Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384430 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2745 on: April 14, 2020, 05:11:15 AM »
Nice score on those mando bodies

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2746 on: April 14, 2020, 08:01:41 AM »
Wow, you got some nice stuff Darth More! Very  nice.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2747 on: April 15, 2020, 08:48:41 AM »
Finally some 3.75" vintage stuff. Feels like forever!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2748 on: April 15, 2020, 01:58:31 PM »
That's such an awesome sight to see! Did you actually find them at retail? Or have Hasbro actually sent them out to you? I think it would be appropriate to send a case to you for free like they did a decade ago! If I lived in the U.S. I would subscribe to HasbroPulse. The cardbacks of the Mando figures look brilliant! Congrats Tamer! tunghori is WAY too expensive for everyone in the U.S. - but for me he was (almost) the only way to get them loose...

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2749 on: April 15, 2020, 02:45:39 PM »
I got a Disney parks C1-10P "Chopper" today. He is much better than the Missions version, but just shy of being as great as the 6" version. He comes with his spare strut, and a rocket booster. The Rocket booster is kind of useless without the flame effect or stand, which is why I say it's not as good as 6". He does have the little arms that come out of his head, however they are not removable, maybe they are but I don't want to force it. All three of his little wheels move The front arm can fold in and out, making 12 points of articulation plus the wheels.  He holds his extra strut pretty well, but not over his head. It's a cool figure. Chopper is my favorite Droid he's hilarious.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 03:03:22 PM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2750 on: April 15, 2020, 03:04:00 PM »
Congrats to Chopper & thanks for the detailed review! It's good to see that Disney still gives us quality for our money.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2751 on: April 16, 2020, 04:04:57 AM »
Congrats to Chopper & thanks for the detailed review! It's good to see that Disney still gives us quality for our money.
Thanks yeah they still make cool stuff but it's mostly 6". I just can't get into it. It's too late for me my son. You don't know the power of the 3.75, I must obey my master. If they ever completely phase out 3.75 I don't know what I'd do honestly.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2752 on: April 16, 2020, 05:23:28 AM »
That's such an awesome sight to see! Did you actually find them at retail? Or have Hasbro actually sent them out to you?

This was just a pre-order I had put in a long, long time ago for Entertainment Earth. They are about the only place besides BBTS I trust to ship well. I have found a lot of etailers have gone to really cheap and think cardboard boxes or even bubble envelopes to ship vintage figures which means they come damaged! Man, I wish Hasbro would send me something new, maybe for May the 4th?

JDeck, great Chopper. He looks great. I need to find the custom one the Mad Jawa made for me. It blows away anything I have seen produced at regular retail, including the six inch version. He is definitely one of my favorite droids too.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2753 on: April 16, 2020, 07:12:31 AM »

JDeck, great Chopper. He looks great. I need to find the custom one the Mad Jawa made for me. It blows away anything I have seen produced at regular retail, including the six inch version. He is definitely one of my favorite droids too.

I would really like to see that! If you could find it and post it in here that would be fantastic! This chopper is a great figure, but needs some TLC. Especially some weathering, maybe a whole repaint. Might be able to put some red LEDs on the sides of his head if I want to go nuts with it.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2754 on: April 22, 2020, 09:30:18 AM »
Tamer: Hey, that's great to hear! It's always good to have a reliable etailer. I have been pre-ordering quite a bit on StarActionFigures lately - it all arrived in great condition! Was even able to pre-order the new GameStop exclusive Jedi Knight Revan there...pics will follow as soon as it arrives!

JDeck: Wow JD, you got great plans for your Chopper! LEDs would look awesome! Big respect if you give him a complete repaint - I think a weathering/wash will do since the paint apps look pretty decent already! But that's just my opinion. Whatever you're up to, it will improve the figure big time!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2755 on: April 22, 2020, 09:44:51 AM »
Still a good deal?

Got this fodder of figures in the bay a while ago - none was complete:

In fact it was in the middle of March - shortly before my big exams. But I told the seller he didn't need to hurry shipping the lot - some accessories were already included, but I would've been glad if he found more…

Instead, he sold them seperately - one set for 12€, the other for 35€! We made a deal for 45€ shipped. I hoped he would accomodate me a better Price because they were basically the missing parts of the figures I already bought from him...what do you think? Was it still a good deal for 80€ total?

Set 2:

I mean an extra Vulture Droid missle is Always welcome - got another one in a previous fodder and could complete a Vulture already! Now, I'm only missing 2 more of 18 of my three Vultures…
The rear cannon of the Republic Gunship is also a rare and sought after piece - so definitely a plus here. Could complete some figures - the Geonosian of the Republic Commando set I could complete now. Custom or resale? Hope I can complete that Jodo Kast figure down the line…the VC 212th Attack Battalion Clone Trooper would be awesome to complete, too! Let's see...

And I will definitely use this cannon for a custom vehicle, too! A mold is a must here - also some other unknown guns and pieces were part of the set - or parts I didn't want to sacrifice before - like the ARC Trooper's shoulder kama.

Here's the jump to my custom vehicles' thread: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10165.0

Looking back at all the Clone Wars figures in this set brought me back to the great line-up of figures of 2012's series on Darth Maul cardbacks...good times…

http://www.rebelscum.com/TCWFigures.asp#darthmaul2012

Let me know your thoughts down below!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 09:56:59 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2756 on: April 22, 2020, 01:02:13 PM »
Crazy Coincidence?
Support from Belgium

I saw forum member Miichico online and sent him a message when I saw he was a fellow from Europe. He told me about the figure lot he saw on eBay Kleinanzeigen (similar to Craigslist). Well, the seller told me that I had to be quick because there was another request. And this request came from Miichico! That's too crazy, isn't it? So both of us went for the same offer. And since I don't need all of the figures of this fodder I'm more than happy to share!
Got this lot for 50€ shipped.

Never saw that TCW Ki-Adi Mundi figure - don't remember him being released at all! That TVC AT-AP turret missle was a nice Bonus, too.
For example I'm going to use this Rebel Commando and the Nikto Jedi for a custom. Can't believe how crazy the demand (read aftermarket prices) for those Clone Wars figures are by now. I mean I've even found an offer for just one of the Mando's jet backpacks for $14.99 on eBay! Had a chat about that with FialaFernbrugg tonight. I mean Season 7 is out now - of course people want to play with action figures for the series! Where are they Hasbro?! 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:08:05 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2757 on: April 23, 2020, 12:21:28 PM »
Now that is a lot of stuff. There are some great ones there. Those Mandos for sure.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2758 on: May 11, 2020, 07:46:59 AM »
Finally got me Bly!

Offline Michiico

• Cadet
  • Why did the clone wars had to come to an end?
« Reply #2759 on: May 11, 2020, 04:15:28 PM »
Congratulations on the commander Bly. From the pictures I've seen of him he looks really nice.

To Darth More I say, you won the auction fair and square buddy. You earned it! Besides, if it weren't for you I wouldn't even know about Ebay-kleinanzeigen. It's another nice way to get my hands on figures cause over here in Belgium (that's where I live) there are not many other ways left to get star wars figures. They hardly even sell them in stores anymore.

Anyway, this is my haul that I got over the last couple of weeks from ebay-kleinanzeigen. Is it obvious that I like clones? ;D I'm especially glad with the AT-RT driver since he's such a nice figure and not so easy to get for a decent price. I'm also still waiting for my tvc mandalorian that I preordered, but it seems he keeps getting postponed. The coronavirus has probably something to do with it.