Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384459 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2700 on: January 04, 2020, 07:33:05 AM »
Remember These auctions I shared the other day?

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10579.msg215266#msg215266

I'm still quite down that I missed them...but I was able to win another auction of the same seller and she seems to sell multiple sets of old and new stuff - boxed and loose!

By the plastic bags I can tell that she also buys some figures to add to her lots from tunghori.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=6995.msg215865#msg215865

Talking about tunghori: As you can see three figures are incomplete. I asked the seller if she just forgot to include them, but she doesn't have them. So I asked tunghori if he could help me out. And he indeed told me that he would include those four accessories with my latest order! Yes, I purchased four figures after months again. I think this is very nice of tunghori. I hope he won't forget about it.

And I think photo real for the 3.75" and 6" lines is one of Hasbro's best improvements of the last years - especially since the quality of facial painting went Downhill in 2013 moving Forward in Walmart's exclusive line.

So now I got my first three of the new Stormtrooper! You know what that means?
I can now start with the review JDeck, Tamer and I were joking around with at the end of 2019.

You can see our detailed corporate review by following this link:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10700.0
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 07:40:14 AM by Darth More »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2701 on: January 05, 2020, 08:52:22 AM »
I did something today, that I very rarely do if ever. I bought a 6" figure. I got the Target exclusive C-3PO and Babu Frik figures. I doubt they'll ever make a 3.75 Babu Frik, with 5poa being gone, but he'd be tiny if they did, so I got this. I also got materials to make his work station. Hopefully. The 3po doesn't have the red eyes like some do. I heard if you put him in cold water his eyes turn, but I don't know. I was thinking maybe put LEDs in his eyes, but I'm not sure how that would work. 
He sits good enough, I think. I payed less than $15 so I want to do something with it. Right now I have a mild
Babu Frik obsession.

Haha that's nice! You could be Right with Babu Frik in 1/18 scale since Hasbro don't give a frik for the 3.75" line anymore…
Looking awesome so far! Can't wait to see what you do with it! Also really like your new profile pic by the way and how it underlines your new obsession with Babu. Guess you are not as much of a fan of The Child? The hype is real. But I agree - in some scenes the cuteness is a ittle over the top.

Baby Yoda is cute I guess, but Babu Frik is hilarious and awesome. I even have Babu Frik "He-heyyyy"
 notification sound. I know it's unprofessional, but you can't be in a bad mood when Babu Frik says he-heyyyy!!
At any rate, that's a great score for under a hundred. I still can't find a tank commander at a decent price.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2702 on: January 23, 2020, 10:34:44 PM »
Start checking stores for holiday clearance! Just got 2x more Skiffs' for $9! Each!  ;D WalMart has tons of stuff right now including Legos, all the Godzilla line ($2 and up!), Overwatch figures ($5 single, $9 double), marvel legends $5 etc. Etc. Etc. Too much to list honestly.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2703 on: March 05, 2020, 04:05:49 PM »
Got this one on eBay.
GameStop exclusive ,I believe, Black series heavy battle droid
I had heard how pose able these six inch battle droids were but I had to pull him out and try a pose or two.
   I needed a battle droid to go with my 6 inch grievous 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2704 on: March 06, 2020, 02:55:48 AM »
Looks pretty awesome Clint. I got a box in from EE yesterday. I need to open it up.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2705 on: March 06, 2020, 03:08:07 AM »
I had a couple extra minutes this morning and opened up the box. I finally have one!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2706 on: March 06, 2020, 05:24:32 AM »
That one looks cool, Shawn.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2707 on: March 06, 2020, 07:58:04 AM »
Hey Shawn, that’s awesome news! I read a couple articles on JTA and YakFace about the RO Stormie last night. I’m really glad you finally got one! Hope it won’t stay the only one, though ;) It seems like many collectors are still waiting for their pre-orders to arrive. Meanwhile all of them have sold out at SmythsToys for 18,99€ (~$21) here in Germany.

I really like how quick Hasbro gets out more repaints of this fantastic version.

Clint: Also nice Battle Droid! I better do some stretching, too.

I got the VC150 version of Princess Leia (Yavin Ceremony) at Smyths as I posted in our Local Finds thread.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?PHPSESSID=5454b502f62d88be527c9d2153cacb8e&topic=1012.msg217061#msg217061

Also found more custom fodder for 37€ and the biography of daddy himself for 14€ shipped (new: 29,95€). The book was in the mail today and is like new. The Old Republic video game made it into my collection as well (70€) and I really like the design of this set. Might review it soon and until then I listen to its masterful soundtrack!

And I just finished watching the Holiday Special on YouTube. I feel as if I’ve aged years while watching this and I gotta lot to say about it. Later.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 08:19:27 AM by Darth More »

Offline (SID)

• Commander
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2708 on: March 06, 2020, 08:48:29 AM »
Found a BB-8 playset mostly junked @ savers yesterday $3 always wanted one just to have ANY display for ST figures (insane this is the only playset). Also grabbed a couple of 4-inch joes which I kinda love randomly collecting now from grab bags etc. I used to cannibalize them but after going threw all my vintage Joe I kinda have a new admiration for the line.

Same location still since January has a Legacy AT-AT $130 missing many of the parts hahaha.

I always find SW at the locations near me. Last week I got a bag of '96 Galoob Diecasts with a mini applause Boba Fett and a TFA 5-pos Chewie (missing bandolier) $4... They also had the original Ghostbusters soundtrack (cassette tape) for $.99 so had to grab that 😁 another location I got a random loose RO baze malbus.

Heading to WalMart today... So who knows? Kinda hope I find nothing 😉
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 08:57:21 AM by (SID) »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2709 on: March 07, 2020, 05:53:44 AM »
SID great deals wish I had a few places to look around like that (ah the price of living in a very rural area).

Darth More you got some great stuff, really like that Old Republic Set. Good stuff that.

I actually had another box in my mailbox yesterday so now I actually have one of these too:

I gotta figure out how many different six inch figures they have going in this line. So far I just have this one and the Heavy Mandalorian from Best Buy.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2710 on: March 07, 2020, 08:27:30 AM »
You are going to have to rig up some more display area, buddy
That one looks real nice.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2711 on: March 08, 2020, 04:35:50 AM »
You are going to have to rig up some more display area, buddy
That one looks real nice.

Thanks Clint. And yes, you are correct. I am gonna have to figure something out as my collection room now looks like a bad episode of "hoarders".

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2712 on: March 08, 2020, 05:53:17 AM »
Clint is right, I’m afraid! Hasbro is getting better and better at TBS6. The new Dooku is easily one of the best figures they’ve made so far. Such a nice tribute to Sir Christopher Lee.

Still glad I only buy my absolute favorite characters in 6 inch. Which are Admiral Holdo, Rose Tico and Rey of course. Happy World’s women’s day by the way!

You probably won’t like it, Tamer, but I got 7 new LEGO sets loose on ebay for 110€ shipped. Don’t wanna trigger you, but you might need even more space on your shelf...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 05:57:55 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2713 on: March 09, 2020, 02:06:40 AM »
The LEGO stuff is seriously nice. They make such awesome stuff. I just know I can't go there or it would be total chaos for my collecting. That stuff you got is sure nice though.

Offline (SID)

• Commander
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2714 on: March 11, 2020, 06:46:36 PM »
Well 5below got in a "new" case. Had to grab some bonus/extras.