trooper. But there's even more custom to this set...the pre-owner made the Weequay a robe with old jeans cloth.

For 5€ a piece I'm quite happy with this set - considering the value of the Skiff Master, it was definitely worth it.

I asked the seller and he told me it was the TBS 41st Elite Corps Clone Trooper before, which he painted red first and then blue to become a 501st Legion Trooper for Anakin. Nice story of how a customizer began his hobby.

I also discovered that the MH Super Battle Droid is in 1/24 scale. Hasbro love scaling down things since 2013. Telling from the pictures on ebay I supposed this SBD was a key chain from SIMBA like that COunt Dooku figurine, which all are in 1/24 scale.

You can see what I use these Battle Droids for here.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 05:01:23 AM by Darth More »