Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384449 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2715 on: March 12, 2020, 12:25:43 AM »
Wow, these have become sought after figures, (SID)! Is that a $1.25 price tag I can see there? Steal of a deal my friend! Congrats!  DH

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2716 on: March 12, 2020, 02:17:30 AM »
Very nice SID!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2717 on: March 12, 2020, 07:07:54 AM »
I may check my stores this weekend

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2718 on: March 12, 2020, 07:42:42 AM »
I go past one on my way home from work, but I spent all my allowance and milk money this week. I bought a couple of those imperial speeders @$16 each. I'll use the speeder bikes for a scout trooper thing I got going on, and the pilots I'll use for my ITT, when it arrives.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2719 on: March 12, 2020, 09:18:39 AM »
@ $3.25 each it's hard to pass on good/rare figures. My 5below locations get in 3 3/4 every month or so. All the figures move. This case was brought to store Tuesday and shelved/sold out Wednesday  😵  I've gotten a few of these figures now so I'll finally open a set.

I'm super poor right now (gotta start selling stuff hahaha) but I couldn't resist 6x sweet Solo figures for $20

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2720 on: March 12, 2020, 03:09:55 PM »
I was really tempted to see if they had some Royal guards or solo mimban troopers, but I had to pick up money from a customer on my way home. I told myself I'd only spend $20, I was going to get a pair of loose speeder bikes for $18, but figured since I want to eventually get two pilots/drivers to get the packaged deal. In the long run I saved money.

Offline (SID)

• Commander
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2721 on: March 12, 2020, 06:43:35 PM »
Well more "new" stuff. This is why I don't go shopping  ::)

I got all this for under $14 @ savers today!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2722 on: March 13, 2020, 01:26:38 AM »
Really awesome stuff there, buddy! The helmet alone was worth it! Interesting parts and prices, too! Excellent custom material  8)
And $3.25 still is an excellent price! I’m just wondering if my eyes have turned that bad...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2723 on: March 13, 2020, 02:02:26 AM »
I gotta go get to a five below.

Nice scores again SID

Offline (SID)

• Commander
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2724 on: March 13, 2020, 10:27:14 AM »
Really awesome stuff there, buddy! The helmet alone was worth it! Interesting parts and prices, too! Excellent custom material  8)
And $3.25 still is an excellent price! I’m just wondering if my eyes have turned that bad...

Naa yours eyes aren't bad. I just used flash on my camera phone. I would've thought the same. Yeah I was ecstatic to find that Clone Helmet for $3 (and Deathtrooper gun $2) especially AFTER finding a bag with those 2 TBS figures, my heart was racing when I spied that Fleet Trooper sure its missing everything but its not an easy/cheap figure. I know I only have one cuz Walgreens had a $8 sale in the fall. so I'm sure both of these TBS came from the same store/sale. The DINO is a JW release so $2 I was sold. The playset and the scuba suit are from some kitty underwater adventure line: They had the whole line but those are the coolest I saw. Dunno what I'm gunna use the dive suit for (Joe?) but the playset and mini paw patrol vehicle are 100% for my Jawa's since I've no sandcrawler.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 03:04:52 PM by (SID) »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2725 on: March 14, 2020, 03:41:14 AM »
Thanks (SID), I'm now on my computer and can see the price tag clear & yellow! My cell phone could probably not show the Image in high resolution. $3.25 is a great price really! If Hasbro won't give us a Rio Durant in TVC within the next 5 years, I'm going to get the SOLO one once I see it for this price somewhere...thank you also for the detailed break-down of prices! 2 bucks for a JW Dinosaur is a steal! They start around 8€ on eBay here. Have you also added the Legacy Brachiosaurus to your collection?  I think 50 bucks is well worth it! Since it's not available internationally, it's offered for 80-180€ on eBay Germany...

Offline (SID)

• Commander
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2726 on: March 14, 2020, 03:02:30 PM »
Thanks (SID), I'm now on my computer and can see the price tag clear & yellow! My cell phone could probably not show the Image in high resolution. $3.25 is a great price really! If Hasbro won't give us a Rio Durant in TVC within the next 5 years, I'm going to get the SOLO one once I see it for this price somewhere...thank you also for the detailed break-down of prices! 2 bucks for a JW Dinosaur is a steal! They start around 8€ on eBay here. Have you also added the Legacy Brachiosaurus to your collection?  I think 50 bucks is well worth it! Since it's not available internationally, it's offered for 80-180€ on eBay Germany...

Yikes dude... I want that Brachio so bad. I avoid going to Target to even see it @ $50 its incredible. I love big stuff. A tjmaxx near me has a mega rex (battle scared) on clearance for $20! I'm soo temped its crazy. But I have too many toys. Example: When the JP/LEGACY figures hit clearance I got whole sets 😉 (to use for gifts/fodder/trades). SW is my only focus and I dabble in other stuff for only scale or nostalgia. Like how I still have all my JP/LW toys and packages.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2727 on: March 21, 2020, 09:22:07 AM »
Wow, (SID) that’s quite a collection! I’d get that T-Rex on clearance. You’d regret it when they’re all gone. Prices for that T and the Mosasaurus are already rising in the bay.
Your Lost World figures are the best example - so hard to find and wanted more than ever!

I also found a nice deal on ebay/craigslist: A roll of toilet paper for just 50€ (plus 5€ shipped). The 5 TBS6 figures were a nice addition to stuff the package and protect the paper. The current value of that toilet paper is probably more than double than what I paid. Amazing deal if you ask me. I’d probably invest in tissue and all kinds of paper today rather than in gold.

Stay safe everyone!

Offline (SID)

• Commander
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2728 on: March 21, 2020, 03:22:26 PM »
Yeah DARTH MORE, I really want that Rex the store also had a stegosaurus $10 and Claire figure $2... But I don't have the space really, this economy I gotta save, its probably gone now... And ZERO way I'm shopping right now. Tj maxx and many chains and stores are shuttered anyways. The few places I've been are a mad house with people crowded in going nuts. Like on the radio heard (and saw yesterday) a food / restaurant wholesaler with hundreds of cars lining blocks and parking lot: People in lines for $1 foodstuff since the chain was bought out, laying off employees and clearing stock.

I've seen people fighting over water and calling out others @ registers over supply.

Anyways... Yea the Lost World stuff is definitely going up. I have "most" of the line since I missed out on many JP and made it a mission to get as much a could. So got the BUS, THRASHER REX, etc. Basically anything that was in the movie. Remember I saw the toys @ the Hasbro company store before I even knew Lost World was coming.

Great score on TBS, some great figures. My Padme is defective though with a broken/short knee peg (and loose wrists) soo watch out.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 03:24:02 PM by (SID) »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2729 on: March 22, 2020, 12:15:07 AM »
Thank you! Yeah, you’re right. It’s good to make a smart choice when it comes to time, money and space. I currently don’t even have the space to display my entire collection. But if all goes well, I’ll have time to show some of it, soon.

For 11€ each I couldn’t pass on them. Found Cara Dune for 26,99€ on my last toy hunt at a store similar to Walgreens. Do they still have Star Wars stuff at all? I think their TBS6 exclusives were well distributed, but maybe not the strongest sellers.

Maybe I find another Holdo in a doll bin on a flea market some day. I really admire Laura Dern as an actress. But she was such a waist on her role in TLJ. Holdo is such an awful, even disgusting character which does not do justice to her at all.
Maybe I’ll sell Holdo again. When I find one loose for cheap, I’ll make a custom of it and blow it up. Sounds childish? It is!

Jannah is a great figure - why can’t all Black Series figures come with so many accessories?! I mean she’s just loaded with all the good stuff! And her head sculpt is phenomenal! Don’t know her character, but maybe that’s for the better.

The color-changing feature of Dryden Vos is a nice surprise and a really cool feature, even though the effect disappears quickly.

Thanks for the hint at Padmé! I really like the likeness of her and the different (non-damaged) costume Hasbro gave her. This makes it worth to get the SH FiguArts version, too. But I probably can’t afford it.
The TBS version looks great next to Bandai’s Mace Windu. And I checked her knee and fortunately it’s okay so far.